This poll is closed
  1. Intellivision Flashback - Bomb Squad - Level 1-1 - 27:42.0 - Roger 111

11-23-2017, 10:42 AM
    vzaar-player

Level 1-1
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=208795
    Rules
    Select ONE digit and Skill Level ONE. Disarm the bomb. Your time remaining on the clock after you disarm the bomb is your score.

You must complete a minimum of three successful circuit repairs on each digit before guessing the code number for each digit.
    Submission Message
    Name:  FBBombsquad2742.png
Views: 42
Size:  840.1 KB
    Hardware/Settings in beginning, only game.
    Seems like I stumbled a lot, but I got a good set(this game is complicated to explain, tbh), even though a couple circuits were pretty far to the left.
    Staying over 27 seconds regularly, but this was certainly above average for me, really surprised, but I'm starting to realize that the more you like a game the better you tend to do on it, and I really like this game a lot, tho it is a bit bizarre.
    Thanks Everyone!!!
    Likes RaGe liked this post
  2. 11-23-2017, 01:33 PM
    Thanks for making me play Bomb Squad !!! On the Flashback !!!

Your time is so awesome, I only beat it by a nose.

Amazing job !!

ACCEPTED !!

Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  3. 11-23-2017, 01:48 PM
    I watched your attempt again ... apart from me, no-one can disarm faster than you !!!

4. 11-23-2017, 01:50 PM
    Thanks!
    Am working on more digits before I work up to a harder skill-I can almost forego the pen and paper chart I made now, I want to make sure I get the actual code part down pat.

Eh, yur welcome, but the thanks really is in reverse-like Faith No More's Falling to Pieces, mebbe not my favorite song, but definitely one of the "best constructed" songs ever-this game is like that, it's just really good when you get decent at it, I'm super thankful you goaded me into it in the first place.

Give me some time, I'll lay down some stuff on the harder skill/more number tracks for you to take a crack at.

I really wish there were skill levels on the real hardware like you guys have set up on the flashback.
    No matter what I do, the flashes that indicate what part to work aren't always visible, making this a tad harder for me.
    Plus using the Intellivoice is a blast!!

I did stumble just a bit-the second part on the first digit is one where I couldn't see the flash-I've gotten slick at throwing a 9(work sequence) in there mid-move sometimes, but sometimes I have to wait-regardless, I KNOW this is a pretty good time, VERY congrats on beating it!
    Likes Intellivision Master liked this post
  5. 11-23-2017, 01:59 PM
    The flashes are much harder to read on the Flashback.

Also, your sequence of circuits are faster than me ... I have to rely on my flowchart and I haven't played in a while. No excuse, but if I was faster with my flowchart, I could cut another 5 seconds I think. Plus I can't see my flowchart that well in the dark. You seem to have yours memorized. That's a big plus in this game.

The problem with the Flashback is that the st&pid voices cause a lot of delay and the voices talk over each other. On the console, the most recent voice cuts out the one who is speaking.

We both have different annoyances on this game... but still, two pros.

I'll load up some more tracks on the console this weekend.

6. 11-23-2017, 02:12 PM
    The reason I want to keep working with the digits before increasing the skill-my first two moves and then an adaptive third either give a surefire solution or leaves me with a four-way guess.

I could play the game that way, restart and hope for random good, but I'd really like to get the whole thing mapped in my head, just seems like a fun goal.

I didn't really realize about the voices, but yeah, that's pretty messed up!
    Likes Intellivision Master liked this post
  7. 11-23-2017, 06:29 PM
    Educated guesses work well on level 1-1. That's cool.

But for example, on level 3-3 when you're sweating out 'wrong parts' for over 25 minutes, you want the absolute correct third digit ... so you don't waste all that hard effort.

8. 11-23-2017, 06:32 PM
    For sure-I want to stick with this one for a while, and it just seems like you have to get to where you are never guessing.

I AM looking forward to the anxiety of putting out fires!!!
Join us