Dispute: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

Members banned from this thread: Almighty Dreadlock

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 09-25-2019, 12:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FBX View Post
    The above is important because years after Todd's records were exposed, he was allowed to referee verify Billy's 1.06 million score. By that point, Todd should never been allowed anywhere near a referee uniform. What was Walter thinking?
    correct me if I’m wrong but this snore was voted on by refs. Todd was a witness but not the ref in the traditional sense
  2. 09-25-2019, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    correct me if I’m wrong but this snore was voted on by refs. Todd was a witness but not the ref in the traditional sense
    No, I believe Todd was in fact the "traditional ref" that verified the score along with his I guess "girlfriend" acting as a 2nd witness. TG voting on the validity of the score after the fact would be a separate part of the story. I recall Robert pointing out that technically Todd wasn't even qualified to verify the score, but it was allowed anyway.
    Likes ersatz_cats, Robert.F liked this post
  3. 09-25-2019, 12:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post

The official verification method for the Boomers score was "referee", with the "referees" being Todd Rogers and his girlfriend Morningdove Mahoney. The tapes (the game play seen at Big Bang and other corroboration) were produced, and according to the story, they were offered to TG staff, but the game tape was not the basis of its verification. It would seem the vote was more along the lines of "This all seems pretty sketchy, are we really going to accept this?"

Josh Houslander has a signed statement in the Billy evidence packet (page 42 of the original version), where he describes it like this:

Name:  60 - Josh Houslander statement.png
Views: 248
Size:  74.3 KB

Note that every other account of these events portray the acceptance of the 1.062m score as a much more contentious matter than Houslander suggests it was.

Also, incidentally, note how Houslander simply attributes the last possession of the tapes to "Twin Galaxies staff" and not any person, as if the tapes which would totally exonerate Billy just disappeared into the TG aether as they seem to do every time. Such a shame that Billy never kept backup copies of any of these important tapes that prove his innocence. (Well, except for the extra copy of 1.047m, of course, which he used to submit the score months later and which proved that game was always MAME and wasn't altered by Dwayne later on. That one he had an extra copy of, but not any of these other ones.)
    Thanks Snowflake thanked this post
    Likes FBX liked this post
  4. 09-25-2019, 01:23 PM
    "TG personnel were present during the actual event..."

Yeah Todd Rogers and his girlfriend. The key points being Todd had already been exposed as untrustworthy on his own records, having been busted by my brother for entering in his own scores (conflict of interest), and NOT qualified to verify an arcade DK record as explained by Robert. Again I have to ask, what was Walter and/or TG thinking allowing Todd to verify a record he wasn't even qualified to?

The answer to that is Todd was part of the "good 'ol boys" along with Billy, and no amount of exposing his bogus records was going to get in the way of them getting preferential treatment.
    Likes ersatz_cats, vtlmks liked this post
  5. 09-25-2019, 01:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post
    Does anyone recall attending CGEUK 2005 and the context of the playback cited at the time? It would be interesting if there was any extended video of the playback, although any existing footage is probably found on camcorder tape.
    Following-up on The Evener's great research on CGEUK 2005, I just tried doing some additional searches and found this post at https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.ph...omment=2250285 on the rllmukforum for Retro Gaming in the thread for CGE UK 05 at https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.ph...568-cge-uk-05/ where (one of?) the forum moderator(s?) named robert hazelby (who is very active on that forum, as his profile shows he logged in ~6 hours ago on my last check) posted in the above linked thread that he has (I quote):

If you want to see the rest of the photos click on:

http://www.jabba.demon.co.uk/retroranch/cge2005/

A 2-disc DVD pack of the footage will be available soon!
    That quote from robert hazelby is in reference to the CGEUK 2005 event, the jabba.demon.co.uk website appears to be dead/no longer his. I was thinking it could be possible he still has the "2-disc DVD pack" that could potentially prove relevant/useful video documentation The Evener was mentioning in his post? Someone should try to engage him.

