Thread

Dispute: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
    This poll is closed
Page 99 of 326 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 199 ... LastLast
  1. 02-11-2018, 10:19 PM
    When you watch the video of Billy right after he "set" the record you see Todd and Todd's girlfriend (the two refs). Notice how when the camera is put on Todd's girlfriend that she hides her face and walks away so that she can't be seen.

To me, this looks like she knows something and doesn't want anyone to know that she was apart of this event. Watch the video again and pay close attention to her.
  2. Swap Footage Statement

02-11-2018, 10:25 PM
    Has Robert Childs' explained his deceptive dkjr pcb swap footage yet? Or has he just made statements pertaining to converting rgb to ntsc?
  3. wondering about the monitor affecting the direct feed

02-11-2018, 10:46 PM
    So just curious, if defects with monitor can affect the direct feed, does that mean if I'm recording something on a small TV, but then connect the VCR to a big TV and rewatch the tape that the image on the big TV wil still be small because the original recording was from a small TV?

Just wanted to let Billy's team know thats what their so-called tech sounds like when he talks about the monitor defects affecting the direct feed recording. As much as I"m all for thoroughness I really hope Jace doesnt feel obliged to waste any money or time on testing the newest wave of poppycock.

we went from "you're all a bunch of jealous losers", to "stop this now or I'll blackmail you so hard it'll destroy you all", to "ok fine the evidence looks bad but dwayne did it", to "ok fine dwayne didnt do it but let me rattle off a bunch of technical terms while making ridiculous claims including but not limited to monitor defects affecting direct feed". I cant wait to see the newest excuse they come up with tomorrow.
    Monthly Marathon 1st Sat of month
    let justice be done though the heavens may fall
    Thanks Fendersonia thanked this post
  4. 02-11-2018, 11:09 PM
    Here's a different question.

Robert claims that the gameplay was recorded via direct feed connected from the monitor to a vcr. In the infamous board swap video shouldn't we see the cables connected to the monitor and some cables leaving the machine and being connected to the VCR?

Also, after Billy had just 'beaten' the DK Jr record, there is another video. Where in this video is the VCR to which the game is recording? Also, at the start of this video should we be able to see the room camera which Billy claims was recording the room?
  5. 02-11-2018, 11:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post

we went from "you're all a bunch of jealous losers", to "stop this now or I'll blackmail you so hard it'll destroy you all", to "ok fine the evidence looks bad but dwayne did it", to "ok fine dwayne didnt do it but let me rattle off a bunch of technical terms while making ridiculous claims including but not limited to monitor defects affecting direct feed". I cant wait to see the newest excuse they come up with tomorrow.
    I noticed this too. It seems like this latest bit is to pull back from the 'conspiracy' defense and circle around to "These aren't the two droids you're looking for" (i. e. even though you see MAME, it's not MAME).
  6. 02-11-2018, 11:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    So just curious, if defects with monitor can affect the direct feed, does that mean if I'm recording something on a small TV, but then connect the VCR to a big TV and rewatch the tape that the image on the big TV wil still be small because the original recording was from a small TV?

Just wanted to let Billy's team know thats what their so-called tech sounds like when he talks about the monitor defects affecting the direct feed recording. As much as I"m all for thoroughness I really hope Jace doesnt feel obliged to waste any money or time on testing the newest wave of poppycock.

I used to be help desk back in the day. The amount of people who called in wanting an "HDMI splitter so they can have a dual monitor setup for more workspace" was staggering. Even people who use technology all the time don't understand how it works and when trying to explain things sound like a toddler.
    Likes Fendersonia liked this post
  7. 02-12-2018, 12:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bounty bob View Post
    Here's a different question.

Robert claims that the gameplay was recorded via direct feed connected from the monitor to a vcr. In the infamous board swap video shouldn't we see the cables connected to the monitor and some cables leaving the machine and being connected to the VCR?

Also, after Billy had just 'beaten' the DK Jr record, there is another video. Where in this video is the VCR to which the game is recording? Also, at the start of this video should we be able to see the room camera which Billy claims was recording the room?
    Does anybody have that first video with the original audio instead of the youtube stuff they used to cover up whatever they were saying?
  8. 02-12-2018, 12:43 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Billy Mitchell Defense Wheel.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	215.8 KB 
ID:	50118

This is the toy we've been dealing with, btw.
    Thanks zallard1 thanked this post
    Likes CWK, Snowflake, cdreed3000, zallard1 liked this post
  9. 02-12-2018, 12:55 AM
    Just want to drop a quick note for all interested participants:

Matters involving computer rasterization, NTSC signals, RGB signals, the specific technical knowledge of how a VHS records (or any form of magnetic media), framerates, video encoding and other forms of compression, video conversion, the technical differences and implications between analog and digital, lines and refresh rates, color encoding, modulation, field order, and colorimetry are all topics I am personally very familiar with and have worked with numerous times on a professional level across my career.

There has been nothing discussed from a pure technical standpoint that I (and the TG administrative team) do not personally and greatly understand.

While all relevant information is welcome, participants should be aware that it will be impossible for any misinformation or random speculation provided to confuse or detract from the issue at hand from our perspective.

This entire matter is 100% discernible and will conclude with absolute definitive determinations that can be proven over and over again by anyone who would care to further investigate the final findings when we eventually conclude this dispute with a decision.

Everyone's participation in this dispute is appreciated. We look forward to the continued accumulation of evidence in this thread as we continue to do our own internal testing to confirm or invalidate each relevant evidentiary piece of information in this dispute claim.
  10. 02-12-2018, 01:09 AM
    All I have been reading these last10+ pages is speculation - there have been some facts, but not much.
    The main evidence, like I see it, is to get a hold on the guy there hooked up the “direct recording” from the PCB
    Billy must know him, so it would be easy to find the guy - unless a direct recording was never made!
Page 99 of 326 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 199 ... LastLast
Join us