PlayStation 2 - Activision Anthology - NTSC - Boxing - Game 1, Difficulty BB [Time Remaining] - 01:04.0 - Roger 111

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. PlayStation 2 - Activision Anthology - NTSC - Boxing - Game 1, Difficulty BB [Time Remaining] - 01:04.0 - Roger 111

10-05-2017, 12:51 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:

NTSC - Boxing - Game 1, Difficulty BB [Time Remaining]
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=19059
    Rules
    This variation is tracked by the time remaining upon successful completion of the bout.
    Submission Message
    Name:  PS2boxing104.png
Views: 35
Size:  1.02 MB
    Hardware/Settings shown in beginning, match at 4:59.
    I had more success on VCS moving the boxer up and down as he punched(he auto-punches, BTW), but on this one once you start tagging the other guy you just want to stay still.
    Was on purpose, tagging him quick then driving in deep to start punching, gives a good flurry when you can nail it.
    Thanks Everyone!!!
    Likes MyOwnWorstEnemy liked this post
  2. 10-05-2017, 05:47 PM
    I'm starting to feel like I'm your punching bag on Activision Anthology. :-p

Nice job Roger!
    Games lubricate the body and mind”
    ~Ben Franklin
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  3. 10-05-2017, 06:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnWorstEnemy View Post
    I'm starting to feel like I'm your punching bag on Activision Anthology. :-p

Nice job Roger!
    I have to pick my fights VERY carefully-I know that you know that on nine out of ten games you'd put me down!!!

Glad to keep up on a few, I definitely prefer times/distance over points!
  4. 10-05-2017, 06:25 PM
    I'm stubborn so I'll give this one another try. I actually owned Activision Boxing for the Atari 2600 back in the day. Can't find either the cartridge or console. My strategy was to pin him in the near the corner / ropes and get the button rhythm going. I have no idea what my best time was but I did keep my top five times in a notepad. Can't find that either.

Great job on your time on Sky Jinks too. I'm studying your run to see where I can improve.
    Games lubricate the body and mind”
    ~Ben Franklin
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  5. 10-05-2017, 06:56 PM
    Honest, on Hardware and this, I used the autopunch(bobbing the guy up and down on hardware), but on GBA I did actually hit the button for punches, it was the only way to get them in fast enough. I can't get a good emu time for anything!

I may have gotten the wings straight for a split second on every pylon on the Sky Jinks, but getting behind the first balloon, making the turn to the right afterwards close to the pylon, then slipping past the second balloon at full speed is where you can make good time. I only let off once, right before the first balloon.

Thanks! I need to play this more just to unlock the game options, the stuff in the manual sounds pretty neat, but I guess I have to play all the games to unlock them or something.
Join us