Dispute: Marc Cohen - Atari 2600 / VCS - Taz - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - Player: Todd Rogers - Score: 999,900

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 11-17-2017, 10:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Foote View Post
    Why the hell would you abstain on this one. The dude just made over 1 million points and proved with a video , unlike the top score, that its not possible to get points in the top slot. WTF? Pretty cut and dry at this point.
    actually i reread and think i finally understand what rtm meant, not even being sarcastic here, i would actually welcome a correction.
    i initilaly thought that while he said what wasnt the reason for abstaining (todd) he left out what was the reason, and everything before was just ramblings. now i think i get it though

everything leading up to the abstain is just explaining a higher score is possible -- no kidding, thats been proven, in fact its kinda the whole point. it goes back to how rounding made sense in wabbit, until it was found wabbit had a maxout and exceeding a maxout is too much to accept.

apparently it doesnt matter if the last digit here (well third to last digit) is also wrong, as long as a score in that area is possible. since a higher score is possible, todd might've gotten a higher score, since todd might've gotten a higher score the number here being off is a trivial detail.

i would like to remind people this doesnt say "did todd cheat" it says "is the dispute valid". if a typo was entered, the dispute is valid. if a hacker framed todd, then the score is still wrong and the dispute is still valid. This isnt about how much we like todd, or how honorable he is, or whats he's capable of, this is about if the score is valid/invalid.
    Lode Runner Champion
    Likes N/A liked this post
  2. 11-17-2017, 10:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    actually i reread and think i finally understand what rtm meant, not even being sarcastic here, i would actually welcome a correction.
    i initilaly thought that while he said what wasnt the reason for abstaining (todd) he left out what was the reason, and everything before was just ramblings. now i think i get it though

everything leading up to the abstain is just explaining a higher score is possible -- no kidding, thats been proven, in fact its kinda the whole point. it goes back to how rounding made sense in wabbit, until it was found wabbit had a maxout and exceeding a maxout is too much to accept.

apparently it doesnt matter if the last digit here (well third to last digit) is also wrong, as long as a score in that area is possible. since a higher score is possible, todd might've gotten a higher score, since todd might've gotten a higher score the number here being off is a trivial detail.

i would like to remind people this doesnt say "did todd cheat" it says "is the dispute valid". if a typo was entered, the dispute is valid. if a hacker framed todd, then the score is still wrong and the dispute is still valid. This isnt about how much we like todd, or how honorable he is, or whats he's capable of, this is about if the score is valid/invalid.
    Oh, But when did I say "did Todd cheat" ???
    Can you read??? Heh. ;)
  3. 11-17-2017, 10:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post

I dunno William, You have to have a Big ass shovel to dig up an answer like that.
    Thanks Marcade thanked this post
    Likes Marcade liked this post
  4. 11-17-2017, 10:40 PM
    so, we're not longer disputing with the occasional injection of humor. we've just completley given up on this thread too and moved on to pure gibberish have we? ok, i'm in.
    Lode Runner Champion
    Likes Marcade, N/A liked this post
  5. 11-17-2017, 10:45 PM
    I learned something new today...

I say something, and someone else takes the credit that they never said that!

Gonna sleep real hard on that one, if only I can stop laughing! Heh.
  6. 11-17-2017, 10:54 PM
    How can we know he even got a score on this game. Maybe it was self entered. Maybe he hasn't even played the game. Remove the score and be done with it. I see no reason for an adjustment
    Likes Chris Foote, N/A liked this post
  7. 11-17-2017, 10:57 PM
    I think that the solution to the score dispute process is this...

-> Gamer #1 launches a dispute of gamer #2's score
    -> Options to vote are: Yes, No and Abstain
    -> NO opportunity for public viewing of comments is allowed during the voting process...only TG admin views what people write
    -> Final results are posted for all to see when TG admin makes the final call as well as comments
    -> No further comments at this point can be appended to the resolved dispute
  8. 11-17-2017, 11:00 PM
    " only TG admin views what people write "

Ha! Isn't this the type of Sleeze that got TG into this mess in the first place?
    Likes Marcade, Snowflake, N/A liked this post
  9. 11-17-2017, 11:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post

-> NO opportunity for public viewing of comments is allowed during the voting process...only TG admin views what people write
    -> Final results are posted for all to see when TG admin makes the final call as well as comments
    what! noone can see comments? Look I can get you wish noone saw your comments, especially the one about just rounding impossible scores, but if you're so embarassed of people seeing your comments just dont make them. Some of us actually like to collaborate, share knowledge (you know be transparent), work as a team and actually solve things. Yeah, lets hide comments, lets hide facts, lets go right back to the old days of the refs having all sorts of secrets which is exactly what got us into this mess in the first place. Hey, lets just hide all the scores while we're add it too. Simply seeing a higher score exists might tip someone off there's points they missed, cant let that secret get out. Lets hide all scores, comments, and anything else. Damn, you old guard really hate for facts to get out dont you.
    Lode Runner Champion
    Likes Marcade, N/A liked this post
  10. 11-17-2017, 11:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post

So much for full transparency.

Yes, I said that! Not you, Robert. :)
    Likes N/A, Snowflake liked this post
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Join us