Thread

Dispute: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
    This poll is closed
Page 58 of 326 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast
  1. 02-06-2018, 09:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FBX View Post
    It's starting to make my head spin how many different disputes of footage and witnesses and hearsay there is. We need someone obsessive to make a timeline flowchart with each pertinent 'event' that includes the disputes and who was caught lying or changing their story.

I mean as far as I've seen, the side-by-side photos are a slam-dunk. I keep thinking the line Bill Paxton gave in Aliens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZmL1sck6LE
    So glad you didn't use "Game over man! Game over!" Still so good, but over used. I always laugh when he says "Maybe you should put her in charge." Referring to Newt surviving on her own. Or sometimes, it could work if you really wanted to be blunt "How do I get out of this chicken fit outfit?"
  2. 02-06-2018, 09:53 PM
    Adding another set of photos to provide a second point of comparison from the KoK movie (top) and "leaked" video (bottom). Both at 998,400 points.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1960.JPG 
Views:	355 
Size:	132.3 KB 
ID:	49719
  3. 02-06-2018, 09:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    So glad you didn't use "Game over man! Game over!" Still so good, but over used. I always laugh when he says "Maybe you should put her in charge." Referring to Newt surviving on her own. Or sometimes, it could work if you really wanted to be blunt "How do I get out of this chicken fit outfit?"
    And auto correct ruins yet another posts. Either way, about the dispute. I was afraid that interview was going to play out 1 of 3 ways. It was either all Billy's favor (hugely it turns out), all against him, or actually some good interviewing would happen. He did address why the dispute was occurring because of the MAME/Arcade differences. His lack luster attitude toward the whole thing was kind of disappointing. OK, I get it. You get older and start caring less about things, but his DK scores are what made the guy. You could at least pretend you will be disappointed. He wasn't at all. Maybe the guy always has a "hang loose and hanging ten" attitude and never lets anything bother him. He is right, I'm sure he will be getting contacted more than ever, but for the wrong reasons. Any big time interviewer or movie guy will have their facts straight before doing anything major with him. If they don't, they are only hurting their product. Then again, people like some really stupid ****.
    Likes Dproto53 liked this post
  4. 02-06-2018, 11:24 PM
    I can verify somethings that have been brought up after having a community discussion tonight. @falcor781 was there at Funspot when Billy presented his tape for the KoK movie. If he wants to chime in on this I'm sure he is willing to. Anyways, from what Falcor781 told us all and what I have seen from the tape presented later we had the exact same occurrences. Meaning, video errors and fuzziness were in the exact same spot. I can also verify that what Billy said about TG having the infamous Boomer's crowd tape is a complete lie. Most of the TG tapes are from Tom Votava and other gamers that have nothing to do with the dispute. According to what I was told there was 7 boxes of tapes none that have any Billy tapes. This is important because I don't want Billy or anyone else coming down on TG and saying they simply lost the tape which is an excuse I have seen before. Another thing I had gathered is that Billy straight up lied about the meaningless stuff like being the #1 TG card. While this isn't completely untrue the way he brought it up was in the fashion of "Would their be any other?". Paul Zimmerman shared that honor with Billy. Billy knows this as well and it isn't a fact you would simply forget given the ego of Billy.
    Likes hydef, timhett liked this post
  5. 02-06-2018, 11:30 PM

Name:	paulz.png 
Views:	338 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	49720
    Here is the shared #1 card.
    Likes DadsGlasses, Robert.F, datagod, timmell liked this post
  6. 02-07-2018, 05:51 AM
    Is there more footage anywhere of Billy's DK Jr run? From glancing at the following https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDHSoe74TDc it looks like it loads in pieces
    "Let's never play NBA Jam again."
    Kevin Cabarello

"I’m the Michael Jordan of NBA Jam.”
    Daniel Perea
  7. 02-07-2018, 06:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninglendo View Post
    Spoiler Alert: TG doesn't have the Boomer's tape that he said they have. I will bet the farm he blames current administration for losing it.
    We need a sad face button. "Like" and "Thank" options are not enough.

Name:	sad-face-e.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	49722
  8. 02-07-2018, 06:14 AM
    all i'm saying is, its not atari and time period is off so ron didnt destroy the tapes. they didnt get sent to some ref in texas to melt in his locker. so tg had the tapes right? now they're gone? and tg had someone on the inside willing to destroy evidence for billy....
    Monthly Marathon 1st Sat of month
    let justice be done though the heavens may fall
    Likes Robert.F liked this post
  9. 02-07-2018, 06:59 AM
    Hi, the users over at the Donkey Kong Forum asked that I cross post here.

The smash scores in the 1,050,000 WR are very suspicious. So far I've only examined barrel stages. It'd be nice to transcribe the 1,047,200 WR but the video quality is atrocious. I'll donate $50 to Child's Play if anyone can provide a complete transcript of either game including points, timestamp, type and stage for each non-fixed value smash.

After seeing Wes Copeland's argument against Mitchell's run, I decided to figure out just how unusual it is.

I started by transcribing all of the blue barrel and flame smashes from barrel stages on Mitchell's 1,050,000 game. Here's my spreadsheet with timestamps. I hope this is accurate. The video has serious quality problems and much of the time I was stuck inferring scores from digit rollover in the blurry total score. I welcome any efforts to replicate, extend or amend this transcript.

What I found is that the score distribution in the 1.05m run is significantly shifted toward the high range. There are fourteen 300 pt blue barrel smashes and thirty-four 800 pt smashes. On average his blue barrel smashes were worth 570 points and his flame smashes 477 points. Between these two types of smashes he scored 78,500 points over his runs. The odds of this happening fairly are about 1 in 360 (99.73th percentile), or about once per 450 hours of near perfect play.

I suspect a transcription of variable scoring events in rivet and conveyor stages will push the odds into absurd heights.

Thanks goes to @othercriteria for double checking my math, and Wes Copeland and the folks on #mame for patiently answering my questions.
    Thanks gavv, The Evener, adwinistator, Rev John thanked this post
    Likes adwinistator, Rev John liked this post
  10. 02-07-2018, 08:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    all i'm saying is, its not atari and time period is off so ron didnt destroy the tapes. they didnt get sent to some ref in texas to melt in his locker. so tg had the tapes right? now they're gone? and tg had someone on the inside willing to destroy evidence for billy....

RTM REPLY - I'll answer in parts...

-> Ron would have never seen a Billy performance. He was gone before Billy submitted the 1.014M (in response to Steve's 1.006M) within the July-August 2014 range. No previous Billy performance as far as DK or DKJr was ever submitted to TG during my administration Apr/01 up to that point. I cannot speak as to pre-Apr/01.

-> I had Billy's 1.014M tape as part of my comparative article for the two simultaneous 1M submissions to TG. The 1.014M is either currently in the possession of Dwayne Richard as part of his documentary effort, or was sent to Shawn Carm in Maine (via Brian Kuh driving it up on Nov/07)

-> I am aware that Bill's 1.050M performance was circulated among key TG advisors shortly after its completion as part of a validation process. I was not one of the recipients but I know of one of the recipients for sure as I just received confirmation yesterday evening. Who the other recipients are I will try to find out.

-> To the best of my recollection, I have never, EVER seen or heard of a Billy DK Jr performance ever being submitted on tape for TG validation at any point. The latest "reclaiming" WR performance was likely validated by on-premise TG staffers "live" but I do not recall hearing of a tape being distributed to anyone for co-validation.
    Likes Robert.F liked this post
Page 58 of 326 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast
Join us