Dispute: Kyle Nelson - Nintendo 64 - Mario Golf - NTSC - Maple Course1:Toad Highlands (Stroke Mode) - Player: David R Archey - Kyle Nelson

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Dispute: Kyle Nelson - Nintendo 64 - Mario Golf - NTSC - Maple Course1:Toad Highlands (Stroke Mode) - Player: David R Archey - Kyle Nelson

08-20-2017, 02:23 PM
    Nintendo 64 - Mario Golf - NTSC - Maple Course1:Toad Highlands (Stroke Mode)
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=11434
    Rules
    Factory Default; Maple Course1:Toad Highlands (Stroke Mode)
    Player Name
    David R Archey
    Original Adjudication
    N/A
    Verification Method
    Referee
    Verification Date
    2005-03-18
    Disputed Score
    2 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    thegamer1185
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    This score is simply not possible playing 18 holes. Even if you get a hole in one on every hole, that's a total of 18 strokes or -54. I believe this to be a typo, however with no evidence it's impossible to know what the real score is supposed to be.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Desidious, JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 08-20-2017, 02:30 PM
    Pretty easy yes vote from me. What likely occured as David got a -2 score (for 69 or 70 strokes depending on par 71 or 72). Since w can't assume that though best bet is to simply remove it.
    Craig Rout Gallant

Current verified TG WRs: 58

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/CraigARG
    MAME World Records channel: http://www.youtube.com/MAMEWorldRecords
  3. 08-20-2017, 02:38 PM
    Yep seems pretty clear cut to me
  4. 08-20-2017, 02:39 PM
    Yes, please remove this error.
    "Unable to scream
    Lips like keroscene"
  5. 08-20-2017, 02:51 PM
    There is a chance that he did in fact shoot a 52. There is a website dedicated to Mario Golf scores and most of them are insanely impressive. However, as I stated, unless David still has a video or photo there is no way to know for sure and it should be removed.
  6. 08-20-2017, 02:54 PM
    I should also note that since this is a score prior to TGSAP, it is very possible to "cheat" to get that low of a score. You see, Mario Golf allows you to save after every hole. Allowing you to get everything right to hit a perfect shot/series of shots to sink it from the fairway for as many tries as it takes. You simply save, restart, try again until you get it. Not discrediting this score, just making it known it's a possibility and I have to take back my photo being used as evidence.
  7. 08-21-2017, 04:42 AM
    a score of 2 is impossible and the only way would be glitching the game. Likely this should have been a +2 which is 2 over par and they entered it wrong. For a 2 that means you completed the course and won without playing 18 holes? Come on.
    Games are meant to be fun....
    Likes thegamer1185 liked this post
  8. 08-26-2017, 05:06 AM
    Most likely a typo or the value of over or under par has been used. The score is impossible and so away it goes.

Thanks everyone.
    Likes d3scride liked this post
Join us