Dispute: william rosa - M.A.M.E. - Space Tactics - Points - Player: Patrick Scott Patterson - Score: 49,300

Is this a valid dispute?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. 11-18-2019, 11:52 PM
    For what it's worth, there's a thread here somewhere started about 2008 or 2009-ish? that has a list of all known MAME games that have playback issues. I don't have time to look for that thread. It does exist, I contributed to it bringing attention to a submarine game that has the same issue as this disputed game (sea wolf) or something submarinish.

Maybe someone in that thread commented about this disputed game? Worth a look.

john

Likes datagod liked this post
  2. 11-19-2019, 12:18 AM
    I would get those two MAME analysis guys in here who are always breaking down INP's in the TGSAP thread. That one guy with the V and that other guy with the thingy who's always breaking MAME stuff down. I bet they may know a thing or two about playback issues :P
  3. 11-19-2019, 12:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    For what it's worth, there's a thread here somewhere started about 2008 or 2009-ish? that has a list of all known MAME games that have playback issues. I don't have time to look for that thread. It does exist, I contributed to it bringing attention to a submarine game that has the same issue as this disputed game (sea wolf) or something submarinish.

I've had a flashback. The game was UP SCOPE if it helps someone want to search for the thread I'm talking about?

john

Likes The Evener, datagod liked this post
  4. 11-19-2019, 05:18 AM
    I know there is a history/feud that's part of the background, I hesitated to post in this thread because of said background. I don't want this read any more than what it is - a technical review, it's not some pronouncement on character or his past contributions. I have no beef with Scott, I value his participation in recent disputes - his input added important context to the discussion.
    Likes Snowflake, datagod liked this post
  5. 11-19-2019, 11:14 PM
    Score was verified by Refs "as is"

Dispute claim can not currently be accepted.

Thank you.

Attached is relevant archived Referee discussion mentioned within the dispute claim evidence thread -

Name:  Ref-Verified.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  149.3 KB
    Thanks datagod, The Evener, Snowflake thanked this post
  6. 11-19-2019, 11:21 PM
    I have searched TG for posts like this using the internal search and advanced Google searches, but found nothing.

Are the posts you show from special internal archives, not available to the public?
    Please forward all complains to the corruption and collusion department
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock

7. 11-20-2019, 06:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    Here you see PSP saying the referee "opted to post muh score at the point of the replay glitch". This is incorrect.
    It was not unusual practice in the old TG for problem INPs that if the referee could get a playback to a consistent score before failure, then the consistent score would be posted as proven even though the entire INP could not playback.
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
  8. 11-20-2019, 06:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    I have searched TG for posts like this using the internal search and advanced Google searches, but found nothing.

Are the posts you show from special internal archives, not available to the public?
    I believe that's from what I've often referred to publicly as the "internal forum". A set of forums which only staff had access to and different levels of staff had different access (higher level, more forums).
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
  9. 11-20-2019, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    It was not unusual practice in the old TG for problem INPs that if the referee could get a playback to a consistent score before failure, then the consistent score would be posted as proven even though the entire INP could not playback.
    this is where i'm confused, because the the posts above seem to show you guys couldnt get a consistent score out of it. I understand that if it fails at a point, but can consistently be played to that point, fine that point is accepted. But is that what happened here? What am i missing?
  10. 11-20-2019, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    this is where i'm confused, because the the posts above seem to show you guys couldnt get a consistent score out of it. I understand that if it fails at a point, but can consistently be played to that point, fine that point is accepted. But is that what happened here? What am i missing?
    Only one referee needed consistency - in this case (I don't remember it explicitly) it appears Matthew was able to find that consistency, discussed with the submitter & posted the score.
    Thanks Snowflake thanked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Join us