Dispute: AL Birman - Intellivision - Tron Deadly Discs - NTSC/PAL - Default Settings - Player: Ron Corcoran - Score: 722,368,800

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 10-15-2017, 03:24 AM
    Should remove all of his scores while they're at it :)
    Thanks DadsGlasses thanked this post
    Likes Snowflake, Intellivision Master liked this post
  2. 10-15-2017, 04:08 AM
    I don't remember all the details as clear as I used to, but Ron told me that he had a console-based "Tron" score...I used to believe it was "Adventures of Tron" but was mistaken...that he said took him "104 hours" which "included 2 hours of sleep". If you search the forums you might even find me as saying this BUT considering my oldest pre-2007 posts now have "Guest" as the submitter name it might be hard to do so.

In any event, this does seem to be the score that he alluded to.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
  3. 10-15-2017, 10:37 AM
    I am Sure u could get 9999999 though
  4. 10-15-2017, 10:41 AM
    LOL .... Probably lol

But no way I can get 99,999,999.

Quote Originally Posted by CONSOLEPLAYEROFTHECENTURY View Post
    I am Sure u could get 9999999 though

5. 10-15-2017, 11:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    "104 hours"
    His phony-score-calculating sucked.......lol
    Likes Snowflake, Marcade liked this post
  6. 10-15-2017, 11:54 AM
    Any score with the verification method of "unverified" should be flagged and removed immediately, even without the need for a dispute.

Its clear this wreaks of malice given who the submitter was and his past tomfoolery
    Likes Intellivision Master liked this post
  7. 10-15-2017, 12:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barra View Post
    Any score with the verification method of "unverified" should be flagged and removed immediately, even without the need for a dispute.

Its clear this wreaks of malice given who the submitter was and his past tomfoolery
    Of Course. This seems like a no brainer.
    Likes Barra, Intellivision Master liked this post
  8. 10-16-2017, 03:22 AM
    You’re right !!

In retrospect, with non-leeching, it’s 160 hours and with leeching it’s at least 200 hours because there’s no 100,000 point bonuses for hitting the recognizer and he would have to break 72,000 discs.

Its 6-10 days no matter how you slice it (with no breaks).

Quote Originally Posted by RaGe View Post
    His phony-score-calculating sucked.......lol

Likes RaGeNyC liked this post
  9. 10-16-2017, 06:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barra View Post

RTM REPLY - that could be a problem...is any person 100% sure that with the previous data migrations ALL scores retained their original verification method ? Additionally, if a "method" that existed in a previous database did not exist as a core record in the succeeding database was the method then switched to "unverified" as a direct result ?

If so then a unilateral approach must be exercised with great caution and review.
  10. 10-16-2017, 07:04 AM
    As stated before why are so many of these peoples scores still here? How many disputes does it take? Everyone knows how absurd this all is. I'm at the point when I see certain names on the scoreboard I just move on and that is ridiculous that anyone needs to feel that way.
    Games are meant to be fun....
    Likes Intellivision Master liked this post
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Join us