Xbox 360 Live Arcade - Aegis Wing - Points - Normal Difficulty - 191,450 - Daniel Desjardins

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Xbox 360 Live Arcade - Aegis Wing - Points - Normal Difficulty - 191,450 - Daniel Desjardins

10-14-2017, 04:45 PM
    vzaar-player

Points - Normal Difficulty
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=127362
    Rules
    You may choose any color ship. No continues.
    Submission Message
    After watching some submissions wanted to play this game again.
    Xbox Live 360 Arcade - Played on Xbox One
    Streamed with Twitch App - Attempt starts about 0:50
    Thanks Everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, kernzyp liked this post
  2. 10-15-2017, 07:36 PM
    So if you streamed it on the Twitch app, does that mean you played this on the Xbox One?
  3. 10-16-2017, 05:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GibGirl View Post
    So if you streamed it on the Twitch app, does that mean you played this on the Xbox One?
    Yup as I said I did :)

They have a bunch of the Xbox Live Arcade games on it.
    Games are meant to be fun....
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  4. 10-16-2017, 05:44 AM
    My understanding is that Xbox 360 games played on the Xbox One are not valid for submission purposes due to not being on the original platform, as the back compatibility is not hardware based. The games are recompiled with some element of emulation involved.
  5. 10-16-2017, 07:19 AM
    My understanding is that Xbox 360 games played on the Xbox One are not valid for submission purposes due to not being on the original platform, as the back compatibility is not hardware based. The games are recompiled with some element of emulation involved.
    I have no idea on that but since Microsoft is the one doing it I would expect them to be completely acceptable as people move forward.
  6. 10-16-2017, 08:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by danman1234 View Post
    I have no idea on that but since Microsoft is the one doing it I would expect them to be completely acceptable as people move forward.
    I'd be ecstatic if I could play my 360 games on my Xbox One for TG submission purposes. I just want to make sure the community knows they're making a deliberate decision on that with this submission.
  7. 10-16-2017, 09:53 AM
    Accepted Welcome to Twin Galaxy Daniel
    Great Side Scrolling Shooter Game It is a Original and Great with Multiple Player and Combining Ships, Using Ultimate Weapons Wow!
    Game Information
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aegis_Wing

Note to Twin Galaxy the Game Starts with 5 Ships 4 in Reserve and 1 Daniel is playing

Game Starts at :44 of the video Name:  image.png
Views: 178
Size:  605.8 KB

Game Settings Begin at :05 of the video Name:  image.png
Views: 183
Size:  741.8 KB

Xbox 360 Live Arcade - Aegis Wing - Points - Normal Difficulty - 191,450 Final Score is at 36:54 of the video Name:  image.png
Views: 173
Size:  449.5 KB

JJT_Defender Johnny World Champion & Worlds Best & # 1 Racer, 1st Place on the Modern Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 43 Cities, & 7 Years Created by Raw Thrills & Owned By Eugene Jarvis Vid Kidz Williams,Midway & Creator of Cruis'n Series & Defender Many More.

These are Just Stats for my Record Keeping Log been their More than a Year

Submission Points 13,601 + 60 for Sponsor = 13,661

I JJT Johnny Correctly Adjudicated 13,661 Video Game Submissions at .9978% Percent Accuracy

Adjudicated Video Game Submissions I JJT Johnny Got Wrong a Total of 31 in Twin Galaxy's Adjudication Archives Accepted, Rejected & Cancel Archives
  8. 10-20-2017, 11:49 AM
    I'd be ecstatic if I could play my 360 games on my Xbox One for TG submission purposes. I just want to make sure the community knows they're making a deliberate decision on that with this submission.
    Again since this is something Microsoft is doing I dont see it any different than playing Gamecube on a Wii or PS2 on a PS3. I would vote it in. Heck I think playing on a multicart is a lot more dubious than playing Xbox 360 games on an Xbox One but that is allowed. Until someone can without a doubt say something is amiss im all for including them vs excluding them and making more tracks is just ridiculous to me as it does nothing but dilute the scoreboard when we already HAVE this track :D

Thanks again!
    Likes GibGirl, JJT_Defender liked this post
  9. 10-20-2017, 12:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danman1234 View Post
    Again since this is something Microsoft is doing I dont see it any different than playing Gamecube on a Wii or PS2 on a PS3. I would vote it in. Heck I think playing on a multicart is a lot more dubious than playing Xbox 360 games on an Xbox One but that is allowed. Until someone can without a doubt say something is amiss im all for including them vs excluding them and making more tracks is just ridiculous to me as it does nothing but dilute the scoreboard when we already HAVE this track :D
    The distinction is typically between hardware-based backwards compatibility, and software-based emulation. The PS2 has the PS1 hardware in it. Similar with some PS3s and PS2 hardware. And the Wii. And the 7800.

The Xbox One X does not accomplish Xbox 360 backwards compatibility through hardware, but through a combination of recompilation and emulation. Thus by how this has been handled with other systems on TG, this should probably fall into the not allowed category.

But as I said, I'd love to see it allowed. Being able to easily stream Xbox 360 games on Twitch while recording for TG records would be a great option. Which is why I'm spelling out the details, so that if it does get accepted, it's seen as a deliberate community decision that could set a precedent.
    Likes danman1234, JJT_Defender liked this post
  10. 10-20-2017, 06:07 PM
    The ps1 and 2 compatibility seems like it might be more complicated than that. A couple years ago I read an article
    about the fat ps2 and the fact that it contained some of the ps1 board but the slim did not, it was replaced with a emulation program in order to keep the physical size of the console down. Regardless of the hardware in the fat 2 there are some games that are known to play different and also a few that won’t play at all. A couple other poeple at a different site had similar findings as me but a couple months ago I couldn’t find any information on it through google.
    It seems like it’s definitely way easier to accept Sony and Microsoft’s backwards compatibility as original hardware much like the Atari 7800 and 2600 or sega genesis with a power base for sega master system.

Anyway, accepted 🙂
    Likes danman1234, JJT_Defender liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Join us