Terrible movies that need to be watched.

User Tag List

1. Terrible movies that need to be watched.

09-11-2017, 08:37 AM
    Based on comments of "Joystick" in The Gaming Documentaries thread ( ) it got me thinking of Kabluey... An awful movie that I thoroughly advise people to watch just so you know what constitutes a terrible movie but with sufficient saving graces that make you want others to experience it just to know the lowest bar that the phrase "good entertainment" can the thrown at.

Candidates for this thread: got to be a terrible movie but something in it that has something worth waiting for... something you can say "I liked that bit" so you can justify not wasting your existence on the tripe. ;)

Here's a few off the top of my head.

Kableuy: - a couple of good comedy moments, poignant moment with the kids... altogether an awful film though.
    Movie 43: - great to know the depths of despair some actors will sink to. What drugs were the writers on?!
    Burn After Reading: - same as Movie 43 in terms of depth of actors woes but this one actually tries to be a serious film?! Should have been called "Burn after watching"
    Meet the Feebles: - The Muppets done really badly... LOL, just don't watch it with children (children not even in earshot), nor anyone of any kind of political correctness/deep-held religious/sexual beliefs.
    Last edited by Barthax; 09-11-2017 at 08:42 AM.
  2. 09-11-2017, 11:38 AM
    While I've seen hundreds of movies so bad that you regret spending the time taken to watch them, there are only two that I can think of which I saw where I was so excited at the premise of it that when I finally saw it I was let down 1,000 percent.

"War Games II (2008)" -

Well, for starters, NO Matthew Broderick, NO Ally Sheedy, and overall, NO good acting from anyone in the film, either.

I won't spoil the plot as "technically" this is a video-game movie, but see the first movie (if you have not already) and then watch this one...then judge for yourself.

"Phantasm II: Ravager (2016)" -

The fifth (and final ?) installment of a franchise that started in 1979 and had a 4th installment made in 1998 (and not a very good one at that), then nearly 20 years later...using the same primary actors no less...made a 5th installment a full 37 years after the original. Only the "Star Wars" franchise has beaten that unofficial record !!

For those who have seen this series, it is "famous" for ending every installment with more questions, often more questions than the movie itself ended with from the previous installment, but THIS installment just plain reeked.

For starters, not unlike the 3rd and especially the 4th installments, a good portion of the beginning was a "recap" of what had happened thus far, thus chewing up valuable film time with old footage. Take away this recap and the 3rd and 4th films would likely be no more than an hour or less apiece, while this 5th film would be even less than that.

Worst of all, so many unanswered questions now exist that should a 6th film ever be made, more of the primaries will likely have died (the most important one already has) and by then half the fan base or more just won't give a you-know-what.
    Last edited by RTM; 09-11-2017 at 11:42 AM.
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  3. 10-26-2017, 10:16 AM
    Another hobby of mine. I won’t say how much time I spend watching unintentionally funny movies.

out of the hundreds I have witnessed, these are the only ones I would recommend.
  4. 10-27-2017, 03:40 AM
    Movie 43 contained some masterpieces.

My top three terrible movies that should never be watched:

Highlander 2
    Jaws The Revenge
    Knight Rider 2000

Take my word for it, you must not be tempted by any of them.
  5. 10-27-2017, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksett View Post
    Movie 43 contained some masterpieces.

My top three terrible movies that should never be watched:

Highlander 2
    Jaws The Revenge
    Knight Rider 2000

Take my word for it, you must not be tempted by any of them.
    I've seen Jaws the Revenge. Unfortunately once its seen it can not be unseen.
    "All persons ought to endeavor to follow what is right, and not what is established."

6. 10-30-2017, 09:44 AM
    I have to imagine that with seven (7) "Child's Play" movies and nine (9) "Hellraiser" movies that at least some of these are real stinkers.

At least the other three major horror franchises ("Friday the 13th, "Halloween" and "Nightmare on Elm Street") all tried.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  405.9 KB
  7. I actually worked on this one doing lighting and was an extra

10-30-2017, 08:18 PM
  8. 10-30-2017, 10:06 PM
Views: 37
Size:  177.3 KBName:  Poster_of_Rabid_Grannies.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  79.3 KBName:  iNBRED-movie-poster-15.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  790.5 KBName:  MV5BMTc5OTI3MjAwMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTk2Njk5__V1_UY268_CR2,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  24.0 KBName:  polishvampireinburbank.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  27.4 KB

I saw a couple of real stinkers over the years...pretty much based on the title or box cover is why I watched them.

Troma Team films are a treasure trove of godawful titles (FYI) but some are pretty fun.

Of the few above, "Inbred" was the biggest disappointment.

"A Polish Vampire" is amusing...the budget was so abysmally low that in one scene when a rat scampers by in a castle someone is saying "squeak, squeak"
Join us