Dispute: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

Members banned from this thread: Almighty Dreadlock

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 09-12-2019, 07:06 AM
    Just wondering...thread 3347 final paragraph...how did an f-bomb get past the TG forum censor tool ?
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes datagod liked this post
  2. 09-12-2019, 07:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinter461 View Post
    We've done more to this point with the team than what had been done in the previous two decades. It's been a lot more work, and proved a lot more difficult to track down people and info that originally anticipated. But we are trying.

You don't hear them speak ill because there's not really anything to speak on to begin with. Walter rarely if ever speaks ill of anyone, even those he should. Billy doesn't speak. His minions such as yourself, do it for him.

I've only ever really know 5 people to be obsessed with them. One wants to be the next Walter. Two wants to be the next Billy. And two just have their heads so far up their asses they can't see where one begins and one ends. You're one of the 5. I'll let you decide which one.

If I'm obsessed with anything, it's the truth. It doesn't matter who this could be about. I can't stand two things in life. Thiefs and Liars. Of the two I hate liars more. Because in essence a liar is both in many instances. A liar often times steals something that should have been somebody else's. This thread is a perfect example.

By Billy lying about his scores, he was in a movie. The movie neglected the real current World Champion. The movie should have been about Tim Sczerby and Steve Wiebe. That opportunity was stolen from Tim. Billy sets a "perfect Pac-man" score one 5+1 settings, which at that time, were NOT the TG settings for the game. The TG of that time, changed the settings from 3+1 to 5+1 and allowed Billy to self proclaim to be the Video Game Player of the Century. Again stealing something that should have went to someone else. So much for the "gentleman's agreement?" Even if another player had beaten Billy to the perfect 5+1, would TG have changed the track for THEM? If they were going to change it at all, it should have been announced on the web site, so every player had an opportunity to do it. Not just one.

So because you think these two did so much for me... I am suppose to do what? Turn a blind eye to the truth? You obviously don't know me very well. But let's document what Walter and Billy did for me ok?

Walter pushed me to go for the billion. He left his arcade open. And after I achieved the score, had a "Tim McVey Day" celebration. So Walter did that for me? Pushing a 16 year old to miss school, and stay up for days on end over a video game? Walter wasn't even present for half the game. He left and went to sleep twice while I had to stay awake. Billy was there. As were 4 other players. Who REALLY supported me? Chris Ayra. He helped me more than the other 4 people combined. He was the only one who REALLY helped me. The rest were all too busy playing their own games, going for their own high scores etc.

Now, what did I do for Walter? I brought national attention to his arcade. I had his name and his arcade in the newspapers around the world. I brought Walter and TG every bit as much, or more fame than they brought me. It was absolutely a two way street. I used Walter's arcade and Nibbler cab to become a World Champion. Walter used me to bring press coverage, foot traffic, and money into his arcade. I never saw a dime. From ANY OF IT. Including Man vs. Snake film. I don't really care honestly. It was never about that. I did the score a second time for my wife Tina. Since she wasn't around the first time. And to see if a 44 year old me could beat the 16 year old me.

What did Billy do for me? Nothing that I can honestly remember from that first billion point game. I was thrown under the shower in the back...but that was more of a group effort. Chris Ayra I vividly remember being there by my side for the majority of the game after Cris Emory killed off Joust, and Tom Gault died off on Q-Bert. Chris took care of me far more than Walter, Billy, or anyone else who remained in the arcade.

Since that day? Billy made some hot sauce bottles and posters for a Cook out at our house before one of the Walter Day Trading Card events in Fairfield. We spent hundreds of dollars on food and beverages, and the time cooking it all etc... set up a bunch of consoles and TVs in the garage, and opened up our house to complete strangers...and invited anyone coming to the even into our home for food, beverages, and games... Billy's hot sauce bottles and posters were a nice gesture. But they are what they are, self poromotion for Billy. They were given away to people that were there. They weren't really for us. But it was nice of him.

