08-15-2017, 02:30 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:

Test
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2209
    Rules
    Default Settings
    Submission Message
    Hi, here is the game Pole Position II for the Atari 7800, a very common game for this console. This run is for the test track, recorded on July 23rd, 2017 and converted to MP4 because TG will not accept my MPG. Just gotta see what the watermark looks like, and if it's worth to advertise movavi on all my future submissions... or if it's just in poor taste to do so.
    Final score: 74,750
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  2. 08-15-2017, 03:15 PM
    I have this cart, but not the console...
    :(.
    Looks Great!!!

This is a can of worms that I would actually love to see opened up.

When you say "In poor taste to do so", first, if it's the only means to convert that you have then you gotta do what you gotta do, I'm not paying for anything I can use a trial version of, haha!!!

But even if you meant "I may be compensated by them".
    Yes. Most definitely. Unquestionably I wouldn't mind to see this become a part of our scene at all.

First-I don't think anyone is going to find a sponsor big enough to pay their bills or anything, lol. Certainly not talking on that scale.

But if a game store wants to give you carts or something in exchange for having an advertisement for them on your submission, I don't see why that doesn't work all the way around.

"Sponsorship" leads to bigger things.
    Very left field, but NASCAR would not have been successful on a National scale, without sponsorship.

A big benefit is that sponsors have integrity of their own, and want to be represented properly.
    Even if someone weren't paying their bills gaming, just knowing that they are representing something specific could take all this to another level.

I have no particular ambitions of my own, having said all that.
    You Guys know, I don't mind to throw my hand up here and say "Look at MEEEE!!!", but IRL, when someone looks too closely, I get shy and walk away. I couldn't see actually approaching someone with the idea.

But I DO think it is something to be explored.
    Thanks stygian thanked this post
  3. 08-15-2017, 03:16 PM
    Set up: :30
    Run begins: 9:36

I see the watermark for movavi might bother people. It might also be considered not too classy. I know I don't like it there.
    Adjudicators, let me know what you think of the watermark, and, oh, also my gameplay.
    ...God gave video games to you...
  4. 08-15-2017, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    I have this cart, but not the console...
    :(.
    Looks Great!!!

This is a can of worms that I would actually love to see opened up.

When you say "In poor taste to do so", first, if it's the only means to convert that you have then you gotta do what you gotta do, I'm not paying for anything I can use a trial version of, haha!!!

But even if you meant "I may be compensated by them".
    Yes. Most definitely. Unquestionably I wouldn't mind to see this become a part of our scene at all.

First-I don't think anyone is going to find a sponsor big enough to pay their bills or anything, lol. Certainly not talking on that scale.

But if a game store wants to give you carts or something in exchange for having an advertisement for them on your submission, I don't see why that doesn't work all the way around.

"Sponsorship" leads to bigger things.
    Very left field, but NASCAR would not have been successful on a National scale, without sponsorship.

A big benefit is that sponsors have integrity of their own, and want to be represented properly.
    Even if someone weren't paying their bills gaming, just knowing that they are representing something specific could take all this to another level.

I have no particular ambitions of my own, having said all that.
    You Guys know, I don't mind to throw my hand up here and say "Look at MEEEE!!!", but IRL, when someone looks too closely, I get shy and walk away. I couldn't see actually approaching someone with the idea.

But I DO think it is something to be explored.
    Hi, guys. No, there is no deal or sponsorship here, just my way of converting a file. It keeps me from uploading to youtube and then transferring the run to TG. I hope to get more votes this way as well (my ultimate ulterior motive).
    In poor taste means "it looks like I sold out to get a free trial run at this converting software". I want to do things above board, and if the movavi watermark is questionable, then I will not use this software. Maybe someone in admin can chime in.

Steve
    ...God gave video games to you...
  5. 08-15-2017, 03:26 PM
    Accepted. :D

Avidemux is free & no watermark (unless you add it yourself): http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/ . No harm in trying. ;)
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Thanks Rogerpoco, stygian thanked this post
    Likes stygian liked this post
  6. 08-15-2017, 05:34 PM
    Hate the watermark personally. I always use Format Factory - free, no watermark, tons of formats, also includes audio conversion. Nice game.
    Likes nads liked this post
  7. 08-16-2017, 03:50 AM
    Run starts at 9:37

Great manoeuvre at 12:05

Good drive Steve!

Not a fan of the watermark though

Accepted
  8. 08-16-2017, 09:29 AM
    Looks good, accepted
Join us