Atari 2600 / VCS - Smurf: Rescue in Gargamel's Castle - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - 61,800 - Bailey Chestnut

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Smurf: Rescue in Gargamel's Castle - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - 61,800 - Bailey Chestnut

09-24-2017, 11:45 AM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2167
    Rules
    Default Settings
    Submission Message
    Smurf: Rescue in Garagamel's Castle (Game 1B) for the Atari 2600
    Score: 61,800
    Score achieved on 9-24-17
    Only run in the video

Console, cartridge and switches shown in the intro and outro.
    Thanks Almighty Dreadlock thanked this post
    Likes Riatoju, HugDD liked this post
  2. 09-25-2017, 07:12 AM
    Nice job; it looked like you were going to go forever, and maybe rushed a bit at the end..... perhaps frustration.

I'm sort of glad they didn't port this to Intellivision. Although challenging, it looks too simple to enjoy it to re-play over and over.

Nice placement on the leader-board.

ACCEPTED.

Thanks Bayrock thanked this post
    Likes Bayrock liked this post
  3. 09-25-2017, 08:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Intellivision Master View Post
    Nice job; it looked like you were going to go forever, and maybe rushed a bit at the end...
    I wasn't really intending to go for the 900k+ run here, but it did feel nice to get a flawless start. I actually enjoy seeing how fast I can get through the scenes, but that could be my bane sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Intellivision Master View Post
    I'm sort of glad they didn't port this to Intellivision. Although challenging, it looks too simple to enjoy it to re-play over and over.
    Once you reach the speed ceiling it's all about pattern recognition. However, the creatures throughout each of the scenes have patterns that vary randomly, so it makes it hard to dial in a low risk approach. You'd be surprised how unpredictable the game is!
Join us