Thread

Dispute: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
    This poll is closed
Page 86 of 326 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 186 ... LastLast
  1. 02-10-2018, 09:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    (Karate sounds) *SMOKE BOMB*
    Wes was correct, the bomb was a misunderstanding that using a custom jump button could disqualify all of the top donkey kong players scores. Apologies were made and people were put in their place, at least that was my take from it.
  2. 02-10-2018, 09:22 AM
    The Christian PacMan provided evidence. Apparently it was “evidence” that he didn’t really understand. A technical explanation was quickly provided.
    Likes HectorTelloc liked this post
  3. 02-10-2018, 09:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HectorTelloc View Post
    Wes was correct, the bomb was a misunderstanding that using a custom jump button could disqualify all of the top donkey kong players scores. Apologies were made and people were put in their place, at least that was my take from it.
    I never received an apology.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG  
  4. 02-10-2018, 09:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    My god, can the "threat" of dropping bombs/something huge is coming stop as well? Just saying that means you are keeping something from the community or you really don't know what it is because someone said they have something that will blow this whole thing up. It's been a few weeks now, I figured this would have come up by now. You should just say it or don't post until it comes. It only adds to the cloudiness of Billy's side at this point. I'm saying this to help Billy's counter evidence. Right now, it's only making his claims look worse.
    man, you got no idea how many bluff and idle threat the old guard likes to make. its all they got. intimidation and bluffs. every once of a while they finally reveal their "bomb" and on the few cases that its the truth, its meaningless. Its something like "oh i warned you, now that does it, here it is, video proof you forget to brush your teeth during the last kong off"
    Monthly Marathon 1st Sat of month
    let justice be done though the heavens may fall
    Likes HectorTelloc, GCT19 liked this post
  5. 02-10-2018, 09:45 AM
    I was reviewing The Christian Pac-Man's video again that was posted by sandinboots. I noticed that the bonus timer disappearances behind what looks like a rectangle around the 1000 mark. Does that look strange to anyone else? Just wanted to get a second opinion.

https://youtu.be/4lpbM1Fr3Gs?t=4m59s

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CPM1.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	49864
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CPM2.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	49865
    Likes HectorTelloc liked this post
  6. 02-10-2018, 09:45 AM
    I get what you are saying but this is still a community discussion and because it is that this thread is going to go over the place. You're going to have people ask the same questions over and over again because nothing is centralized, you're going to have people provide what they believe counters the evidence even though it's a distraction, all of these angles need to be considered and debunked so that they never get asked again. Mark my words, a huge distraction is coming, the best you guys can do is debunk it and get those who bring it forth to understand why it is such. Even if they don't want to hear it at least others who might have had the same question will. Also, you never know, it could have some useful stuff in it. I have a saying, for every crazy person or liar comes a hint of truth out of their crazy hat. That hint of truth could be extremely vital for this dispute or for documentation purposes down the road for some historian to look at as this could be a historic gaming moment, or is.
    wrong. everything is centralized right here. If two friends past a note to each other in study hall, that hardly counts as part of the discussion somehow making things uncentralized. People are avoiding the official dispute because they know their "evidence" is fabricated and their logic flawed. They dont want to show up here and have their errors pointed out to them. They get angry and just respond with "witch hunt""toxic" rather than accept their world view is incorrect. Let them come here. If they dont want to come here, then their actions admit that they know they got nothing
    Likes DadsGlasses, HectorTelloc liked this post
  7. 02-10-2018, 09:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    wrong. everything is centralized right here. If two friends past a note to each other in study hall, that hardly counts as part of the discussion somehow making things uncentralized. People are avoiding the official dispute because they know their "evidence" is fabricated and their logic flawed. They dont want to show up here and have their errors pointed out to them. They get angry and just respond with "witch hunt""toxic" rather than accept their world view is incorrect. Let them come here. If they dont want to come here, then their actions admit that they know they got nothing
    Christian Pac Man got a lot more quiet after Twin Galaxies or Jace pointed out that the footage he was posting showed it wasn't an original arcade cabinet.
  8. 02-10-2018, 10:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by WCopeland View Post
    I never received an apology.
    Yeah, I retract what I said. Hopefully no more threats are made.
    Likes datagod liked this post
  9. 02-10-2018, 10:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RomulusVonFlex View Post
    Christian Pac Man got a lot more quiet after Twin Galaxies or Jace pointed out that the footage he was posting showed it wasn't an original arcade cabinet.
    He's still kicking that horse on Facebook. I just can't tell you if it is alive or dead. What I can tell you is things are about to get ridiculous until the real stuff stated in the GameSpot article are provided, which is hopefully tapes and a direct feed technical explanation.
  10. 02-10-2018, 10:21 AM
    He's still kicking that horse on Facebook. I just can't tell you if it is alive or dead. What I can tell you is things are about to get ridiculous until the real stuff stated in the GameSpot article are provided, which is hopefully tapes and a direct feed technical explanation.
    psst...there is no real stuff and so it'll never be provided. the entire thing is "something big coming next week" "ok fine that was a dud but next week there really is something big" "ok fine that was nothing too, but have some patience something is about to come out" "ooo you got me again, i admit i had nothing, but now i do just wait a little bit longer"....
    Likes HectorTelloc, GCT19 liked this post
Page 86 of 326 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 186 ... LastLast
Join us