Dispute: Marc Cohen - Atari 2600 / VCS - Taz - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - Player: Todd Rogers - Score: 999,900

Is this a valid dispute?

    This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 11-17-2017, 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I watched the TAS run.


    As such I'm abstaining, but not because it is Todd or even the last digit of the score which is the entire purpose of the challenge.
    Abstain all you want...

    I do not think you looked into the entire evidence package that was presented here.
    The problem is not the last digit. The problem is the last 3 digits.




  2. 11-17-2017, 09:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcade View Post
    Abstain all you want...I do not think you looked into the entire evidence package that was presented here.
    The problem is not the last digit. The problem is the last 3 digits.


    RTM REPLY - actually I did...what I wrote still applies.

    Not sure why vocalizing "abstain" is a problem on these forums. Maybe a selection for "Abstain" is needed so that "Abstain-Shaming" ends.
    Likes datagod, Riatoju liked this post
  3. 11-17-2017, 09:13 PM
    people are free to abstain
    people are free to vocalize abstain
    i would love an explicit abstain option, largely because old submssions i sometimes forget i ever looked at, but if they were marked they were voted things are marked with an explicit abstain i'd know i already made my decision and wouldnt waste my time looking again
    usually, and yes its a free country so you dont have to, its nice to explain why you're abstaining. not just whats not the reason you're abstaining but what is the reason.
    Lode Runner Champion
    Thanks Marcade thanked this post
    Likes Marcade liked this post
  4. 11-17-2017, 09:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    RTM REPLY - actually I did...what I wrote still applies.

    Not sure why vocalizing "abstain" is a problem on these forums. Maybe a selection for "Abstain" is needed so that "Abstain-Shaming" ends.
    Yup, there is absolutely no shame into "abstaining" believing a 999,900 is possible here, when it was JUST PROVEN its not!
    OH, right. Back in your day as head ref, you simply "round up or down up to 85%", my bad!!!

    Lets all just pretend its an illusion, as we see 999,000 on the scoreboard. Everything is fine now. All good here. Move along !!!
  5. 11-17-2017, 09:46 PM
    Sorry in advance as I do not know how to multi-quote.

    "Snowflake" said - "i would love an explicit abstain option, largely because old submssions i sometimes forget i ever looked at, but if they were marked they were voted things are marked with an explicit abstain i'd know i already made my decision and wouldnt waste my time looking again"

    RTM REPLY - funny you should mention this...I actually sent a PM to Dave asking for this option to be considered about twenty minutes ago


    "Marcade" said - "Yup, there is absolutely no shame into "abstaining" believing a 999,900 is possible here, when it was JUST PROVEN its not!OH, right. Back in your day as head ref, you simply "round up or down up to 85%", my bad!!! "

    RTM REPLY - I never said "999,900" is possible...here's word-for-word what I said..."Even so, the path towards 778K looks pretty damn hard, especially when the red/brown ice cream bars come out which can easily be mistaken for a dynamite stick in the heat of the moment.

    Even though I personally never played the game far beyond the 100K mark, it still looks do-able to develop the necessary skillset to handle at top speed."

    Now, where above did I say that "999,900 was possible" ?
    DO YOU KNOW HOW TO READ ?? I wish that TG had a "crayon font' to drill the point in, to be honest.

    Now, cut the sarcastic garbage, "Marcade". In my day as referee "rounding" was never a common policy nor an uncommon policy. I voiced an opinion in a previous score dispute thread...and in a few posts thereafter said that my opinion was not a good idea to have voiced...yet you just use an except of what I said and harp on it to suit your personal agenda.
    Likes datagod, Riatoju liked this post
  6. 11-17-2017, 09:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Now, where above did I say that "999,900 was possible" ? DO YOU KNOW HOW TO READ ?? I wish that TG had a "crayon font' to drill the point in, to be honest.
    HAHAHAH! You got burned Marc!

    This is great.

    And I am abstaining too.
    Your friend, datagod

    ~~Raspberry Pi Enthusiast~~
    Thanks Marcade thanked this post
    Likes Marcade, Snowflake liked this post
  7. 11-17-2017, 09:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcade View Post

    Lets all just pretend its an illusion, as we see 999,000 on the scoreboard. Everything is fine now. All good here. Move along !!!
    Hah! i never considered the illusion explanation
    "the score clearly says 999,900"
    "no it doesnt"
    "i can see it right here, look right here"
    "nope you dont see that you're wrong"

    below we have footage of a tg ref farting in an elevator and explaining why he didnt based on ref logic of the time
    Lode Runner Champion
    Thanks Marcade thanked this post
    Likes Marcade liked this post
  8. 11-17-2017, 09:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post



    RTM REPLY - I never said "999,900" is possible...here's word-for-word what I said..."Even so, the path towards 778K looks pretty damn hard, especially when the red/brown ice cream bars come out which can easily be mistaken for a dynamite stick in the heat of the moment.

    Even though I personally never played the game far beyond the 100K mark, it still looks do-able to develop the necessary skillset to handle at top speed."

    Now, where above did I say that "999,900 was possible" ?
    DO YOU KNOW HOW TO READ ?? I wish that TG had a "crayon font' to drill the point in, to be honest.

    Now, cut the sarcastic garbage, "Marcade". In my day as referee "rounding" was never a common policy nor an uncommon policy. I voiced an opinion in a previous score dispute thread...and in a few posts thereafter said that my opinion was not a good idea to have voiced...yet you just use an except of what I said and harp on it to suit your personal agenda.
    I DO know how to read... I originally addressed and quoted you:

    "As such Im abstaining, but not because it is Todd or even the last digit of the score which is the entire purpose of the challenge."

    That makes no sense to me.

    My Personal Agenda? Integrity of the scoreboard. Thats it.
    So whats yours? To argue and debate, just for the sake of arguing and debating?

    Real sad, man!









    Likes N/A liked this post
  9. 11-17-2017, 10:05 PM
    Watched Greg's performance earlier and was wondering if there was a dispute. What a surprise. Get this one outta here. Better yet it's not too late to remove all Todd's scores. Accepted Accepted Accepted
  10. 11-17-2017, 10:18 PM
    Why the hell would you abstain on this one. The dude just made over 1 million points and proved with a video , unlike the top score, that its not possible to get points in the top slot. WTF? Pretty cut and dry at this point.
    Thanks Marcade thanked this post
    Likes Marcade liked this post
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 290
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Join us