PlayStation 2 - Pac-Man World Rally - NTSC - Time Trial Mode - Cherry Cup - Cloud Garden [Fastest Lap] - 26.23 - Adam Shaw

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. PlayStation 2 - Pac-Man World Rally - NTSC - Time Trial Mode - Cherry Cup - Cloud Garden [Fastest Lap] - 26.23 - Adam Shaw

02-11-2018, 07:18 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:

NTSC - Time Trial Mode - Cherry Cup - Cloud Garden [Fastest Lap]
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=68609
    Rules
    1 Player Only, Time Trial Mode [Must Enter Initials!], May Freely Choose Any Available Character
    Special Rules: For this variation, you don't need to win or complete the race for your lap time to count.
    Submission Message
    This is my video challenging the record for fastest lap on Cloud Garden in Pac-Man World Rally. I messed up the video shortening, so the first lap shown here (26.66 seconds) is not the record i am submitting; rather the lap after i restarted, right after the first shown lap (26.23 Seconds). I also left in the full race to simply show it, and to save the time to my PS2's memory card. If requested, i still have the full capture session, unedited. Thank You! :-)
  2. 02-13-2018, 02:55 AM
    Great score.
    But can you show the full captured session ?
    - Black screen
    - Bootup of console from a Power Off state.

Thanks
    Fred
    Thanks Northern_Gamer22 thanked this post
    Likes Northern_Gamer22 liked this post
  3. 02-23-2018, 08:38 PM
    Hey Fred, thank you for looking at my record; i really do appreciate it. I have enclosed some video i've just taken of my PS2 and tv to show that my records are on the memory card, and that i was using an elgato game capture to capture my first four records; three of which i have not submitted yet.

This message isn't just about that though. I'm new to twin galaxies, and I feel that I dont know enough about what is needed for verification of records. I was just wondering if you could fill me i a bit about what is expected to be shown in videos. Also, i was going to ask if i should even use a capture card. The records i've seen mostly consist of captures of a tv with a camera. I was wondering if i should just use a camera.

If you do see this, please respond if you can; it would really help!

Thanks
    -Adam
  4. 06-09-2018, 05:00 AM
    The Time is good!

But in future the full boot up should be shown.

I'm happy to accept
    Thanks Pixe Sukola, Northern_Gamer22 thanked this post
    Likes Pixe Sukola, Northern_Gamer22 liked this post
  5. 06-09-2018, 08:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Gamer22 View Post
    I'm new to twin galaxies, and I feel that I dont know enough about what is needed for verification of records. I was just wondering if you could fill me i a bit about what is expected to be shown in videos. Also, i was going to ask if i should even use a capture card. The records i've seen mostly consist of captures of a tv with a camera. I was wondering if i should just use a camera.

If you do see this, please respond if you can; it would really help!

Thanks
    -Adam
    Hi Adam, welcome to Twin Galaxies. You score is very good and I'm gonna go ahead and accept it. But as Nads said, this would be a one time case and further submission need to have a more strong evidence package.

You can use either a direct-capture device or a handheld camera or both. I have used all of the different options for different cases.
    If you use an Elgato card, you need to start recording a couple of seconds BEFORE you turn the console on, so that adjudicators can see the boot up. Then submit a picture of the game and your console to be a little bit more sure that you own the game and you are not using an emulator.

If you use a handheld camera you need to start recording pretty much from the same point and show your controller, game and console. I've noticed that people tend to trust this kind of video more than the direct-catured one (not that there is anything wrong with that method, is 100% valid) and because of that your submission can be accepted faster.

This is my personal experience. I have submitted using all of the different methods and thats what Ive noticed so far. I put here examples of my accepted submissions using the different capture methods so you can have a better idea.

Using only direct capture device
    Using only handheld
    Using both
    Thanks nads, Northern_Gamer22 thanked this post
    Likes nads, Northern_Gamer22 liked this post
  6. 07-07-2018, 08:53 PM
    Thank you Pixe Sukoda, for giving me this information, and saying exactly what I needed to do. It really helps, and during my next runs on records, I will try to actually do both methods of recording; The elgato i have, and an external camera. I plan on showing one method of video in one half of the run, and the other video during the second half,(Both of the same attempts, of course.)

If there is a better way that I don't know of to show both methods at the same time, tell me if you can, I would appreciate it. I will definitely be sure to start the elgato before turning on the system, and take external video of me turning on the system. (And show the elgato too.) Also, with every record i submit, i will also submit a picture of the screen after the record has been achieved, showing the system,if that helps.

Again, I can't thank you enough for everything you've provided to me, and sorry for asking for so much, I just want to make sure I am doing this right. Now, because of your info, I can do this right. Thank you!

- Adam

P.S.: I have some recordings of records for other tracks, but only the captures. (I did them all before I submitted this one lol.) Is there any way I can still use them, without the external video? Or should I do the records over? Just asking.
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  7. 07-07-2018, 09:00 PM
    Thank you, and I will definitely be showing boot-up with my next records i submit. Thank you for your support, and i'll actually upload pictures of the system and t.v. after the fact in a little bit, if that helps at all. :-)
    Thanks nads thanked this post
    Likes nads liked this post
Join us