Dispute: Craig Gallant - Arcade - Black Tiger - Points - Player: TriForce Johnson - Score: 2,634,300

Is this a valid dispute?

    This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 08-21-2017, 07:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TriForce View Post
    So what is the dispute?

    A. The score is fake and you want it removed?
    B. I didn't perform the score and you want it removed?
    C. I some how cheated to get the score and you want it removed?
    D. Somehow I performed the score but it is for Black Dragon and not Black Tiger and the title/record variation should be corrected?
    A. I have no reason to believe the score is fake.
    B. I have no reason to believe you didn't perform the aforementioned score
    C. I do not think you cheated.

    D. It appears to be that the Funspot board is probably not a Black Dragon, but a really rare boardset of Black Tiger that awards the 1,000,000 point last dragon bonus. Because the original rules do not explicitly state anything in regards to the bonus discrepancy my opinion is that they scores should be separated. What do you @TriForce & @InsertCoins think?
    Craig Rout Gallant

    Current verified TG WRs: 58

    My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/CraigARG
    MAME World Records channel: http://www.youtube.com/MAMEWorldRecords
  2. 08-21-2017, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by d3scride View Post
    A. I have no reason to believe the score is fake.
    B. I have no reason to believe you didn't perform the aforementioned score
    C. I do not think you cheated.

    D. It appears to be that the Funspot board is probably not a Black Dragon, but a really rare boardset of Black Tiger that awards the 1,000,000 point last dragon bonus. Because the original rules do not explicitly state anything in regards to the bonus discrepancy my opinion is that they scores should be separated. What do you @TriForce & @InsertCoins think?
    Thank you for answering my question.

    Let's go over the history of this record. I performed the score at Funspot live as a part of a exhibition to the arcade being introduced to Funspot. My referee was Walter Day himself. Before I was allowed to play. Gary Vincent the head tech and manager of Funspot arcade along with his assistant had to check the board and settings to make sure that it matched the rules set by Twin Galaxies of the time. I played a solid game, not really my best and thought I would end up with about 1.6 million. However I noticed that I got a bonus million. I didn't know why that happen because you are "right"; the normal Black Tiger machine doesn't do that. Only it's Japanese version, Black Dragon.

    Like the Japanese Shinobi board that has a US language settings, for a long time I thought that perhaps it was a Japanese arcade I was playing on that had the US language settings. Either way I was awarded the record. Be that as it may, in fairness and in the spirit of the competition, I will agree that perhaps the variation of the game should have a * asterisk placed on this version of the record and a new "Black Tiger (STANDARD)" variation created to give people a chance to compete on the title.

    If that is your dispute, I will be willing to sign off in agreement to your dispute.
  3. 08-21-2017, 08:19 AM
    As much as I hate multiple tracks, that might be the right answer here.

    If another track was opened for the boardset that doesn't allow the 1,000,000 bonus it would open up a larger audience to compete. The 2 boards play unique enough that different strategies are used to obtain a high score.
  4. 08-21-2017, 08:40 AM
    I think a asterik signafying that the record was done on a special board that was accepted at the time should be put in and a new standard variation should be put in so people can compete for the record is completely fair. When you look at it, Triforce isn't punished for a record he did in fact accomplish, but players are not locked out from getting shot at getting a record on the title. A new varation should be made. The question is, who will be responsible for paying the submission points to make a new varation?


    EMP Sheba Baby
    EMP Valkyrie Robyn - 2nd Dynasty
  5. 08-21-2017, 09:29 AM
    Submission points are everywhere, I'll donate to the track. This is a very good dispute. Everybody was nice, understanding, just perfect. I don't like asterisk. I'd say its simply create a new track for each of the boards and move the scores where they need to be. The performed score was all done correctly, its clearly a track and what turns out to a variation issue with ROM. Nice work everybody. I'm voting yes to this score being removed from this variation of the track. Im voting yes that this performance is good and is acceptable under a newly created track with the 1,000,000 pt bonus being allowed.
    Thanks timmell thanked this post
  6. 08-21-2017, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    Submission points are everywhere, I'll donate to the track. This is a very good dispute. Everybody was nice, understanding, just perfect. I don't like asterisk. I'd say its simply create a new track for each of the boards and move the scores where they need to be. The performed score was all done correctly, its clearly a track and what turns out to a variation issue with ROM. Nice work everybody. I'm voting yes to this score being removed from this variation of the track. Im voting yes that this performance is good and is acceptable under a newly created track with the 1,000,000 pt bonus being allowed.
    I agree, move Triforce's record to the proper variation. I'll donate points as well


    EMP Sheba Baby
    EMP Valkyrie Robyn - 2nd Dynasty
  7. 08-21-2017, 09:54 AM
    Thanks for the evidence and the suggested solution. We will discuss.

    Working as intended. Great job folks.
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  8. 08-21-2017, 12:27 PM
    Agree with everyone else, separate tracks is the way to go here as essentially you're playing a different game.
  9. 08-21-2017, 12:28 PM
    Unsure whether to vote yes or no in this situation
  10. 08-21-2017, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barra View Post
    Unsure whether to vote yes or no in this situation
    My understanding is that as it stands the score was most likely scored on a different boardset.
    The fispute system I believe needs enough yes votes to trigger action by TG otherwise it would stay open indefinitely.
    Once triggered TG will review all the evidence and act accordingly. ....in this case it seems the consensus is that a new track be created.
    If you vote no or abstain then it may not get to the trigger point for TG to take action?
    Thanks Barra thanked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Join us