Dispute: Matthew Felix - Arcade - Donkey Kong Junior - Points - Player: Billy Mitchell - Score: 1,270,900

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Dispute: Matthew Felix - Arcade - Donkey Kong Junior - Points - Player: Billy Mitchell - Score: 1,270,900

02-26-2018, 09:19 AM
    Arcade - Donkey Kong Junior - Points
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=24
    Rules
    Dip-Switch Bank 1:
    A-G = OFF
    H = OFF/ON [Table/Upright]
    Note: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this title and will provide the following settings;
    Number of Juniors: 3
    Score Level for Extra Junior: 10,000 Points
    Player Name
    Billy Mitchell
    Original Adjudication
    N/A
    Verification Method
    Referee
    Verification Date
    2010-07-31
    Disputed Score
    1,270,900 (Rank 3)
    Disputed By
    starcrytas
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    Billy Mitchell's Donkey Kong Jr. score has been played on MAME according to my analysis here:

Supposedly, Billy achieved both the Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr. world records in one day. That would mean 6+ hours of gameplay with good luck.
    Thanks xelnia thanked this post
    Likes Hotrod6045 liked this post
  2. 02-27-2018, 09:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by WCopeland View Post
    I don't have the required credibility to start a dispute on the DKJr score. However, here is direct feed footage I just took from my Donkey Kong Jr. PCB. I have already done some initial analysis on the board transitions. I'm sure someone crafty can come up with comparisons better than I can:

In reviewing footage of Billy Mitchell's Big Bang/IVGHOF announcement where Billy played a video of his DK Junior world record, it appears that there may be another transition element bears the hallmarks of a MAME "signature".

As part of the rendering sequence of the vines stage, the left-most vine is one of the first elements rendered under MAME - in the arcade game, it' s not.

MAME version testing may narrow down the one in question here, although if we go by what we believe in the DK dispute review, the likely version is between MAME 0.116 to 0.121

MAME DK Junior game recorded 2012.
    0:24

Donkey Kong Junior MAME Level 1 score 14,000!
    Name:  Screen shot 2018-02-23 at 10.37.38 PM.png
Views: 342
Size:  100.0 KB

Another example

MAME Donkey Kong Junior Former World Record George Riley 1,313,800
    Name:  Screen shot 2018-02-27 at 11.33.13 PM.png
Views: 346
Size:  40.8 KB

And Wes' arcade direct feed capturing the first rendering of the vine transition:
    Name:  wesvideo.png
Views: 342
Size:  67.8 KB

Compare to a vine transition during the IVGHOF announcement, the same one captured from two different angles

Vines stage (first angle)
    7:31

Billy Mitchell 2010 - Billy Mitchell DK & DK Jr Record Announcement
    Name:  mark731.png
Views: 341
Size:  116.8 KB

Vines stage (second angle)
    7:12

Billy Mitchell Makes Announcement
    Name:  mark712.png
Views: 343
Size:  100.3 KB
  3. 04-12-2018, 09:00 AM
    Per the DK dispute, all of Billy scores have been removed. Including this one.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes n0o0o0bie, starcrytas, JJT_Defender liked this post
  4. 04-14-2018, 06:01 PM
    @Dave Hawksett @Jace Hall @TWIN GALAXIES

This dispute needs to be closed since this score is no longer on the scoreboard.
Join us