Dispute: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 09-10-2019, 05:09 PM
    I finally got to actually look at the evidence, and even though everyone is laughing, from a legal aspect Billy's lawyer really seems like he has his ducks in a row. Yeah there is alot of things that look a little sloppy here and there, but their is no reason why they can't deny the tapes were theirs, or forgeries, and even though the whole forge thing is a bit much, a jury doesn't know the history behind all of this, Dwayne's going to look like a demented obsessed weirdo who was out to get Billy, and there is alot of that going on in the CAG.

I knew KoK was just for entertainment purposes, and I made that argument. But....Now that I am no longer on that side of the fence. I want to know what of the Mike Sroka videos? Billy is standing there with visible game play, didn't everyone in this forum conclude those were Mame as well? Do they ever address this? I'm reading through this evidence package but I haven't seen it addressed.
  2. 09-10-2019, 05:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HectorTelloc View Post
    I finally got to actually look at the evidence, and even though everyone is laughing, from a legal aspect Billy's lawyer really seems like he has his ducks in a row. Yeah there is alot of things that look a little sloppy here and there, but their is no reason why they can't deny the tapes were theirs, or forgeries, and even though the whole forge thing is a bit much, a jury doesn't know the history behind all of this, Dwayne's going to look like a demented obsessed weirdo who was out to get Billy, and there is alot of that going on in the CAG.

I knew KoK was just for entertainment purposes, and I made that argument. But....Now that I am no longer on that side of the fence. I want to know what of the Mike Sroka videos? Billy is standing there with visible game play, didn't everyone in this forum conclude those were Mame as well? Do they ever address this? I'm reading through this evidence package but I haven't seen it addressed.
    There really are no ducks to put in a row though. From a legal standpoint, was one of the scores played on MAME? If yes, then that's all that actually matters, since removing the scores is a policy of cheating. Everything else is just smoke and mirrors.

Billy's camp has never addressed this because the best they can come up with is David race (not and expert by the way) saying his findings are inconclusive, while Carlos says the footage was Mame.

The whole.evidence package is trying to divert attention away from the simple fact: Mame was used.
    Likes thegamer1185, Barra liked this post
  3. 09-10-2019, 05:21 PM
    If it comes to some sort of court proceedings, a jury or a judge would be required to assess the credibility of the participants and the various competing claims, including the argument that Dwayne apparently seeded doctored videos across the Internet and smuggled them into the hands of former TG referees years earlier and then waited patiently for someone like Jeremy Young to discover MAME artifacts.
  4. 09-10-2019, 05:29 PM
    Responded to a question in a different thread. Placing here with enhancement for transparency.

The claims about me somehow "refusing" to let Billy submit evidence of any kind are patently false. Thinking about that notion now, I'm not even sure that such a refusal could even be possible to accomplish while maintaining a publicly viewable dispute thread that any registered user can add to at any time.

So far I've noticed that throughout the evidence package that is presented, there seems to be a basic and false underlying supposition that I was a person with an agenda against Billy making a dispute claim for some reason and therefore trying to support my personal claim against the score. This makes no sense at all and is completely untrue.

I made no claim against the score. Twin Galaxies made no claim against the score. Jeremy Young made the claim. Eventually, Twin Galaxies then had an obligation to thoroughly review the assertions that Jeremy was making to determine if his claim had validity or not.

It is important to understand the difference between a person that makes a claim and an entity that has to verify the veracity of the claim being made. They are not the same things.

I personally had and have zero reason or motivation to prevent or discourage anyone from placing evidence in any dispute thread. The more information Twin Galaxies can get, the more comprehensive the evaluation can be. Mr. Mitchell was specifically encouraged (although not obligated) to participate in the dispute thread and provide whatever information he wanted to. This is a fact - and is likely one of the reasons why Joel West reached out on Billy's behalf, specifically asking Twin Galaxies to not make any final determination before Billy and his team (Carlos and etc.) could respond and provide information - and of course Twin Galaxies absolutely waited for that and anything else they wanted to provide.

Fair consideration was always and absolutely given.

Please see Joel West's text messages to me for yourself:

Name:  001.jpeg
Views: 756
Size:  141.9 KB
    Name:  002.jpeg
Views: 731
Size:  111.7 KB

5. 09-10-2019, 05:39 PM
    The problem is if a jury decides those tapes are not legitimate then the whole mame thing goes out the window. Only two things tie Billy to those tapes, KoK (which according to them was for entertainment purposes) and Sroka's video.

TG does not have the original tapes if I recall, and their argument among the many others is those aren't his game play, or it's been tampered with. A jury is going to decide if that's true, and besides what we know, we really don't have any real proof those are his tapes, you and I know those are his tapes, but can we prove it?
  6. 09-10-2019, 05:42 PM
    Wild Joel West....not even death can stop him from commenting on the drama. He was a really good friend. I really miss him. RIP brother.
  7. 09-10-2019, 05:43 PM
    Well, that was a pretty interesting read. I didnt see one bit of hard evidence actually proving any of the evidence against Billy was inaccurate. No wait, they did. The last 2 pages suggest Nintendo's boards could have a third finger girder, they have seen this but we all missed it apparently. And hand held cameras apparently with their missing frame rates are actually in fact capturing frames that aren't supposed to be there. No way this is a legal document of evidence package. No way in hell would a lawyer ever give out this much evidence of their case. It's a load of crap people. Don't even bother, I can't get back my last hour or so but I can save you yours.

