thread

Dispute: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 92 of 153 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 ... LastLast
  1. 02-10-2018, 10:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    Peterson (OriginalPSP) confirmed here that direct feed was allowed at the time, and had no direct bearing on the game because it was verified live by a referee.

Attachment 49903
    What does PSP think of the whole situation now with one of the two referees being banned and all scores wiped from the leaderboards and the other referee was his girlfriend? oh and the whole the gameplay was faked using mame to increase his smash chances to better his score without actually learning better routes.
  2. 02-10-2018, 10:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    I did a bit of googling tonight to see what I could dig up with regards to Billy's submissions.

This one is immediately right after the DK record:

Here is a video or RTM and Dwayne discussing the machine:
    The first video was posted in this thread last August, on the first day of this dispute. The second video is a conversation about Steve Wiebe's 1.049M performance, not Billy Mitchell.
    Thanks Snazzavich, HugDD thanked this post
  3. 02-10-2018, 10:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xelnia View Post
    The first video was posted in this thread last August, on the first day of this dispute. The second video is a conversation about Steve Wiebe's 1.049M performance, not Billy Mitchell.
    Oops! Sorry about that. I saw somebody say the couldn't find video, so I spent some time googling.

:(
    "May the Heavy Hand spare you" -- Datagod 1:19
    ~~ Strongest Punch on Twin Galaxies ~~

4. 02-10-2018, 10:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xelnia View Post
    i think some interesting points are still made there though. For example, for steve, due to the filming, there was no way to be sure the board in the machine was the board shown earlier. Well for billy, its kinda the reverse, there's no way to know the dk jr board wasnt the dk board with the sleight of hand they tried.
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

Adult Games: Street Fighter champ
    Likes datagod liked this post
  5. 02-10-2018, 10:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RomulusVonFlex View Post
    Do you realize how damning the evidence is?
    Yes I do. Do you realize the lengths some people will go through to make even the worst of evidence seem trivial nonsense? Think back to a certain trial in 1995...
    Likes Robert.F liked this post
  6. 02-10-2018, 10:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FBX View Post
    Yes I do. Do you realize the lengths some people will go through to make even the worst of evidence seem trivial nonsense? Think back to a certain trial in 1995...
    Good thing there isn't a jury and the adjudication team delivers the final verdict based on the evidence and not whatever someone says might have happened. "it might have been this but i have no evidence" won't be good enough.
  7. 02-10-2018, 10:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post

I turned up a single tweet from a Fort Lauderdale-based account. No attached photos or video links. It simply read "Breaking: Billy Mitchell takes back both Donkey Kong an DK Jr records today" -- posted on July 31 at 4:27pm.

Attachment 49893
    Direct link to tweet
  8. 02-11-2018, 12:41 AM
    I read that Billy's blue barrel and fireball smashes were in the 99th percentile in terms of RNG. Which is highly improbable.

The best explanation that I can think of is that Billy simply thought that the Donkey Kong game was already maxed out and that the only way to really beat another player at this level was the luck of the RNG. While now we know Donkey Kong can be pushed much further, at the time Billy probably thought that manipulating the RNG was the only thing that could be done to further the game.

Also in the direct feed tapes that Billy submitted does there exist a start up of when the arcade was actually booted up? Like video footage in the direct feed video of when the arcade is turned off then turning on showing the transition of the on/off power state.
    Likes Muerto liked this post
  9. 02-11-2018, 02:39 AM
    On the East Side Dave Show, Billy Mitchell says "I've never even played MAME. I don't have MAME loaded in my home."

I find this rather interesting. I think that the majority of professional players out there would agree that MAME is an indispensable tool to any arcade player looking to set a serious record on an arcade game.

For Billy to say that he's never played MAME... not even to use as a tool to practice with is odd. Most people don't have access to hundreds upon hundreds of arcade machines at their convenience, but with MAME you can. This is why people use MAME.
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  10. 02-11-2018, 07:49 AM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkwECcfqX_I

On this video I noticed that the 1-up on Steve's footage is flashing faster than Billy's footage. Is this because the flashing on MAME is slower in general? Is this a known difference?
    Likes Muerto, datagod liked this post
Page 92 of 153 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 ... LastLast
Join us