Thread

Dispute: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
    This poll is closed
Page 77 of 326 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 177 ... LastLast
  1. 02-09-2018, 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    The story so far

To this date there has not been an official response from Billy Mitchell. He has had one or two of his supporters try to provide their own evidence, but no statement from the man himself.
    No official response?

Perhaps you missed this interview where Billy acknowledges that the tapes Jeremy have SHOW MAME PLAY ?

Thanks timhett, tudose thanked this post
    Likes tudose, rotunda, Robert.F, Barra, anningmay liked this post
  2. 02-09-2018, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J.C. Harrist View Post
    No official response?
    Perhaps you missed this interview where Billy acknowledges that the tapes Jeremy have SHOW MAME PLAY ?
    The Billy Response Team™ didn't post the video here (thankfully, what a piece of garbage).

On day one they should have sent an emmisary here to say "Hang on folks! Give us some time to make a case!"
  3. 02-09-2018, 09:16 AM
    No official response?

Doesn't this acknowledgement pretty much end the dispute? If the score being disputed has admission of being done in MAME, with no .inp submitted that TG is aware of to review, doesn't this end the dispute of this particular score?
    Currently Playing: Front Page Sports baseball '98 (PC) (using custom built 2017 rosters)
    Thanks timhett, tudose, QAOP Spaceman thanked this post
    Likes datagod, HAN, timhett, tudose, rotunda and 3 others liked this post
  4. 02-09-2018, 09:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pwnasaurus View Post
    Doesn't this acknowledgement pretty much end the dispute? If the score being disputed has admission of being done in MAME, with no .inp submitted that TG is aware of to review, doesn't this end the dispute of this particular score?
    all that proves is the score is fake. However Billy's continued lies among other things help establish billy knew about it. Remember theres a difference between on an honest accident and intentional cheating. There's no doubt the score is fake, its important though to conitue the investigation and establish billy willfully cheated.
    Monthly Marathon 1st Sat of month
    let justice be done though the heavens may fall
    Likes francoisadt, Fly liked this post
  5. 02-09-2018, 09:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TriForce View Post
    My opinion outside of TG was put here and misinterpreted. I only commented to make clear it up. I have no interest in posting any information to prosecute or defend in this dispute.

I gave no testimony. Do not lie. I clearly stated that none of my opinions are to be used as evidence. You clearly ignored that.

*smh

This right here is why I don't get involved. Information is shared with me, information that I didn't ask for nor can I substantiate. If I can't substantiate it, its not proof or evidence. If it's not proof or evidence you don't throw it in the pile. All that does is confuse or distract the matter at hand. All it was, is what someone told me. I see how it can possibly be destructive and decide to give my opinion on it, in my own community. I tell them hopefully they take heed to the heads up. That is taken here and now is considered as blackmail? I wasn't speaking to anyone here it was on my stream not in this thread. I gave my opinion on it away from this site on my own podcast to my own team and discord community who asked me what do I know about what's going on in TG. What I said there is brought here and accidentally misinterpreted. I come in to clarify it and asked to I be kept out of it and my opinion not be used as any sort of evidence for anything. Not to prosecute or defend. What do I get in return? My character questioned and how I'm some how trying to market the situation.

Yeah, this is why I don't get involved. Tell you all what. This is my last post to the matter in this thread. I'm returning to what I'm doing, "away" from this dispute thread. Don't mention me and you won't be further distracted from your task here. I will no longer post here to acknowledge any of your ill conceived notions and thoughts of me.
    Not sure why I quoted this, anyway. I will actually ask you a direct question since I am curious. How does removing false/cheated/colluded scores end up being a negative on the party removing them? Can you give one example in history, and I mean of all time, where someone was caught cheating and people said that's not right we hate you for it?

