What it Means (to me) to be a "Legend" in Gaming

  1. 11-26-2017, 09:26 PM
    Rudy quickly hops into his car with some pizza faced looking guy
    That was Ryan Bland!


    john

    .
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  2. 11-26-2017, 11:16 PM
    Replying to a post that a gamer need not be alive to be considered a "Legend"...

    If I had to name gamer(s) who fit the bill, I would most likely choose gamers whose accomplishments I merely read about or a few that I saw which were absolutely stellar. And since I names a select few in my last post, I'll add these few now...

    Eric Ginner - someone that I've only read about, and one of the early overall masters of many different types of games from the golden era of classic arcade gaming

    Donn Nauert - Donn is normally associated with being a crackshot at the shooting games of that era, but he also made a name for himself with still-unbeaten records such as "Alien Syndrome". His total pwnage of titles such as "Cheyenne" is something that I would have liked to see back in the day

    David Palmer - the true "Star Wars" master. While at one point my personal best was on par with David, I'll never know if I could match or beat his TGTS record on that title. Add to that his mastery of titles such as "Battlezone", "Firefox", "ESB" and others, he's another gamer that I wish that I could see in action back in the day

    Those are the gamers that I would name if "living legends" were okay to consider, in addition to a few that I named previously within this thread.
  3. 12-06-2017, 06:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CONSOLEPLAYEROFTHECENTURY View Post
    A legend is someone who goes and says they will do something on a radio broadcast or media wall and do it.
    Didn't you claim once to be able to achieve a zero damage Punch-Out game? What ever happened to that? Will you revisit that at some point?
  4. 12-06-2017, 06:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TT View Post
    Didn't you claim once to be able to achieve a zero damage Punch-Out game? What ever happened to that? Will you revisit that at some point?
    I would like to one of these days don't know if I can do it or not anymore I have to practice big time. What happened I failed plain and simple. I backed about 12-15 other claims so with a conversion ratio of over 90% I'll take the failure ,where are these claims? You clearly knew about ounchout so you know where the others are.
  5. 12-06-2017, 07:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CONSOLEPLAYEROFTHECENTURY View Post
    I would like to one of these days don't know if I can do it or not anymore I have to practice big time. What happened I failed plain and simple. I backed about 12-15 other claims so with a conversion ratio of over 90% I'll take the failure ,where are these claims? You clearly knew about ounchout so you know where the others are.
    I recall your Punchout thing being on the amusing (and now defunct) progamerpromotions.com website. I'm not that much of a fan to know about any other claims you may or may not have made.
  6. 12-06-2017, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TT View Post
    I recall your Punchout thing being on the amusing (and now defunct) progamerpromotions.com website. I'm not that much of a fan to know about any other claims you may or may not have made.

    That's amusing since you follow my every move, I seen private FB conversations between you and others and CAT, fwd to me by hackers, and most of all you public private rants about me on FB on peoples private walls FWD to me by hackers

    keep on enjoying me ill enjoy my gaming as much as you do!!!!!!!!!!
  7. 09-08-2019, 06:56 AM
    Ever watch Last Man in Earth? Vincent Price. the movie was remade twice Omega Man with Charleston Heston and then I am legend with Will Smith. this 1964 black and white film is excellent and available free on YouTube. it also explains the origin of the phrase I am legend.
    It was the Triforce Leechfest. Thanks for asking.
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock


Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Results 81 to 87 of 87
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Join us