Intellivision - Astrosmash - NTSC/PAL - Default Settings - Peak Score - 388,845 - Roger 111

Is this a valid score?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Intellivision - Astrosmash - NTSC/PAL - Default Settings - Peak Score - 388,845 - Roger 111

12-16-2017, 08:15 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:

NTSC/PAL - Default Settings - Peak Score
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2867
    Rules
    This variation is for both NTSC and PAL as there is no difference between the two on the Intellivision Video Game Console.

Submission Message

Hardware/Settings in beginning, only game.
    I seriously planned to play for 20 minutes, get 25k and move on with a next to last place score(I'm on a mission...).
    Got a little carried away, I can't believe I managed to play this game this long!!!
    Was the early Holy Grail of my common cart collection, somehow Wife found it here in our tiny town, 1-1,000,000 shot.
    I won't likely play this for a score again-it would take half a day to get the record, no way!
    Thanks Everyone!!!
    Likes HugDD, kernzyp liked this post
  2. 12-16-2017, 11:08 PM
    Nice score, Roger! Accepted!
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  3. 12-17-2017, 09:30 AM
    Heads up-
    I get confused on Int still sometimes by "default", this was played on easy speed, and I guess default would be disc speed.

100% I am playing at slow speed, wasn't trying to pass it off for something it wasn't, just got confused by the rules.

Submissions don't cancel for me, others have that problem as well, but I would suggest "No" votes on this one.

Srry, first big gaff in a while.
    Thanks Almighty Dreadlock thanked this post
  4. 12-17-2017, 09:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    Heads up-
    I get confused on Int still sometimes by "default", this was played on easy speed, and I guess default would be disc speed.

100% I am playing at slow speed, wasn't trying to pass it off for something it wasn't, just got confused by the rules.

Submissions don't cancel for me, others have that problem as well, but I would suggest "No" votes on this one.

This is why I trust you as a submitter.

Don't see any way I could've spotted your error, so your diligence definitely makes a difference.

Will put in a 'no' vote to help clean up the mess.
  5. 12-17-2017, 09:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    Heads up-

I'm gonna have to get me a Intellivision soon.

I'm not sure what would be considered default but here is a snippet from the manual.

Played at any of 4 skill levels. When you see the game title:

Press RETURN to play at the top level.
    Press 1 (Auto-Fire) to play at easy level.
    Press 2 (Single Shot) to play at easier level.
    Press 3 (Hyper Space) to play at easiest level.
    Then press RETURN to start game.

CONTROLS
    Fire: Any SIDE ACTION button
    Auto Fire mode: press 1 Single
    Shot mode: press 2
    Hyper Space: press 3
    Move left: left side of DISC
    Move right: right side of DISC
    Glen Sampson / GSampson35
  6. 12-17-2017, 09:50 AM
    Thanks, Guys!

That's where I get confused, Glenn-a lot of INT tracks simply say "default", and I am used to that being difficulty BB, basically, haha!

Disc speed seems to be default on INT, the hardest settings-I DO think this needs to be defined more clearly for the future, so that everyone will always be playing the same difficulty for scores.

I've made sure to check-this issue doesn't affect any of my other INT submissions-Locomotion would be the only one affected by this, and it was definitely at disc speed.
  7. 12-17-2017, 11:52 AM
    Hi folks:

I made a post on my page that hopefully clears up what button to start your games and what 'default' means.

Glen, your instructions sound more like computer PC-ROM instructions. There is no 'return' button on Intellivision.

THIS TRACK HAS TO BE PLAYED ON 'DISC' LEVEL. PERIOD.

When the title screen is on the T.V. - press DISC to start your game. There is no way for this to be misinterpreted.

Once your game starts you have the option of pressing "1" for auto-fire and "2" to remove auto-fire.

Press "3" any time during the game to hyperspace.

8. 12-17-2017, 12:17 PM
    Rog, I feel bad that your 2 hour effort, and very respectable score have to be trashed ....

However, knowing you as well as I do, I'm sure half your mind was wondering whether the Intellivision Police would be stepping in :)

Very respectable score regardless of the speed level.....

However, this effort has to cancelled....

Unless you start a track for "Button 1" and re-submit (maybe not a bad idea).

9. 12-17-2017, 12:24 PM
    This week I'll be posting a spreadsheet of every game and the button to start the game to interpret what "default" means.

10. 12-17-2017, 05:10 PM
    It's kind of a tough call-I am hearing from the most legitimate source possible that "
    On disc speed, at 100,000, the spinners, UFO's and missiles take almost every one of your men when they come out
    ".

Which kinda makes 3 million seem kinda impossible, really.

The posted scores are almost certainly for easy difficulty and my score was accomplished on the same difficulty, having to compete with them on disc speed is fruitless.

An elite track may need to be made for disc speed, but you either lose all your men at 100k on disc speed or there are about a dozen scores to be disputed.
    I guess. I dunno. I'm not even irritated, just utterly confused.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us