Dispute: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

Members banned from this thread: Almighty Dreadlock

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 09-10-2019, 09:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinter461 View Post
    So there is a document in the PDF file that I have already been told was removed. It was dated 9/8/19 and I've talked to the individual, and he never signed it. It's a forgery. Which is why it's already been removed. I'll see what info I can provide here as proof shortly. As this conversation was private, I don't feel it's appropriate to share screen shots without permission. I'm awaiting that permission.

Definitely some shenanigans taking place here.
    Upon further discussions, I've now been told that he DID sign the document...but with the caveat that what was signed was NOT to be the final form. It was supposed to have been edited. I did NOT get details on what exactly or why the edits were to be done.

I've urged to come here and post his version of events. Upon his initial reaction when I questioned him about it, I was completely under the impression he did NOT sign that document. So we are clearly crossing into he said/she said territory here...and that's partly my fault, for which I apologize.

I would edit/ammend my original post to reflect the information I now know, as it's been presented to me...but the nature of these forums, that's is not an option. And that is OK. So this is my "edit" so to speak.

There's still some definite shenanigans taking place here. Looking thru Billy's Evidence post... I hope the legal representation had the foresight to have notarized copies of all the signed statements... otherwise that looks like one long ass waste of time and space.

Unless I have something factual to add, I am out. Sorry to add to the confusion.
    Buy the Ticket... Take the Ride...

Thanks Rev John thanked this post
  2. 09-10-2019, 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinter461 View Post
    Upon further discussions, I've now been told that he DID sign the document...but with the caveat that what was signed was NOT to be the final form. It was supposed to have been edited. I did NOT get details on what exactly or why the edits were to be done.

I've urged to come here and post his version of events. Upon his initial reaction when I questioned him about it, I was completely under the impression he did NOT sign that document. So we are clearly crossing into he said/she said territory here...and that's partly my fault, for which I apologize.

I would edit/ammend my original post to reflect the information I now know, as it's been presented to me...but the nature of these forums, that's is not an option. And that is OK. So this is my "edit" so to speak.

There's still some definite shenanigans taking place here. Looking thru Billy's Evidence post... I hope the legal representation had the foresight to have notarized copies of all the signed statements... otherwise that looks like one long ass waste of time and space.

Unless I have something factual to add, I am out. Sorry to add to the confusion.
    I was told the same, and I agree with this post. I retract my previous statement.
    Donkey Kong: 1,116,400
    Likes sprinter461 liked this post
  3. 09-10-2019, 10:39 AM
    Regarding the declaration from Carlos Pineiro, I think it's important that he take the opportunity to clarify his words for the record. Given the nature of the proposed legal action, and his decision to attach his name upon this action, I think it's incumbent upon him to do so.

In his declaration, he states "I have been presented with Billy Mitchell's evidence. After seeing the evidence, I retract my conclusions from the dispute case. Billy Mitchell did not cheat."

What conclusions is he retracting? My recollection is that Pineiro never asserted or claimed to TG that "Billy Mitchell cheated." He conducted an investigation using the same equipment that Robert Child used to record Mitchell's direct feed video, including the original PCB that Mitchell claimed was used in the event. Pineiro was not able to replicate MAME artifacts during his tests, and shared this result with TG.

What evidence in Mitchell's package prompted Pineiro to retract the conclusions of his technical investigation? The package overwhelming consists of declarations - it does not contain any information from a technical investigation that confirms it is possible for MAME artifacts to appear in a direct video capture of a DK PCB.
  4. 09-10-2019, 11:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post
    Regarding the declaration from Carlos Pineiro, I think it's important that he take the opportunity to clarify his words for the record. Given the nature of the proposed legal action, and his decision to attach his name upon this action, I think it's incumbent upon him to do so.

In his declaration, he states "I have been presented with Billy Mitchell's evidence. After seeing the evidence, I retract my conclusions from the dispute case. Billy Mitchell did not cheat."

What conclusions is he retracting? My recollection is that Pineiro never asserted or claimed to TG that "Billy Mitchell cheated." He conducted an investigation using the same equipment that Robert Child used to record Mitchell's direct feed video, including the original PCB that Mitchell claimed was used in the event. Pineiro was not able to replicate MAME artifacts during his tests, and shared this result with TG.

What evidence in Mitchell's package prompted Pineiro to retract the conclusions of his technical investigation? The package overwhelming consists of declarations - it does not contain any information from a technical investigation that confirms it is possible for MAME artifacts to appear in a direct video capture of a DK PCB.
    We had a number of one on one conversations last year while this was a live dispute. He told me the only conclusion he could reach with the evidence presented was that Billy cheated. He seemed pretty disappointed to not be the one to disprove the cheating. I think he really wanted to believe Billy, and be the guy that proved what he had been told to be true.