P.S. All of the gaming community outside of Todd Rogers circle were happy with his removal of scores.
  6. 02-09-2018, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    The Billy Response Team™ didn't post the video here (thankfully, what a piece of garbage).
    Was the person who posted the announcement of this interview and supplied the login credentials a member of this "Billy Response Team"?
  7. 02-09-2018, 10:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    all that proves is the score is fake. However Billy's continued lies among other things help establish billy knew about it. Remember theres a difference between on an honest accident and intentional cheating. There's no doubt the score is fake, its important though to conitue the investigation and establish billy willfully cheated.
    Then I'm furthermore confused. If I'm not following correctly, please forgive me.

But this is what I gather so far....

A video recording of an .inp file was submitted as a WR on an arcade track, that WR was met with live event coverage/praise. During that event the submitter was filmed standing in front of the video recording presenting it to an audience that assumed they were viewing an arcade WR. The score is entered into TG's db as a new arcade WR. On a recent show referenced above, the arcade score that is the subject of this specific dispute was acknowledged to have been done using MAME.

What's the next step in the investigation at this point for this particular score dispute?
    Currently Playing: Front Page Sports baseball '98 (PC) (using custom built 2017 rosters)
  8. 02-09-2018, 10:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pwnasaurus View Post
    Then I'm furthermore confused. If I'm not following correctly, please forgive me.

But this is what I gather so far....

A video recording of an .inp file was submitted as a WR on an arcade track, that WR was met with live event coverage/praise. During that event the submitter was filmed standing in front of the video recording presenting it to an audience that assumed they were viewing an arcade WR. The score is entered into TG's db as a new arcade WR. On a recent show referenced above, the arcade score that is the subject of this specific dispute was acknowledged to have been done using MAME.

What's the next step in the investigation at this point for this particular score dispute?
    Based on logic many think this is closed. But for the past few disputes, I feel that TG is allowing disputes not to be "closed" is sorta like in the US court system. Where this might be a time (or right now in this dispute) of discovery motion and a motion to suppress evidence.

These disputes themselves are discovery. The dispute thread is a vehicle to present all items of evidence.
    At this current time period this dispute might be in the time of a motion to suppress evidence. To give defense or "the defense" time to challenge any of the evidence before it goes to trial/judgement.

But there is no trial or jury. It is just the judgement of TG based on the evidence presented here.

:0
  9. 02-09-2018, 11:10 AM
    TG is running their own tests on donkey kong arcade cabinets and mame as well. Apparently Christian Pac Man without meaning to helped prove the dispute as well.

Quote Originally Posted by timmell View Post
    Based on logic many think this is closed. But for the past few disputes, I feel that TG is allowing disputes not to be "closed" is sorta like in the US court system. Where this might be a time (or right now in this dispute) of discovery motion and a motion to suppress evidence.

These disputes themselves are discovery. The dispute thread is a vehicle to present all items of evidence.
    At this current time period this dispute might be in the time of a motion to suppress evidence. To give defense or "the defense" time to challenge any of the evidence before it goes to trial/judgement.

But there is no trial or jury. It is just the judgement of TG based on the evidence presented here.

:0
    Likes Snowflake, datagod, rotunda, adwinistator liked this post
  10. 02-09-2018, 11:15 AM
    Was the person who posted the announcement of this interview and supplied the login credentials a member of this "Billy Response Team"?
    That would be MAXIMUMSTEVE J.C> after i posted it on FB i got this responses (interesting he knew about the interview first :)
    Steven KleisathThat info and post is from me Robert Felstein, and everyone else on this thread. I presented initial info yesterday, and shared my thoughts and opinion to Bill going forward, and on my post today. Everybody has the right to be entitled to their own opinion, but John Salter... spare me your remark of the classic arcade community as a "Joke". You are what you make of it. You have an arcade and have attended events like Free Play Florida, where I met you for the first time, run by Brian Jones. There are people like myself and many others that embrace friendship, fun, and passionate competition of gaming. We are NOT a joke
    Likes Ninglendo, HectorTelloc, thegamer1185 liked this post
Page 77 of 326 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 177 ... LastLast
Join us