Too Many Firsts - Unprovable and Unrealistic

1. Too Many Firsts - Unprovable and Unrealistic

02-16-2018, 08:17 AM
    http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/f...cseen#msg77904

This is beyond ridiculous.

Billy already claimed to be the person who "discovered" the no-fire trick in "Galaga", claiming that one day he was waiting for some friends and had nothing better to do so, by dumb luck, he just happened to choose to let the right enemy remain and keep flying past him for 15 minutes or so until it stopped firing.

He also had told me years back that he also "discovered" the no-enemy "Q*Bert" trick.

And now, see link above, he is claiming to be the person responsible for "inventing" direct feed.

And then there's the hidden dots in "Pacman".

Again, this is beyond ridiculous. Not only are all of these claims unprovable as far as "being first" since the world of gaming had millions of players back in the day, especially considering the "Q*Bert" trick is all-too-easy to perform by sheer accident, being asked to believe that a single person was responsible for all of the above, let alone other claims I might have forgotten, it's just too much to believe.

I'm calling "shenanigans"...any fan of "South Park" knows what that means.
    Thanks JJT_Defender, thefeckcampaign thanked this post
    Likes Barthax, rotunda, kernzyp, JJT_Defender, N/A and 2 others liked this post
  2. 02-17-2018, 07:20 AM
    I found this
    Thanks thefeckcampaign thanked this post
Join us