Atari 2600 / VCS - Backgammon - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty A - 64 - Roger 111

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Backgammon - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty A - 64 - Roger 111

09-21-2017, 08:01 AM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty A
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=5083
    Rules
    Default Settings
    Submission Message
    Name:  2600Backgammon.png
Views: 69
Size:  939.2 KB
    Hardware/Settings shown in beginning, game at 1:15 after a quick restart.
    Video quality really stinks, Guys, very sorry. You don't have an option, you are the "White" player, so I certainly was the winning side(tho the track doesn't really specify...).
    Won the game when I put them on the bar at 10:15, with most of my pieces deep in my territory(did I mention, I actually do know how to play Backgammon...somehow.).
    You do not control the doubling cube, ever, the AI is the only way the bet can double. You have to play poorly in the beginning, and make the AI think it is winning, then pull a real strategy move(I was waiting on the bar myself to nail them)to finish them off.

Another Max-Out. One I'm thinking hasn't even been thought of before, haha!
    Thanks Everyone!!!
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  2. 09-21-2017, 08:07 AM
    I suppose I should go ahead and open this can of worms-feeling confident that I am speaking with authority on the 2600 really blows me away, but I am quite certain about this.
    I'd rather keep the ESI, lol, so I'm gonna pull the lazy card, but if someone wants to explore this, feel free.

Backgammon is a gambling game, and is based on "doubling" bets during the game.
    This game scores 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, and 64. That's it.

The scores below mine can't actually happen.

The manual itself is pretty clear on that, so how those scores got through is sorta beyond me, and I'm sorry for any fuss created, but it does seem fair to mention it...
    Likes Austin Blair liked this post
  3. 09-21-2017, 08:28 AM
    your's looks good to me - accepted!

Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    I suppose I should go ahead and open this can of worms-feeling confident that I am speaking with authority on the 2600 really blows me away, but I am quite certain about this.
    I'd rather keep the ESI, lol, so I'm gonna pull the lazy card, but if someone wants to explore this, feel free.

Backgammon is a gambling game, and is based on "doubling" bets during the game.
    This game scores 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, and 64. That's it.

The scores below mine can't actually happen.

The manual itself is pretty clear on that, so how those scores got through is sorta beyond me, and I'm sorry for any fuss created, but it does seem fair to mention it...
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  4. 09-21-2017, 08:38 AM
    Thanks!
    Rewatched myself-the gameplay, win and score are there, for sure, but the contrast really takes from the excitement of the game-after I put them on the bar, with only one spot to move to, it seemed completely over, but when it got the double threes, the game got really, really tight, I wasn't sure I was going to win(I was counting pieces every turn, haha!).

It's pretty easy to win this game outright, but difficult to pull off an intentional comeback.
    Thanks Austin Blair thanked this post
Join us