FYI: I found the info via the following Google search:

Code:
    intitle:CGE 05 billy mitchell
    Thanks ersatz_cats, The Evener thanked this post
    Likes ersatz_cats, The Evener liked this post
  6. 09-25-2019, 09:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FBX View Post
    I recall Robert pointing out that technically Todd wasn't even qualified to verify the score, but it was allowed anyway

RTM REPLY - I am fairly sure I would not have said that, at least not the way that you think.

Todd was still, after I left TG, a person of "senior referee" status or higher. The problem that comes into play is whether in 2007 shortly after I left TG that the NEW referee guideline handbook instituted by Pete Bouvier effectively granted him new authorities and privileges...same for if his title changed under that administration.

What I was not at all thrilled to hear was that SOMEBODY at TG thought it was a grand idea to give Morningdove Mahoney a "referee-at-large" status or some other status. Shortly after that happened the two of them routinely would attend events representing TG and, under Bouvier as I found out, would collect at times (more than a few times, so I heard) some form of attendance fee or honorarium from either TG itself or from event organizers, however that worked out. Patterson may know more of this than I as this was during his administration period and he was granted some "regional director" status at the time.

Bottom line is Todd verified some of Morningdive's scores and vice-vera which I always commented was a terrible idea much as Kelly Flewin was verifying his GF's scores during the events of ACAM 2007...my first event attended post-2006 while I was no longer part of TG.
    Likes MaOfDe, ersatz_cats, Rev John liked this post
  7. 09-25-2019, 10:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    RTM REPLY Patterson may know more of this than I as this was during his administration period and he was granted some "regional director" status at the time.

Bottom line is Todd verified some of Morningdive's scores and vice-vera which I always commented was a terrible idea much as Kelly Flewin was verifying his GF's scores during the events of ACAM 2007...my first event attended post-2006 while I was no longer part of TG.
    Speaking of Patterson, his wife was also granted referee status. Referees submitting scores while having roommates or spouses adjudicating is like giving inmates the keys to the prison. Talk about corruption and collusion.
    Please forward all complains to the corruption and collusion department
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock

Thanks Robert.F thanked this post
    Likes RTM, vtlmks, Snowflake, Robert.F liked this post
  8. 09-26-2019, 02:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    RTM REPLY - I am fairly sure I would not have said that, at least not the way that you think.

Todd was still, after I left TG, a person of "senior referee" status or higher. The problem that comes into play is whether in 2007 shortly after I left TG that the NEW referee guideline handbook instituted by Pete Bouvier effectively granted him new authorities and privileges...same for if his title changed under that administration.

What I was not at all thrilled to hear was that SOMEBODY at TG thought it was a grand idea to give Morningdove Mahoney a "referee-at-large" status or some other status. Shortly after that happened the two of them routinely would attend events representing TG and, under Bouvier as I found out, would collect at times (more than a few times, so I heard) some form of attendance fee or honorarium from either TG itself or from event organizers, however that worked out. Patterson may know more of this than I as this was during his administration period and he was granted some "regional director" status at the time.

Okay I understand now. I had thought you said earlier that DK required senior referee status and that Todd didn't qualify as one. The main point being he should never have been allowed to verify his friends' records, whether it be Billy or Morningdove. It's a pretty severe conflict of interest, not to mention the fact this took place roughly 5 years after he was caught with bogus records AND entering in his own bogus records with going through any verification process.
  9. 09-26-2019, 02:17 AM
    *without going through any verification process.
  10. 09-26-2019, 04:56 AM
    Here's a timeline note: Todd Rogers has been Deputy Chief Referee - https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...-N-Jersey-Flor . At some point after then Todd relinquished referee duties but was still brought into occasional events and deputised as a referee for the event.
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
Page 375 of 378 FirstFirst ... 275 325 365 373 374 375 376 377 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 3771
Page 375 of 378 FirstFirst ... 275 325 365 373 374 375 376 377 ... LastLast
Join us