Seriously, this is their evidence? I would also like to add why would Billy ever make ANY recording of any of his runs? I don't understand why there are copies of his runs out there if he NEVER submitted by tape. Just by a ref at a live performance. By ref I meant to say a friend from his circle.
    Thanks sprinter461 thanked this post
    Likes ersatz_cats, Barra, sprinter461, Rev John liked this post
  8. 09-10-2019, 05:47 PM
    I honestly feel Billy's side can deny any of those tapes are his including in Sroka's video, from Murzeks video, KoK were not his score performances, and from a legal standpoint that could de-legitimize this whole dispute and win him defamation damages. Only two people can claim to having Billy's true performance, TG or Billy himself, unless someone is willing to swear an oath that the tape they possess is his official submission. Sroka can't say that was his official performance for certain, even though we know it is. Mruzek might be credible if in the video containing him, that was indeed Billy's performance, and he verified it.
  9. 09-10-2019, 05:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HectorTelloc View Post
    The problem is if a jury decides those tapes are not legitimate then the whole mame thing goes out the window. Only two things tie Billy to those tapes, KoK (which according to them was for entertainment purposes) and Sroka's video.

TG does not have the original tapes if I recall, and their argument among the many others is those aren't his game play, or it's been tampered with. A jury is going to decide if that's true, and besides what we know, we really don't have any real proof those are his tapes, you and I know those are his tapes, but can we prove it?
    So you are saying that Billy Mitchell is such a genius mastermind, he purposely, at his own showing of his own records, used the wrong tape to help prove several years later that the tapes he used aren't in fact god his own performance? And you think a jury is going to believe that?
  10. 09-10-2019, 05:50 PM
    Under "Section 3: 1,062,800 Witness Statements" (page 36) a number of people make reference to the presence of Pete Bouvier at Boomer's arcade, who was the owner of Twin Galaxies at the time. This statement seems innocent enough, except for the fact that Mitchell asserted for the first time in interviews last year that Bouvier personally witnessed the final moments of his world record game, and was on hand to congratulate Mitchell in the aftermath of the game. Previously, Mitchell claimed that Bouvier was, in fact, not present for the world record moment. The revelation of Bouvier's appearance and presence at the "big moment" followed with TG's decision to ban Todd Rogers, who was the referee that had "live verified" the score.

But first, the statements.

Matt Furgal (page 39) states he was "introduced to Twin Galaxies personnel, one of which was an older gentleman introduced as the owner."

Jack Becker (page 41) stated he was "introduced to Twin Galaxies ownership and staff" during the event.

Robert Childs (page 43) states Pete Bouvier was present at the conclusion of the game.

In previous interviews, Mitchell indicated that Pete Bouvier was present at the moment he achieved the DK high score.

Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    I transcribed most of the interview with Billy Mitchell. Apologies for errors.

Billy: (desribes a lot of people in attendance) Nobody hit the score you wanted on the first attempt. The arcade was 5 miles away from Pete Bouvier's house. It was his introductory to Boomer's Arcade. I was playing, I am locked on the screen. The game is being recorded. Behind me 9 feet on a tripod is a camera getting a wide room coverage. When I had the good fortune to get the score, and I turned around. People who shook my hand and saw me get the score, Pete Bouvier was one of them. We went above and beyond what was required to make sure we recorded what happened. Then we went to get something to eat. I was antagonized that I should play now. I played again and again. I then played DK Junior. When I finished the score, Pete was NOT there. However, there is the game play, the room shot in the back, and the fact of the matter is everybody is looking at the film, and everybody is questioning whether it was arcade, or was it MAME.
    However, in his statement (page 45), he amends his recollection, indicating that while Pete Bouvier was present during the weekend, "I do not remember all the present parties at the moment I achieved the score." The statement is complete as it begins to mention Todd Rogers but ends abruptly. Perhaps the submitters will amend this statement to clarify that Bouvier was indeed present at the moment Mitchell achieved the high score.

Therefore, three of the statements in the evidence package are ambiguous about the timing of meeting Bouvier; only Childs is explicit that Bouvier was present at the end of the game.

The assertion that Bouvier personally witnessed Mitchell's DK high score was always problematic since Mitchell asserted the very next week after his WR achievement that Bouvier wasn't there to see it. This evidence was reviewed on page 54, but I include it here for ease of cross-reference:

In 2010, Mitchell 2010 said Pete Bouvier was not in attendance for the DK record.

Mitchell said, after achieving the DK high score: "Another person we're hoping to say hi to is Pete - Pete from Twin Galaxies, he's on his way here." The video that contains this statement is entitled "Billy Mitchell speaks (July 2010) moments after breaking Donkey Kong record"

After the DK record, Mitchell said: "There was a lot of hugs and kisses and hooting and hollering, and from Twin Galaxies, Pete, was on the phone, and Pete was on his way over - so I thought this will be great I'll introduce him to the manager and I really wanted Twin Galaxies to have a strong foothold in south Florida with a place that is really friendly and cooperative just like other places like Funspot. So Pete was on his way there, and I turned and I said to the two Twin Galaxies people there, I said one more thing I got to take care of, and I started a game of Donkey Kong Junior. And I thought it was neat because I think it would have been the first time Pete would have seen a world record, am I right?…so I played and I guess I was about three quarters of the way through before I said 'Where's Pete?' then Todd said 'oh, he's not going to be able to make it' - so that's the story about Pete."

Thanks ersatz_cats, Rev John thanked this post
    Likes ersatz_cats, Rev John liked this post
Page 329 of 378 FirstFirst ... 229 279 319 327 328 329 330 331 339 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 3774
Page 329 of 378 FirstFirst ... 229 279 319 327 328 329 330 331 339 ... LastLast
Join us