Dispute: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

Members banned from this thread: Almighty Dreadlock

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 09-19-2019, 05:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post
    Just a quick note on my break - apparently Mitchell went into lock-down mode on Twitter. I'm not entirely sure why he decided to do that, I didn't notice any abusive tweets - he had a single tweet this morning where he addressed yesterday's thread deletion by commenting (I'm paraphrasing) "Had to remove the thread. Too many responses."

Attachment 97284

RTM REPLY - pure speculation on my part, but his legal team could have told him to knock it off lest he further shoot his case in the foot by issuing statements, however brief, which contradict earlier statements. Wouldn't surprise me.
    Likes The Evener, FBX, vtlmks liked this post
  2. 09-19-2019, 05:37 PM
    I really don't think there is a lawsuit.
  3. 09-19-2019, 05:37 PM
    The person or people being intimidated are on Team Billy. Walter himself stated that the dispute forum was full of people ready to jump on anyone supporting Billy. Read his signed letter.

Is that really what this should be about? Everyone wants to hear Billy explain things, but if he ever came here he would likely be pounced on by a bunch of wild dogs.
    Been playing games since 1975
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock

4. 09-19-2019, 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    The person or people being intimidated are on Team Billy. Walter himself stated that the dispute forum was full of people ready to jump on anyone supporting Billy. Read his signed letter.

Is that really what this should be about? Everyone wants to hear Billy explain things, but if he ever came here he would likely be pounced on by a bunch of wild dogs.

RTM REPLY - agree..."Team Billy" may very well use the overall tenor of this forum discussion as supporting documentation to prove how his reputation within the gaming community has been adversely affected.

I do want to add a thought that recently occurred to me, a parallel situation, if you will.

Decades after the MLB decision to ban Pete Rose his records are still not formally recognized by the MLB even though his gambling actions had no definitive impact on his performance. However, the MLB...an organization that is MUCH larger than TG (or Guinness, for that matter) has stuck to its guns notwithstanding whatever actions that Rose and his fan-base have attempted on his behalf over the years.

My point being, if a score removal of THAT magnitude which spanned 4250+ career hits among many other records across several decades beat legal challenges, logic may dictate that a score removal of less than 10 records across several decades also stands a good chance of beating similar legal challenges.

Time will tell.
    Likes ersatz_cats liked this post
  5. 09-19-2019, 05:51 PM

And rightfully so at this point. However, he could still come here, make his first comment HIMSELF and then leave. This is the same Team Billy that started calling everyone here at TG a bunch of losers when the initial dispute was taking place right? They had no issues calling anybody on here some names in their facebook posts, but I'm sure you already knew that. They were pretty damn harsh themselves until that MAME evidence came out, then **** got real quiet on there end until now. Yep, it's all one way. Us TG people are completely irrational with all the evidence. Comment after comment of how we are intimidating him. We get it.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes datagod liked this post
  6. 09-19-2019, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maxim_recoil View Post
    This is a quote from ersatz_cats' Donkey Kong Forum thread:

I'll second what The Evener said. I have since heard suggestions that there exist photos which contradict that claim. I have even heard it suggested that the "Billy played in the other room" theory crept into the repeated narrative after originating with an old interview with Roy Shildt, though I haven't been able to confirm that yet either.

Note that even still, while I've heard photos exist, I have yet to see such photos for myself. In fact, I would love to see such photos. I have not seen any photos from the Mortgage Brokers event, and I really very much want to see them. If they do exist, I'm not sure why they have to be so secretive. Please, if you have them, send them to me. I've been a journalist, and I do confidential submissions. I want the truth, whatever it reveals. Somehow, the photos Billy and his crew have access to didn't make it into their 156-page evidence packet, which is a shame. If anyone does have them, please drop me a line: ersatzcats@gmail (no underscore), or contact me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ersatz_cats
  7. 09-19-2019, 06:03 PM

walter said a lot of things in that letter that contradicted other things in that letter as well as contradicting younger Walter of the forums. The Walter that signed that letter essentially called the Walter we all know a liar by denying his old numerous posts. Why would I trust the writer of the Walter letter after he bashed a nice guy like Walter so mercilessly?
    Roy was Right
    Likes ersatz_cats, datagod, The Evener liked this post
  8. 09-19-2019, 06:05 PM
    And yes the team billy including the Walter letter were bashed but not because of differing opinions but rather because of hateful inflammatory aggressive comments. You can’t rush in insulting everyone who disagree and slander us and then cry victim when we call the slander out for the lies it is
    Roy was Right
    Likes thegamer1185, datagod liked this post
  9. 09-19-2019, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    walter said a lot of things in that letter that contradicted other things in that letter as well as contradicting younger Walter of the forums. The Walter that signed that letter essentially called the Walter we all know a liar by denying his old numerous posts. Why would I trust the writer of the Walter letter after he bashed a nice guy like Walter so mercilessly?
    Because we intimidated him into signing it. DUH!!!
  10. 09-19-2019, 06:14 PM
    The moment people signed lies with the “under penalty of perjury” line then they really lose the “tg intimidated us” argument. Before billy was banned Joel west came here outright stating their side would refuse to give any evidence because it makes no sense to give away evidence to the opposition when there’s a lawsuit and then threatened legal action. So they were the ones threatening legal action from the beginning preferring threats and insults over dialog.

with all these false accusations to discredit their opposition it really makes me wonder about the Roy stories and if the only thing he did wrong was complain about the corruption. The accusations against him sure seem to mirror the accusations against us

#RoyWasScrewed
    Roy was Right
    Likes ersatz_cats liked this post
Page 363 of 377 FirstFirst ... 263 313 353 361 362 363 364 365 373 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 3770
Page 363 of 377 FirstFirst ... 263 313 353 361 362 363 364 365 373 ... LastLast
Join us