Score Verification

1. Score Verification

02-13-2018, 05:11 AM
    Hey guys I'm new here,

I wanted to know about recording your scores for submission. I read the FAQ section where they said you could either game capture your footage, or record the screen using some type of device like an iphone. I'm fine with doing either i just wanted to know which was preferred.

I viewed several submissions, and for the most part everyone, records externally just recording a video of there screen. Is that what is preferred?

Thanks for your help
  2. 02-13-2018, 08:09 PM
    Hi, Craig. I think I speak for most of the community that an external recording is usually preferred. With a external recording you can display your gameplay but also show the community the console and controller(s) you used to play with. Showing your hardware in use is no longer 100% necessary but some or most will appreciate it and will be more inclined to accept your submissions. I myself still like to see the hardware used during or before/ after. With captured video you can't do the latter but final scores will be more visible.

I had a capture card handy already and like you have used my iPhone to do a ex-rec and upload both views in my submissions. If you have both recording tools you can do the same as well or save some bucks and just use your iPhone. It all depends on how much evidence (video, screenshots, etc.) you want to include with your submissions. Finally, welcome to TG
    Thanks Craig Henry Palffy thanked this post
  3. 02-14-2018, 05:51 AM
    Thanks man i figured that was the case i just wanted to be sure. Thanks again!
    Likes Retro-Shark liked this post
Join us