Dispute: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

Members banned from this thread: Almighty Dreadlock

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 09-19-2019, 10:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post
    I'm quoting the letter good-naturedly when I include those statements - you know, because it sounds serious and intimidating - 'I have given the following statement knowing that if I make stuff up it would get me in a lot of doo-doo, so I'm being very serious here knowing the stakes, etc, etc, etc.' I guess it begs the question, what was the purpose of everyone signing statements that conclude in the following fashion when it wasn't accidental?

Attachment 97233
    If we are to be honest, since they've gone back on their story so many times already, it's probably so they could go back on their statements yet again later. (Which obviously is what you're getting at.)

While we're on the topic, check out Billy's signature and date on his statement on page 52 of the original packet:

Name:  37 - Billy April 1 pg 52.png
Views: 141
Size:  54.0 KB

"Ha ha, didn't count!"
    Thanks benasselstine thanked this post
  2. 09-19-2019, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ersatz_cats View Post
    If we are to be honest, since they've gone back on their story so many times already, it's probably so they could go back on their statements yet again later. (Which obviously is what you're getting at.)

While we're on the topic, check out Billy's signature and date on his statement on page 52 of the original packet:

"Ha ha, didn't count!"
    hah. Begs the question. Can William Mitchel sign his name as bily (sic) in a legal doc?
    Roy was Right
    Likes ersatz_cats liked this post
  3. 09-19-2019, 10:27 AM

"Ha ha, didn't count!"
    I would love to see the "April fool's day" defense actually raised in court.

I could rival the Chewbacca defense
  4. 09-19-2019, 10:32 AM

"Ha ha, didn't count!"
    that's just how he does it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  5. 09-19-2019, 10:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by benasselstine View Post
    that's just how he does it.
    I think the comment was more directed at the use of Billy rather than William. A legal document would have to have ones full legal name (even if he signs it Billy)
    Likes ersatz_cats, benasselstine liked this post
  6. 09-19-2019, 11:14 AM
    Just a quick note on my break - apparently Mitchell went into lock-down mode on Twitter. I'm not entirely sure why he decided to do that, I didn't notice any abusive tweets - he had a single tweet this morning where he addressed yesterday's thread deletion by commenting (I'm paraphrasing) "Had to remove the thread. Too many responses."

Name:  BMLock.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  7.8 KB
  7. 09-19-2019, 11:19 AM
    Ok just caught up on YouTube related stuff and I see some dinosaurs haven’t figured out how the internet works.

let me take this chance to remind people it’s not at all unusual to have someone else run their twitter. Salivating over using Billy’s tweets against him as if they’re the same as signed legal documents is adorablely grandpa level.

not only is this a general truth but for billy in particular we already know his son runs his twitch

yes ethically billy bears some responsibility for whom he gives control of his account and he also has some responsibility to apologize for or retract tweets that don’t represent him. However, again, tweets are not the same as affidavits
    Roy was Right
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes Marcade liked this post
  8. 09-19-2019, 11:20 AM
    Evener I started typing my comment before yours. It wasn’t meant as a reply to you. No snip at you intense even though it looks that way. The snip was for the dinosaurs
    Roy was Right
    Likes The Evener liked this post
  9. 09-19-2019, 11:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by FBX View Post
    Nope, because we're entertaining the constantly changing story from a pathological liar. It reminds me a lot of this show on Netflix called "Serial Killers" with Piers Morgan. It's only three episodes, but he goes an interviews serial killers that have been rotting in prison for years to decades
    Dude, you need to seriously stop. You are defaming a man who can actually afford lawyers by calling him pathological. Then you compare him to serial killers. Do you really hate him this much? If you "knew all along" where were you all these years? You are just piling on because you feel safe.
    Been playing games since 1975
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock

10. 09-19-2019, 12:56 PM
    Not sure if I've missed this already, but was thinking about one aspect of this dispute today.

TG has decreed that the tapes relating to Boomers and the Mortgage brokers convention demonstrate that the hardware used was not original and most likely MAME. So following on from that, what is the assumption about what actually took place at these two live events?

1. That Billy achieved those scores live at those events but the tapes show that he played using non-standard arcade hardware in those machines?
    2. That Billy did achieve those scores using original hardware, but something weird in the hardware setup used to capture the gameplay to tape, generated evidence of emulation and not original DK PCBs. A setup and resulting output that no one has been able to replicate?
    3. That Billy "mimed" gameplay at both events, or twiddled his thumbs for a few hours, or wasn't there at all, or just sat and played random DK games, and after the events announced the live achievements, then submitted these previously "created" MAME tapes claiming them to show the gameplay achieved live at the events, and everyone there from his set up crew to the referees present were in on the act, and anyone else who happened to appear to be paying attention spotted nothing amiss. Therefore this goes beyond evidence of MAME on a tape, but is in fact akin to a scandal on a par with faking the moon landings.
    4. That Billy achieved the scores at the events, live, using correct hardware, and the original genuine tapes showed gameplay from both events with no anomalies, but are lost for various reasons and have been maliciously switched with doctored tapes - which is just plain bad luck?
    5. Something else?

I'm not asking here what Billy's explanation is, nor making any assertions for either side, I'm asking what the assumption is from the other side of the fence as to what actually went on at these two events, if we are assuming that the tapes mean the scores are not valid.
Page 361 of 377 FirstFirst ... 261 311 351 359 360 361 362 363 371 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 3770
Page 361 of 377 FirstFirst ... 261 311 351 359 360 361 362 363 371 ... LastLast
Join us