When I saw the evidence and saw his statement, I immediately contacted him today to say, what the heck man? What changed. He said nothing. So I mentioned the signed form. And he freaked. I saw some statements in other places mentioning his signature was not his, that he had not signed that. While he never outright said I did NOT sign it, he absolutely never said he did as either.

I screen captured our entire conversation. I've been asked to share it here.

My preference is Carlos come here, and present his story himself. In his own words. So there's no more misunderstanding. I thought that was going to happen. Then I was told something "off the record" and have gotten nothing but radio silence since. I'm disappointed that I interjected myself into a situation that I did not need to be a part of. I did so with the thought/intention that I was defending someone I thought of as my friend, that person being Carlos. Turns out my bad.

Seems to be a number of lawyering scares of sorts running their course today...It's pretty sad that it's devolved to this.

I'll go "on the record" and state that, unless the BM camp can present some compelling evidence that they couldn't be bothered to produce/replicate/explain during the live dispute, it makes absolutely no sense to me that over a year and a half later now they get lawyers to try to legally force something that could not have been proven technically? They had their chance. MORE THAN THEIR CHANCE... and even then they tried legal scare tactics with a certain late paralegal...

Seems like this is Regular Show 2.0

Thanks The Evener, Ragequit, Rev John thanked this post
  5. 09-10-2019, 11:59 AM
    Received these unsolicited images described as relevant evidence to be placed in the public dispute claim record for full transparency, disclosure and consideration. Posted with permission from sender Steven Kleisath who took these screenshots had the conversation with this person.

Images are in order received:

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  148.4 KB
    Name:  002.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  126.4 KB
    Name:  003.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  122.0 KB
    Name:  004.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  149.5 KB
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
  6. 09-10-2019, 12:07 PM
    Sweet.

Maybe TG will also reopen the Pac Man dispute, so we can proceed with dismantling that pathetic little fiction, "first 'perfect' Pac Man".
    Thanks Ragequit thanked this post
  7. 09-10-2019, 12:12 PM
    Received these unsolicited images described as relevant evidence to be placed in the public dispute claim record for full transparency, disclosure and consideration. Posted with permission from sender Tim McVey who took these screenshots and had the conversation with this person.

Images are in order received:
    Name:  001.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  51.7 KB
    Name:  002.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  55.3 KB
    Name:  003.png
Size:  164.1 KB
    Name:  004.png
Size:  223.1 KB
    Name:  005.png
Views: 232
Size:  219.6 KB
    Name:  006.png
Size:  205.1 KB
    Name:  007.png
Size:  217.8 KB
    Name:  008.png
Views: 234
Size:  173.5 KB
    Name:  009.png
Views: 231
Size:  225.9 KB
    Name:  010.png
Views: 234
Size:  198.3 KB
    Name:  011.png
Views: 233
Size:  236.6 KB
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
    Thanks Blackflag82, ersatz_cats, Muerto, Rev John thanked this post
    Likes ersatz_cats, Muerto liked this post
  8. 09-10-2019, 12:42 PM
    Name:  Tapes.jpg
Size:  154.9 KB

Have all the tapes been recovered from that former referee in Texas? Joel West told me that the former referee sent him a box of tapes and DVD's. Sadly thousands of others were "destroyed by the texas heat" as they were irresponsibly stored in non-climate controlled environment.
    Been playing games since 1975
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock

9. 09-10-2019, 12:58 PM
    On the issue of verifying claims cited in the evidence package, would it be possible to reach out to the crew behind "The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters" to assess the claims contained therein and referenced in Mitchell's own declaration? For example,

1) Did the film production team knowingly engage in a conspiracy with Walter Day to falsely depict events in the film concerning the validation of Mitchell's 1.047m score; namely, that Mitchell shared his 1.047 tape for "entertainment purposes only" and had his score "verified" and entered on the TG scoreboard against his will, thereby creating a false narrative of Mitchell as the new WR holder?
    2) Was Wiebe in fact the actual and true WR holder following his live Funspot performance depicted in the film, a fact that was deliberately withheld from Wiebe by the production team and Walter Day?

And at the same time, could you query the crew if they still retain unedited footage from the film playback of Mitchell's 1.047 score at Funspot? The DVD companion has a feature that shows gameplay with Mitchell and Wiebe side-by-side; access to the full footage used by the crew before editing, including the presence of screen transitions.
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  10. 09-10-2019, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    Name:  Tapes.jpg
Size:  154.9 KB

Have all the tapes been recovered from that former referee in Texas? Joel West told me that the former referee sent him a box of tapes and DVD's. Sadly thousands of others were "destroyed by the texas heat" as they were irresponsibly stored in non-climate controlled environment.

Name:  bob.png
Views: 229
Size:  170.0 KB

Seriously... let it go. smh

Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes Barra, datagod liked this post
Page 327 of 377 FirstFirst ... 227 277 317 325 326 327 328 329 337 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 3770
Page 327 of 377 FirstFirst ... 227 277 317 325 326 327 328 329 337 ... LastLast
Join us