Most of the stuff you seem to think was done for ME, was done for themselves in self promotion. That's never changed from Day 1. Walter made the gamers famous? Don't you think the gamers made Walter famous as well? Walter & Billy are one of the greatest self promotion teams I've ever seen. I'd argue that Patrick Scott Patterson made a lot more gamers famous. His articles that went mainstream during his time with TG made a lot of gamers famous. His sole focus wasn't on pushing Billy and putting him on a pedestal as Walter had always done. That's one of the reasons he gets so much **** today. Nobody else is able to write like he did, and get the articles to take off with the mainstream.

As for talking ****... Just because YOU don't agree with it, doesn't mean it's ****. I'm sorry I'm NOT an ass kisser. I'm not a bandwagon guy. I'm not a follower. I'm not going to keep quiet when I see shady **** taking place.

I apologize for for this post in this dispute thread. This needs needs some moderation. If people could keep from talking **** about me, The U.S. National Video Game Team, Patrick Scott Patterson, Catherine DeSpira or anything else unrelated to the dispute, I'd have no reason to respond. But people like Datgod and Hector Telloc, Johnny De Alba, or whatever other fucking name he goes by today...are the reason I usually avoid coming here. I don't care to waste my time on these **** stirring trash talkers who wouldn't know a fact, or the truth if it walked up and ***** slapped them in the face multiple times.
    To be honest Tim I never had a problem with you and always liked you. Even though our politics don't agree we have the same sense of humor. In another world we would have been friends but sadly not in this one. My only issue was I never understood why you turned your back on your legacy, but you cleared it up for me. Thank you.

I apologise for my last post, and I respect your participation here while the others who been vocal won't get involved. Takes alot of guts to get involved in this cespool of a topic.

I'm not on any team anymore. I don't have any issues with Scott and have alot of respect for the fact he's distanced himself from all this bullshit. I do hope he is successful with his new endeavour and hope you guys do finally get rolling with getting the history of the USNVGT up. I just hope it isn't biased but I am aware from Jeff Peters there is some great stuff he provided and others that needs to go live. Sadly no one else will do it, so even though I have my reservations about Scott or you handling it, it's better than all of that history getting deleted or trashed.

I have my own focus these days, I'm no longer defending Walter and Billy, they can do that on their own as they are attempting, and finally getting their hands dirty.
  3. 09-12-2019, 08:23 AM
    I do so hope that "Team Billy" including Billy MItchell himself is reading this.

In his "Evidence Package" he states that I bore "hatred" against Steve Wiebe.

While I was never thrilled with Steve's not following submission rules...specifically with having 27 credits in the machine at the start of his VHS submission of 985K, after discovery that a DDK boardset was used for the earlier 947K submission, and finally after watching his 1.049M performance and how he stopped recording after inserting the boardset and then resumed with the game turned on and with a credit already inserted, and finally how at the end of his game he positioned the camera at the top left quadrant while he went around to the back of the machine for 20-25 seconds and THEN picked up the camera to show the opened back of the game...I never expressed "hatred" for Steve.

And again while I was not at all thrilled at how his wife made claims in KoK that the two visiting gamers were not given permission to come in to the garage even though Steve himself knew that they were expected AND as I understand it a relative of Wieve gave them permission to enter, I still did not express "hatred" towards Steve.

Steve was greeted by me at ACAM in 2005 with a handshake. I crafted a near-40 page article celebrating both his and Bill's 1M+ achievements on DK which unfortunately was never published, AND I also publicly offered on the old Funspot forum to fly out to Steve with a TG approved DK boardset, all at my own expense, to watch Steve play and to accept any score that he achieved in my presence PLUS that he could keep the boardset afterwards...an offer that Steve never took me up on as he claimed he never saw it but the point here is, are these the actions of someone bearing "hatred" ? I think not.

Therefore in the "Evidence Package" prepared by "Team Billy"...assumed to have been done with Bill Mitchell's approval, the usage of the term "Hatred" is in my eyes a libelous statement.

