Thread

Atari 2600 / VCS - Donkey Kong Junior - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - 1,723,700 - Steve Germershausen

User Tag List

Is this a valid score?

This poll is closed
    This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Donkey Kong Junior - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - 1,723,700 - Steve Germershausen

03-08-2018, 12:27 PM

NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B
    Score Trackhttps://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2388
    RulesDefault Settings
    Submission MessageHi, please excuse all the other DK jr submissions, this will be the last one; unless someone tops this... BTW, in the 3rd stage (Mario's hideout), the top left vine transfer is the one that kills us off more than any other part of the game. The trick is to get to this level with all 4 juniors intact, then you have a 50/50 chance of getting the right foot position. Recorded March 07, 2018 on game 1, diff B.
    Final score: 1,723,700
    Set up: :18
    Run begins: 1:00
    Thanks Almighty Dreadlock thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, GregDeg, nads liked this post
  2. 03-08-2018, 04:58 PM
    Wow! Nice score. I broke 1 million on this in 2016 on Atariage tourney but quit after rollover (On their tournament games, a rolled score is considered best They call it "rollage").
    On Mario's hideout, I use the sound effects to guage how to keep my "foot" in correct position. First, I get my head level with platform to let snapjaw pass above, then I listen for the climbing sound effect. Let's say the effect in written terms is "click". I listen for three "clicks" and my foot will be in correct position. I will give this game some more tries, but am currently working on another game. But, 1.7 million is really, really good and will be challenging to surpass! Congrats.
    John Marks
    Jupiter, FL
    Thanks stygian thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, nads liked this post
  3. 03-08-2018, 06:08 PM
    Well, that's just crazy!

I like the timing to the second set of chains on the rivet stage, excellent, and keeping up with the timing on the sparks looks impossible.

Way to go, I hadn't checked this game out on VCS until your stuff recently, it's not bad-I am, but it's not, lol, is pretty good for a VCS game with progressive levels.

Accepted, Top-Tier, Man, once again!!!
  4. 03-09-2018, 09:31 AM
    accepted.

i can tell you i have no plans of topping it. Oh well, it was fun have top spot for a little while.
    Monthly Marathon 1st Sat of month
    let justice be done though the heavens may fall
    Likes stygian liked this post
  5. 03-09-2018, 12:22 PM
    All hail the King!

Huge Congrats Steve, rolling both Donkey Kong games!

This score may never be beaten, Brilliant achievement!

Youve inspired me to give this one a go.

Accepted
  6. 03-10-2018, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_chilly View Post
    Wow! Nice score. I broke 1 million on this in 2016 on Atariage tourney but quit after rollover (On their tournament games, a rolled score is considered best They call it "rollage").
    On Mario's hideout, I use the sound effects to guage how to keep my "foot" in correct position. First, I get my head level with platform to let snapjaw pass above, then I listen for the climbing sound effect. Let's say the effect in written terms is "click". I listen for three "clicks" and my foot will be in correct position. I will give this game some more tries, but am currently working on another game. But, 1.7 million is really, really good and will be challenging to surpass! Congrats.
    Hi, VooDoo,
    I just had a look at your submission that beat snowflake by 500pts. By not seeing the video earlier, I thought you may have ended the game on purpose when you found you had taken top spot, but you really did die in battle! Something tells me that if you got passed that chains stage, it would be you that would be posting a 1.7M score.
    What are you working on next?
    ...God gave video games to you...
  7. 03-10-2018, 09:43 AM
    whoa...

accepted
  8. 03-10-2018, 11:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stygian View Post
    Hi, VooDoo,
    I just had a look at your submission that beat snowflake by 500pts. By not seeing the video earlier, I thought you may have ended the game on purpose when you found you had taken top spot, but you really did die in battle! Something tells me that if you got passed that chains stage, it would be you that would be posting a 1.7M score.
    What are you working on next?
    I am working on Springer! Before I quit it for good.
    John Marks
    Jupiter, FL
  9. 03-12-2018, 09:09 AM
    Awesome job!

Accepted!
Join us