This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. iOS - Crossy Road - Points - 2,027 - Richard Adams

09-17-2017, 12:36 AM
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=131967
    Rules
    You may play as any character
    Submission Message
    Hello everyone! I did kinda jump into the scene here so I'll try my best to explain the context around me and my score.

I've been playing Crossy Road on-and-off for 2 and a half years. It may be a combination of many things -- spatial awareness, community motivation, or just love of the game -- but for whatever reason I became pretty good. And with the recent discovery of the TwinGalaxies Crossy Road database I decided to get back into it and try for the top :P

I was pleasantly and unexpectedly surprised to break the 2000 point barrier -- my previous best was 1647 and the score to beat was 1702. Whatever the circumstances I really hope my score pushes others to achieve higher. I'm looking forward to seeing the boundaries of this game pushed to the near limit in the following months and years. There are many patterns still left to discover and I trust that I won't sit on the top forever!

Here's a few things to note about the video:

The character selection screen does not appear before the run due to a bug in the recent update (explaining the weird Hipster Whale + Crossy Road logo), so I was unable to record via Everyplay and as a result the video will not appear on Everyplay :( Instead I recorded on my iPad air via quicktime-player.

At the end of the video I show a recording of the iPad air 2 and the laptop on which I recorded the run.

You can find more videos by me on Everyplay under the user Blubbermeat, and this video might eventually be on Youtube as well under an account with the same name.

Thanks a bunch!
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes HugDD, JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 09-17-2017, 02:35 AM
    Hi Richard

Can you please email your video to franny@twingalaxies.com . We will upload it for you and attach it to this submission.

Regards
    Admin Staff
    Thanks Blubbermeat thanked this post
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  3. 09-18-2017, 12:49 AM
    Very well done my friend, and i saw this coming a mile off since being active in Everyplay as your score was always one that was just below mine ;-) and your subsequent follow on youtube.

And great news about the 2k barrier. I'm obviously having that famaliar 'loss of my old friend' feeling when someone smashes my score...but it happens and its seems like you'll take good care of the top spot.

I made the Guinness book and that is 'forever' and on my bookshelf, so i kind of feel its time to let this game go now.

I doubt I'll have time or inclination to try to better your score, so well done and all the best.
    World Record Crossy Road iOS points
    http://www.ronnieweston.com
    Insta videogamesforcharity
    Thanks Blubbermeat thanked this post
  4. 09-18-2017, 03:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by southendronnie View Post
    Very well done my friend, and i saw this coming a mile off since being active in Everyplay as your score was always one that was just below mine ;-) and your subsequent follow on youtube.

And great news about the 2k barrier. I'm obviously having that famaliar 'loss of my old friend' feeling when someone smashes my score...but it happens and its seems like you'll take good care of the top spot.

I made the Guinness book and that is 'forever' and on my bookshelf, so i kind of feel its time to let this game go now.

I doubt I'll have time or inclination to try to better your score, so well done and all the best.
    Ron,

Thanks so much... I know how much this record meant to you, and true you may feel sad giving it up, but there are similar feelings in taking it away. You pursued the record for an amazing cause. I hope you that you take solace in the fact that your selflessness has been forever immortalized -- through your cause, this game, and those who've been watching in awe every step of the way.
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  5. 09-18-2017, 03:29 PM
    Kind words

i am honestly in awe of your score , and I don't mind losing it again. A record only has value if others try to beat it, so it must always be beaten eventually or it's not worth having I feel....

....remember this when it gets beat ....but not by me of course

all the best, I'll vote when the video goes up
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  6. 09-20-2017, 12:28 PM
    I will be voting no until I see a video, or it isn't loading, I don't know.
    Likes RonnieWeston liked this post
  7. 09-22-2017, 12:38 AM
    Need the video my friend
  8. 09-22-2017, 07:46 AM
    I must've submitted the same score twice. The video is up on my other submission :)
    Thanks RonnieWeston thanked this post
  9. 12-14-2017, 06:24 AM
    Vzaar Video Url:
    ___
    Thanks Blair Weston thanked this post
Join us