As defined in Cornell Law below, this definitely is a libelous statement being made by "Team Billy" and Billy Mitchell himself. Mr Mitchell has now opened himself up to the possibility of a libel suit and I am seriously considering launching one at Bill Mitchell.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/libel - Libel is a method of defamation expressed by print, writing, pictures, signs, effigies, or any communication embodied in physical form that is injurious to a person's reputation, exposes a person to public hatred, contempt or ridicule, or injures a person in his/her business or profession.
    Thanks Rev John thanked this post
    Likes ersatz_cats, Muerto liked this post
  4. 09-12-2019, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinter461 View Post
    By Billy lying about his scores, he was in a movie. The movie neglected the real current World Champion. The movie should have been about Tim Sczerby and Steve Wiebe. That opportunity was stolen from Tim.
    I'll let you in on a secret. Tim was not invited to the movie because he is rude and unstable. The best villains in a movie have charisma. There are so many Donkey Kong fanatics that think if they can beat the world record they too will get fame and riches. The reality is you need charisma and inertial to make things happen. Billy didn't just play video games. He promoted himself. Promotion works, that's why people do it.

Name:  Tims Cash.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  75.8 KB
    Help me beat Snowflake at the "Like Game"
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock

5. 09-12-2019, 09:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    I'll let you in on a secret. Tim was not invited to the movie because he is rude and unstable. The best villains in a movie have charisma. There are so many Donkey Kong fanatics that think if they can beat the world record they too will get fame and riches. The reality is you need charisma and inertial to make things happen. Billy didn't just play video games. He promoted himself. Promotion works, that's why people do it.

Name:  Tims Cash.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  75.8 KB
    oh that reminds me "walters" signed statement under penatly of perjury indicated they acted for that movie, i wonder if the movie will have a statement about that. Thats part of what rtm was rebutting. Walter entered the score allegedly -- but just acting for the movie. but it was only meant to be temporary, until rtm allegedly entered it for real.

so we know walter and billy have always cast doubt on kok's accuracy and honestly, did a good job of doing so. plenty in the movie doesnt add up. however, this is the first i heard walter admit to being in on it and purposely acting for the movie.
    If you have enjoyed this comment please consider clicking the "like" button
  6. 09-12-2019, 09:04 AM
    a thought occurs, and maybe its already too late. But should we be tearing apart their false statements for them? As is, if we say nothing, and they go to caught with this perjury it'll be really bad for them and an easily won case for guiness and tg. however, if we go informing them of all their lies and how easy it is to prove their lies all we do is teach them how to refine their lies better come the court case.

It might be too late, cats already outta the bag. But I'm thinking we might not want to let them know where else they've perjured themselves.
    If you have enjoyed this comment please consider clicking the "like" button
    Likes Fly liked this post
  7. 09-12-2019, 09:30 AM
    Here is the quickest and painless way to sum up over 336 pages of an ALREADY full transparent, full scientific evidence, and full proven dispute that will NEVA EVA die!

At least another hefty bag of popcorn is on the way to be delivered to me!
    Thanks timhett thanked this post
    Likes ersatz_cats, timhett liked this post
  8. 09-12-2019, 09:58 AM

This is my statement to Community for the Dispute and on the event of the signed statement from the evidence file. I know it went long but I didn't want to miss anything.

CP
  9. 09-12-2019, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cashe18 View Post

This is my statement to Community for the Dispute and on the event of the signed statement from the evidence file. I know it went long but I didn't want to miss anything.

CP
    Thank you for adding to your account on the matter, Carlos!

One clarifying question, since comments are disabled on the video itself. You suggested you were using the same VCR Jace used, to go frame-by-frame. I assume you mean the same (or similar) model of VCR, and not literally the exact same VCR given to you by Jace, is that correct?
  10. 09-12-2019, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ersatz_cats View Post
    Thank you for adding to your account on the matter, Carlos!

One clarifying question, since comments are disabled on the video itself. You suggested you were using the same VCR Jace used, to go frame-by-frame. I assume you mean the same (or similar) model of VCR, and not literally the exact same VCR given to you by Jace, is that correct?
    Twin Galaxies did not provide Carlos with a VCR. I did not personally provide Carlos with a VCR either.
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
    Likes ersatz_cats liked this post
Page 336 of 378 FirstFirst ... 236 286 326 334 335 336 337 338 346 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 3771
Page 336 of 378 FirstFirst ... 236 286 326 334 335 336 337 338 346 ... LastLast
Join us