thread

Dispute: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 91 of 153 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 ... LastLast
  1. 02-10-2018, 09:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by serphintizer View Post
    Well hold on now...this screen burn-in tidbit may be something to follow-up on.

Are there any experts that could maybe analyze this a tad more?
    No, the screen burn-in is not really something to follow up on. The quality of the monitor would not have any affect on a direct feed video as that bypasses the monitor.
    Thanks Fendersonia thanked this post
    Likes Barra, Fendersonia, CWK, rotunda liked this post
  2. Videos and articles right after Billy played

02-10-2018, 09:31 PM
    I did a bit of googling tonight to see what I could dig up with regards to Billy's submissions.

This one is immediately right after the DK record:

Here is a video or RTM and Dwayne discussing the machine:
    "May the Heavy Hand spare you" -- Datagod 1:19
    ~~ Strongest Punch on Twin Galaxies ~~

Likes Robert.F liked this post
  3. 02-10-2018, 10:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    I did a bit of googling tonight to see what I could dig up with regards to Billy's submissions.

This one is immediately right after the DK record:

Here is a video or RTM and Dwayne discussing the machine:
    There was a video talking about how Pete was NOT there for the world record. He was talking in front of a group of people. I can't find it now though.
    Likes datagod liked this post
  4. Twin Galaxies official release

02-10-2018, 10:18 PM

Likes adwinistator liked this post
  5. 02-10-2018, 10:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HectorTelloc View Post
    Old game consoles, and likely old arcades as well store everything as tiles in their memory, when these tiles are drawn to the screen on an emulator they will render like a puzzle. I imagine the Donkey Kong arcade has a place to store all the tiles and sprites, and before rendering to the screen they render in some memory like tiles, a converter draws this to the screen using a snapshot of the memory.

The reason I post this here is maybe someone can chime in, there are people who know about this here. It's a good topic while we wait.
    I can confirm right now since I just did it, that FCEUX Nes emulator doesn't render a single thing. The entire picture shows up all at once. So I can confirm Billy did not use FCEUX, haha.
    Thanks Fendersonia thanked this post
    Likes Fendersonia, Robert.F liked this post
  6. 02-10-2018, 10:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    I feel like they would have mentioned if Pete was there? The two referees who verified it aren't exactly trustworthy either.
    Likes datagod, Robert.F liked this post
  7. 02-10-2018, 10:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HectorTelloc View Post
    But that's the problem we don't know how the direct feed was set up for this, but supposedly they'll be covering all those bases in the next several days. Internally the game puts the screen together as a puzzle, than that memory is captured and rendered to the screen. All these old games work that way. Donkey Kong for NES as you can see is made up of tiles that are then rendered to the screen, everything is broken up into these small tiles, even the sprites.

Attachment 49881
    I think the issue here is Billy's side is trying so hard on convincing people that it is possible to get different picture rendering because of the recording device. Whatever is being captured doesn't care what is recording it. It will function the way it was programmed. Also, if the cabinet Billy played on did in fact read as a normal cabinet but the video output appeared as MAME, wouldn't the only explanation be because some sort of mod was used to get it to function that way? Aren't mods a no go? I'm asking, I don't know much about cabinet submissions.
  8. 02-10-2018, 10:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    I think the issue here is Billy's side is trying so hard on convincing people that it is possible to get different picture rendering because of the recording device. Whatever is being captured doesn't care what is recording it. It will function the way it was programmed. Also, if the cabinet Billy played on did in fact read as a normal cabinet but the video output appeared as MAME, wouldn't the only explanation be because some sort of mod was used to get it to function that way? Aren't mods a no go? I'm asking, I don't know much about cabinet submissions.
    Or he just used MAME, but I'm trying to cover all possible angles faster.
  9. 02-10-2018, 10:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    Or he just used MAME, but I'm trying to cover all possible angles faster.
    The arcade and MAME render so differently you can't really mistake it.
    Likes rotunda liked this post
  10. Patrick Scott Peterson

02-10-2018, 10:35 PM
    Peterson (OriginalPSP) confirmed here that direct feed was allowed at the time, and had no direct bearing on the game because it was verified live by a referee.

2018-02-11 01_31_59-A rumor about Billy Mitchell and the DK record [Archive] - Twin Galaxies For.jpg

Likes NaturalBornGamer liked this post
Page 91 of 153 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 ... LastLast
Join us