Dispute: Simon Leitch - Arcade - Pac-Man - Fastest Completion [Perfect Game] - Player: Billy Mitchell - Score: 05:30:00.0

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 04-03-2018, 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TWIN GALAXIES View Post

Twin Galaxies, please provide some information about the cassette bearing the title, '② 6 HR PERFECT GAME PAC MAN'.

Do the cassette's contents match the label's description? Is the recording intact and of decent quality?
    Likes Snowflake, Marcade liked this post
  2. 04-04-2018, 08:18 AM
    This is a T-120 VHS tape... and if it was recorded in SP or LP mode will result in an INCOMPLETE PERFORMANCE!!
  3. 04-04-2018, 10:29 AM
    I have an RCA "shoulder cam" from 1989. It records on all three settings. That number 2 could also indicate that is tape 2 out of X tapes.
    Your friend, datagod

~~Raspberry Pi Enthusiast~~
    Likes sprinter461 liked this post
  4. 04-05-2018, 12:31 PM
    Today, 09:07 PM

Yes, then because default settings is the base for "other" settings to set scores on.
    Perfect game scores should FIRST be based upon maximizing/perfecting the defauilt settings of a game.

In this case Perfect pacman (default settings 3+1)
    Then in another seperate track Perfect pacman (Max settings 5+1)

Something like that.

Lots of games also do provide a 5+1, but then those should be tracked separately.

This mean that other gamers have achieved a perfect pacman on 3+1 first before Billy did.
    Just move the title to the rightful owner if Billy get banned/removed - then these mishaps of
    preferential treatment can be dealt with at the same time.

Regards
    Francois du Toit

The post above was a replay on @sprinter461 :

Originally Posted by francoisadt
    Referring to the statement above: "Bllly's scores were entered in every bit a shady way as todds. ".

His perfect pac-man score video is incomplete - no end-game / split screen was provided.

Regards
    Francois du Toit

How about we add...

TG started out based on the fact that all scores were at factory settings. So in the instance of Pac-man that means 3+1 was the lives setting.

I've always found it strange that it was altered to 5+1 settings. I found it more strange that those settings were changed just prior to Billy subbmitting a perfect 5+1 game. In essence Billy was the ONLY player who could have possibly gotten that perfect score, because the settings were changed specifically for him.

Now you have to ask yourself. Why would they do this?

The answer I was given was, so nobody could score a higher score. OK that made me go WTF? If TG is the scoring authority, and they say 3+1 is the score. And Billy did THAT first. How could anyone score higher? Was TG going to change the settings for somebody else? If the answer was NO, then WHY change it for Billy?

Pure speculation on my part... but I'd be willing to wager that Billy already knew of a higher existing and/or possibly perfect score already achieved on the 3+1 settings. Hence the settings change. If it as merely to stop anyone else from changing the settings, to prevent higher scores as suggested... then why had they NOT done that earlier for other titles? Why now? Why only this game? And why so conveniently that only Billy played and submitted on those settings almost immediately after the change?

Anyways... that's an entire different can of worms...

Back to this can.

If he cheated. And the evidence is undeniable. Ban & Wipe. Period.

You set the precident with Todd.

And I am against the wall of shame. Unless it only lists the players name, and the reason for the ban/wipe. No scores should be included. If they lied, it's not real. It doesn't exist. It was bull****.

Cheaters Wall of Shame

Todd Rogers
    Billy Mitchell

Etc. Maybe the dates they were banned. But no games. No scores. No honor.
    Only way I'd mention a game was like if there was a *reason* field.

Reason: Banned for falsifying Donkey Kong Arcade scores.

Something like that.

Just my 2 cents...
    streaming mspacman normal and turbo speed at: https://www.twitch.tv/francoisadt

Francois du Toit
    Likes n0o0o0bie liked this post
  5. 04-05-2018, 12:37 PM
    This dispute should not be about the timespan but that the footage (the evidence) containing the proof of perfect pacman IS incomplete, therefore it is not a valid perfect pacman submission ... period. - remove Billy's perfect pacman score.
    streaming mspacman normal and turbo speed at: https://www.twitch.tv/francoisadt

Francois du Toit
  6. 04-05-2018, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by francoisadt View Post
    This dispute should not be about the timespan but that the footage (the evidence) containing the proof of perfect pacman IS incomplete, therefore it is not a valid perfect pacman submission ... period. - remove Billy's perfect pacman score.
    At this time, it is not possible to prove the fraudulence of Mitchell's "perfect" Pac Man score, so disputing it would be a waste of time.

I had hoped to draw the "evidence" of Mitchell's claim to fame out into public view for analysis and scrutiny, but Twin Galaxies is pretending that this dispute doesn't exist, so even this straightforward dispute may go nowhere.

This dispute's most positive aspect is that it proves that at least some amongst TG's membership are not muppet enough to believe that Mitchell is a real gamer.

Will more positive outcomes emerge?

Time will tell.
  7. 04-05-2018, 01:56 PM
    Maybe one of two things:

1. The DK dispute is taking up more of Adjudication's time to analyze and resolve this dispute. Likely they authenticated the tapes but haven't got around to determining whether the score is valid due to the DK dispute.

2. Or they authenticated adjudicated the provided tapes and determined there's nothing wrong with this score but, given the DK dispute, they haven't left notice here.
  8. 04-05-2018, 02:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by francoisadt View Post
    francois this score isn’t fir the perfect pacmsn but rather the time to reach it. Perfect pacman gives two record. One record is the score the second record is the timespan to reach that score. Even if billy can prove he did a perfect pacman but the timeframe is wrong then since this is the time record it’s correct to discuss the time
    Lode Runner Champion
  9. 04-05-2018, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod6045 View Post
    1. The DK dispute is taking up more of Adjudication's time to analyze and resolve this dispute. Likely they authenticated the tapes but haven't got around to determining whether the score is valid due to the DK dispute.
    That is as lame an excuse as could ever be concocted, and it would amuse me to deconstruct it, should TG have the audacity to attempt to utilise it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod6045 View Post
    2. Or they authenticated adjudicated the provided tapes and determined there's nothing wrong with this score but, given the DK dispute, they haven't left notice here.
    Please note that this dispute is about a timespan, not a score. And there is no adjudicative procedure which, applying standards of sound logic and sincere honesty, would find that precisely five and a half hours is a valid timespan for the completion of a "perfect" game of Pac Man.
  10. 04-05-2018, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock View Post
    Twin Galaxies, please provide some information about the cassette bearing the title, '② 6 HR PERFECT GAME PAC MAN'.

Do the cassette's contents match the label's description? Is the recording intact and of decent quality?
    Not the official answer you're looking for, but Jace did put up the #2 Pac-Man tape during his Facebook live review of the DK tapes. It's the second embedded video, fast forward to around the -24:12 mark.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/article...ll-score-today
    Thanks HugDD thanked this post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Join us