thread

Dispute: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 75 of 153 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 ... LastLast
  1. 02-09-2018, 07:08 AM
    The story so far

A score is being disputed. Thorough, well thought out evidence has been presented that shows MAME was used to record the game in question, instead of an original Donkey Kong PBC with some sort of direct video capture as originally claimed.

To this date there has not been an official response from Billy Mitchell. He has had one or two of his supporters try to provide their own evidence, but no statement from the man himself. Instead it seems that the court of public opinion is being used on facebook and on shock radio shows.

I know that scores are important and the integrity of the database is paramount, but what is more troubling to me than a fake score is the way the close supporters have responded. Personal attacks, yelling, screaming, foot stomping, tantrums, name calling. All in a misguided effort to intimidate people either into recanting their beliefs of corruption or shutting the hell up. They are already demanding apologies for when the true facts are made known (as soon as a suitable talk radio show can be tracked down!). The hubris, the arrogance, it is mind boggling.
    @TriForce @Hector, whoever is reading. Tell Billy Mitchell that his friends are here waiting for him to respond officially. Tell Billy to dump his advisers because they are making matters 10 times worse.

Tell him to make his case here in the dispute thread where it belongs. This has nothing to do with friendship (at least in my case). This has to do with not insulting people's intelligence any further.
    "May the Heavy Hand spare you" -- Datagod 1:19
    ~~ Strongest Punch on Twin Galaxies ~~

2. 02-09-2018, 07:08 AM
    Please provide a link to the video then instead of complaining. How can we review it if you don't show us?
    "Let's never play NBA Jam again."
    Kevin Cabarello

"I’m the Michael Jordan of NBA Jam.”
    Daniel Perea
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  3. 02-09-2018, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Christian Pac-Man View Post
    So has anyone taken the time analyze the tape(s) available to show what you are saying, or is talking about something sufficient for proof?
    Two points:
    1) what tape? Billy mentions the tape is in the hands of TG. At that time "TG" typically meant a lone referee whose personal possession was not monitored by an other official at TG (I was one & FBX mentions earlier in this thread his own experience of one such tape).
    2) You answer your own question quite eloquently in your following post. ;)

Are you on my radar?
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Likes Snowflake, rotunda liked this post
  4. 02-09-2018, 07:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TriForce View Post
    I don't really know what to tell you to do but do something and see if you can get a plea deal or something because when the bomb goes off, it will be too late then. It may be too late now.
    Sorry to burst your bubble dude but I already know what's coming and it's next-level desperate.

You're going to try to hit me and other players over using a third-party jump button on their control panel. This is not against the rules either on TG or DKF. Robbie and I followed the letter of the law in all of our officially submitted games, and we've been very transparent and open about our use of non-Nintendo jump buttons. It is no well-guarded secret like has been implied.
  5. 02-09-2018, 07:17 AM
    So has anyone taken the time analyze the tape(s) available to show what you are saying, or is talking about something sufficient for proof?
    You do realize MAME and the original PCB draw the game in almost completely different ways? The video on youtube of Billy standing in front of 2 tv's showing off his world records shows it was MAME. There aren't any conditions that would allow for the game to load in a completely different looking way that looks exactly like a mame load. They don't load the same objects in the same order. This thread is full of evidence showing the tape BILLY HIMSELF showed off as his world record was mame rendered donkey kong.
    Likes DadsGlasses, rotunda, adwinistator liked this post
  6. 02-09-2018, 07:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by WCopeland View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble dude but I already know what's coming and it's next-level desperate.

You're going to try to hit me and other players over using a third-party jump button on their control panel. This is not against the rules either on TG or DKF. Robbie and I followed the letter of the law in all of our officially submitted games, and we've been very transparent and open about our use of non-Nintendo jump buttons. It is no well-guarded secret like has been implied.
    Oh wow, a third party jump button that would absolutely no affect on game play? That is what the bombshell is supposed to be? That isn't even anything.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes DadsGlasses, rotunda, hydef liked this post
  7. 02-09-2018, 07:21 AM
    Relying on how a direct feed displays through an A/V capture device on a computer and then subsequently streamed online or uploaded to youtube as proof of how something must appear through a different process is not being responsible or thorough in ones assessment. In other words, some people are neglecting their due diligence.

Simply assuming that both scenarios MUST display in the exact same way is just being lazy, and an example of having your mind made up and not willing to go the extra mile in order to establish or eliminate options.
    This seems similar to the point you were making the other day, but never responded to when asked about it (at least that I saw). So I'll re-ask the question-

Are you saying that taking a direct feed and making a vhs copy of it, and then playing that vhs copy of it on a tv and then taking footage of that video will somehow change the rendering? I mean I get that it might make it too low of quality to tell, but if it is good enough quality to tell how would the rendering change in this process? This goes against my understanding of these two processes (though I'll admit my understanding is limited), so please explain how this process might cause that change. thanks
    Likes Barthax, datagod liked this post
  8. 02-09-2018, 07:25 AM
    Relying on how a direct feed displays through an A/V capture device on a computer and then subsequently streamed online or uploaded to youtube as proof of how something must appear through a different process is not being responsible or thorough in ones assessment. In other words, some people are neglecting their due diligence.
    That's like saying a Neo Geo CD game will load faster if you record it. The loading time only changes if you modify the recording. If its a real time playback of the record, nothing changes the programming of the hardware or software.
    "Let's never play NBA Jam again."
    Kevin Cabarello

"I’m the Michael Jordan of NBA Jam.”
    Daniel Perea
    Likes maxxcat2018 liked this post
  9. 02-09-2018, 07:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    The story so far

A score is being disputed. Thorough, well thought out evidence has been presented that shows MAME was used to record the game in question, instead of an original Donkey Kong PBC with some sort of direct video capture as originally claimed.

To this date there has not been an official response from Billy Mitchell. He has had one or two of his supporters try to provide their own evidence, but no statement from the man himself. Instead it seems that the court of public opinion is being used on facebook and on shock radio shows.

I know that scores are important and the integrity of the database is paramount, but what is more troubling to me than a fake score is the way the close supporters have responded. Personal attacks, yelling, screaming, foot stomping, tantrums, name calling. All in a misguided effort to intimidate people either into recanting their beliefs of corruption or shutting the hell up. They are already demanding apologies for when the true facts are made known (as soon as a suitable talk radio show can be tracked down!). The hubris, the arrogance, it is mind boggling.
    @TriForce @Hector, whoever is reading. Tell Billy Mitchell that his friends are here waiting for him to respond officially. Tell Billy to dump his advisers because they are making matters 10 times worse.

Tell him to make his case here in the dispute thread where it belongs. This has nothing to do with friendship (at least in my case). This has to do with not insulting people's intelligence any further.
    I've told them time is about to be up. If they got something that can discredit all the evidence it's time that they encourage Billy to come forward and present it. Otherwise it's over.
    Likes maxxcat2018, datagod, hydef liked this post
  10. 02-09-2018, 07:58 AM
    @The Christian PacMan are you trying to say that issues caused by recording like dropped frames etc would somehow cause the boards to be drawn out of order? An order that just so happens to match Mame 100%?
Page 75 of 153 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 ... LastLast
Join us