Intellivision - Vectron - NTSC/PAL - Default Settings - 122,140 - Roger 111

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Intellivision - Vectron - NTSC/PAL - Default Settings - 122,140 - Roger 111

12-27-2017, 09:13 AM
    Vzaar Video Url:

NTSC/PAL - Default Settings
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=3064
    Rules
    This variation is for both NTSC and PAL as there is no difference between the two on the Intellivision Video Game Console.

Submission Message
    Name:  INTVectron122140.png
Views: 71
Size:  739.5 KB
    Hardware/Settings in beginning, only game.
    I'll explain this game in detail in the thread, it is AWESOME, but I do want to be very clear on something-me playing this again was truly a(happy)accident, I've kinda committed to myself and others to try new things before I revisit ones I've already done.
    The thing is, my Grandson loves to look at my games-it used to be the Spiders(the Ewwws!), but now he loves the games.
    He's learning his last few colors, and for some reason the Vectron box is "burple", his favorite color.
    I have Reversi as well, but it's "bwue", not "burple", for some reason(thank goodness for that, I guess...).

So anyway, that was the ripple effect that led to this, and I am in serious like with this game, nowhere close to done with it yet.
    Thanks Everyone!!!
    Thanks Atari The Jedi, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes nads, Atari The Jedi, JJT_Defender, HugDD, RaGe liked this post
  2. 12-27-2017, 09:34 AM
    Ok, you are building an energy base-you control the laser at the top with the disc, and you move the "energy block" around with the bottom left and right side keys.

Your goal is to move the energy block into all the (preset) positions and fire the laser into it to build a block there. When you get them all filled in at once, the level is complete.

The laser can also fire at the enemies, who are nibbling at your blocks the whole time.

Some enemies destroy your made blocks, some damage your energy block.
    The meter at the top is drained by time, firing your laser, and contact with certain enemies.

There is a power-up that runs across regularly, when you pick it up you are invincible for a short period, the best time to build your blocks, and it refills your power meter.

The yellow enemies on the 4th,5th, and 6th levels kill you instantly, you have to shoot them immediately. I expected the diamonds on the next level to do the same, was surprised.

It goes without saying that this is as far as I have gotten, but it looks like a new element comes in at that point, a puzzle element-you don't seem to die as quickly from the diamonds but they freeze you evidently, and really do a good job of keeping you from getting the blocks filled in.

The bottom side keys move you one block at a time-if you press the upper side key, you change to freestyle mode and can move anywhere-the secret, haha, is to hit the power-up, switch to freestyle to grab it, then switch back to continue building the base, which is a little more difficult than it seems.

Really, I LOVE this game, and I wish you could just play random levels for fun, I'm sure it keeps getting more interesting.
    Thanks Atari The Jedi, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Atari The Jedi, JJT_Defender liked this post
  3. 12-27-2017, 11:21 AM
    The diamond maze looks like the kill screen. They don't let you fill one square !!

Great job! Not an easy game!

ACCEPTED.

(in burple)

Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  4. 12-27-2017, 11:27 AM
    Nice score, Roger! Accepted!
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
  5. 12-27-2017, 11:35 AM
    I have a love hate for this game. This is actually a very excellent run I totally accept it! Good job Roger. You make this look easier than it really is :-)
  6. 12-27-2017, 11:41 AM
    My early-mid scoring was a little weak, missed maxing out a couple of bonuses, I just managed to not die longer somehow!

The diamonds seem attracted directly at you, not your built energy blocks-I think I see a way to exploit that, but getting past the three yellow-splitter stages again to try it may take me a while!!!

Burple, Haha!
    The Imagic boxes are Gwey.
    Still working on that one.
    :)
    Likes Intellivision Master liked this post
  7. 12-27-2017, 12:45 PM
    Accepted Congratulations Roger WR

Game Starts at :27 of the video

Game Settings & Console System Begin at :00-25 of the videoName:  Screenshot from 2017-12-27 14-37-47.png
Views: 57
Size:  589.4 KB

Intellivision - Vectron - NTSC/PAL - Default Settings - 122,140 Final Score is at 7:36 of the videoName:  Screenshot from 2017-12-27 14-22-53.png
Views: 64
Size:  624.8 KB

JJT_Defender Johnny Lightning World Champion & Worlds Best & # 1 Racer, 1st Place on the Modern Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 2,767 Victories only 36 Loses in Best of 5 to 7 against the Best Players in 43 Cities, & 7 Years

My Nick Name Road Runner

Created by Raw Thrills & Owned By Eugene Jarvis Vid Kidz Williams,Midway & Creator of Cruis'n Series & Defender,Robotron Many More.
    These are Just Stats for my Record Keeping Log been their More than a Year

Credibility Points 27,245
    Submission Points 14,460 + 60 for Sponsor = 14,520

I JJT Johnny Lightning Correctly Adjudicated 14,520 Video Game Submissions at 99.78% Percent Accuracy

Adjudicated Video Game Submissions I JJT Johnny Lightning Got Wrong a Total of 29 in Twin Galaxy's Adjudication Archives Accepted, Rejected & Cancel Archives

2 Video Game Submissions were Over Turned in Disputed
  8. 12-27-2017, 03:34 PM
    Great job, Roger. Definitely a fun game to watch! You’ve come so far on Intellivision in such a short time. Then immediately going to to explain how you did it! I can’t decide which console I enjoy watching you play the most! Your well rounded gaming skills are amazing to watch. Truly one of the best classic console gamers on the planet. Great job, brother!
  9. 12-27-2017, 04:00 PM
    Thanks, Rob!
    Once this game "slows down"(in yur mind)enough to intentionally pick off certain enemies, and use the power-up effectively, it really is a lot of fun and *almost* makes sense to watch.

I'll never be done with the INT, but I do feel a bit of Wanderlust sinking in-not sure where that dart will stick, kinda curious myself!
    :)
  10. 12-27-2017, 04:19 PM
    accepted...
    If you have enjoyed this comment please consider clicking the "like" button
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us