Thread

Dispute: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
    This poll is closed
Page 83 of 326 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 ... LastLast
  1. 02-09-2018, 08:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DadsGlasses View Post
    @The Christian PacMan are you trying to say that issues caused by recording like dropped frames etc would somehow cause the boards to be drawn out of order? An order that just so happens to match Mame 100%?
    If the frames would load out of order wouldn't the rest of the game play load out of order once converted not just that part of the video? Both would act the same of course as anyone knows, @The christianpacman makes zero sense.
  2. 02-09-2018, 09:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert.F View Post
    He Who Lagts last lagts the loadest
    Go to bed.
    Likes cdreed3000, timhett liked this post
  3. 02-09-2018, 09:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HectorTelloc View Post
    Go to bed.
    picking on a handicap people hector how low can you go , imDislyxsic
    Likes HectorTelloc, cdreed3000 liked this post
  4. 02-09-2018, 09:17 PM
    and so there
  5. 02-09-2018, 09:34 PM
    The Sony Handycam used in ChristianPacman's video is a DCR-TRV120. This camera uses a CCD sensor rather than a CMOS sensor. On a CCD sensor all pixels are recored at once rather than being scanned in serial. CCD sensors are not susceptible to rolling shutter artifacts. It's an NTSC camera, so it's recording at 29.97 FPS. CRT refresh rates are generally 60Hz. Since we can't see scan lines it should be possible to establish an upper bound on the frame drop rate.

That said at this point I think hunting for video artifacts is beating a dead horse.
    Thanks Mitch Mitchell thanked this post
    Likes maxxcat2018 liked this post
  6. 02-09-2018, 09:48 PM
    2 Questions

1. Did Billy Mitchell do this Score on a Arcade Donkey Kong or was it MAME?
    The Strong Physical Evidence shows that it was Done on MAME Check Yes for the Dispute

2. Did Billy Mitchell Actually play at Boomers Amusement Park when he set the Score?

In the Video of the Donkey Kong Play their should be Sounds of Many Arcade Games, Music, People Talking, Announcements on the Speaker & Kids Playing at the Boomers Amusement Park the Day Billy Mitchell Played?

If their is None of these Sounds on the Video of Billy Mitchell Arcade Donkey Kong Score of 1,062,800 then you can Check Yes Again for the Dispute

3. Is Billy Mitchell Capable of Scoring that high Yes Absolutely I have Watched & Adjudicated Many Donkey Arcade Games both Live and Online Wes Copeland, Robbie Lakeman, Mark Kiehl, etc.
  7. 02-09-2018, 09:52 PM
    It is beating a dead horse but as in the post the claim is during conversion the frames load differently, shouldn't they load differently during play as well? It's not like the transfer from VHS to computer knows the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by The Christian Pac-Man View Post
    I will try to upload some video after work tonight, or at the very least a link to the video since the last time I tried posting here I had problems.

In the mean time this is something I recently posted on facebook.
    I copied footage from my camcorder to my vcr and took pictures of stills as I went frame by frame. I also transferred the same video to my computer through an A/V capture device. I also went frame by frame on the finished video file. I found, as expected, that the frames displayed differently than the VHS frames. Surprise!!

What I find is that the ones making these serious accusations don't think they have to do any real work to support their claims. Not a one has attempted to reproduce a direct feed set up, (the technology was readily available in 2005 when Billy scored 1,047,200), and record the feed first through a monitor and then to an analog recording device, or directly to VHS.

Relying on how a direct feed displays through an A/V capture device on a computer and then subsequently streamed online or uploaded to youtube as proof of how something must appear through a different process is not being responsible or thorough in ones assessment. In other words, some people are neglecting their due diligence.

Simply assuming that both scenarios MUST display in the exact same way is just being lazy, and an example of having your mind made up and not willing to go the extra mile in order to establish or eliminate options.

Until one is willing to do this, this dispute simply falls into the category of " unfounded".

Thank you
    Obviously a last ditch attempt that has nothing.
    The sad part to me is that guys like Billy and Todd didn't have to do this. They could have just made appearances and said they don't have the time to practice to be at the top anymore. They still would be in demand and be considered legends in video gaming.
    Likes DadsGlasses, timhett liked this post
  8. 02-09-2018, 10:10 PM
    Not sure if this was posted here already, but here is an article about Billy Mitchell and the dispute.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/em.../1100-6456696/
  9. 02-09-2018, 10:14 PM
    Here is my Prediction I said this Last Year Billy Mitchell will Play more than Likely at the Kong Off 6 http://www.arcadeexpo.com/kongoff/

Billy Mitchell Like's Being in the Spot Light & likes to do it in a Big Way He will Play Donkey Kong Again it will be in the Next 3 to 6 months at a Special Event, a Gaming Expo or a Live Feed from His Place or Online on a Show.

It Fresh News on the Internet.

He does own Arcade Games Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Pac Man & Ms Pac Man

Because of Recent Events this Dispute and Other One he would like to Prove to everybody that he can still Play it bothered him.

http://www.arcadeexpo.com/
    Get Connected Online
    Facebook - www.facebook.com/arcadeexpo
    Twitter - www.twitter.com/arcadeexpo
    Instagram - www.instagram.com/arcadeexpo
  10. 02-09-2018, 10:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jjt_defender View Post
    Here is my Prediction I said this Last Year Billy Mitchell will Play more than Likely at the Kong Off 6 //www.arcadeexpo.com/kongoff/

Billy Mitchell Like's Being in the Spot Light & likes to do it in a Big Way He will Play Donkey Kong Again it will be in the Next 3 to 6 months at a Special Event, a Gaming Expo or a Live Feed from His Place or Online on a Show.

It Fresh News on the Internet.

He does own Arcade Games Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Pac Man & Ms Pac Man

Because of Recent Events this Dispute and Other One he would like to Prove to everybody that he can still Play it bothered him.

//www.arcadeexpo.com/
    Get Connected Online
    Facebook - www.facebook.com/arcadeexpo
    Twitter - www.twitter.com/arcadeexpo
    Instagram - www.instagram.com/arcadeexpo
    Maybe Richie can bring a Donkey Kong cab with MAME on it for him to play.
    Likes Snowflake, cdreed3000, rotunda, Robert.F, CWK and 1 others liked this post
Page 83 of 326 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 ... LastLast
Join us