Atari 2600 / VCS - Fathom - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - 19,566 - glen sampson

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Fathom - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - 19,566 - glen sampson

03-15-2018, 07:02 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=3763
    Rules
    Default Settings
    Submission Message
    Fathom Game 1 BB on Atari 2600. Final score is 19,566.
    Likes Rogerpoco, swaggers liked this post
  2. 03-16-2018, 05:49 AM
    Was just wondering a couple days ago where you had been, but I know you pop out for a while here and there, work, I think.

Recently got an adaptor for VCS to USB(or any pinset like it), retronic designs(from Canada, coincidentally!), I could be mistaken but it looks like the one you showed us when you were on "Feelings".

You beat the game, Wow!!! I think the manual mentions that it is possible(could be the Intellivision version I am thinking of), really really cool to see it done!

Accepted!
  3. 03-16-2018, 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    Was just wondering a couple days ago where you had been, but I know you pop out for a while here and there, work, I think.

Recently got an adaptor for VCS to USB(or any pinset like it), retronic designs(from Canada, coincidentally!), I could be mistaken but it looks like the one you showed us when you were on "Feelings".

You beat the game, Wow!!! I think the manual mentions that it is possible(could be the Intellivision version I am thinking of), really really cool to see it done!

Accepted!
    The adapter I have for the pc is called 2600-Daptor II. Basically can use any Atari 2600 controller including keypads and driving controllers on the pc. Works quite well but don't work with 3rd party controllers well. IE Genesis.

Yes the game does end after level 7 is complete. Best way to do this is make a sheet outlining how many screens you have to move to get the stars. Its a bit much to memorize.
    Glen Sampson / GSampson35
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  4. 03-16-2018, 10:41 AM
    I did a little better, not much, on Intellivision-the reason I played this one, sorry I didn't commit to a higher score but I think I just liked the INT version so much better or something!
    I was flipping through stuff a couple days ago and saw where I had charted out the star locations, for at least as far as I could survive.

This one is a tad tough to understand what is really going on, but having played it, it was pretty cool to watch!

Supposedly my adaptor supports most Atari-like pins, the website even has drivers for different systems, but I haven't really explored it yet-EMU Coleco will likely be my first target someday, using the F/B Coleco controllers.

I'm not 100% INT-Biased, I like some VCS games better than INT counterparts, but def. give this one a shot when you do that INT thing you mentioned!
    ;)
  5. 03-19-2018, 09:59 AM
    Good run, Glen, you take the recently vacated top spot in this game!
    It's always a mystery what your score will be, up until you finish the game or die.
    A perfectly played game can get you around 30,000. Frostbite76 got 24,300. TRogers got 1,110,500, or did he?

Accepted.
    ...God gave video games to you...
  6. 03-19-2018, 10:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stygian View Post
    Good run, Glen, you take the recently vacated top spot in this game!
    It's always a mystery what your score will be, up until you finish the game or die.
    A perfectly played game can get you around 30,000. Frostbite76 got 24,300. TRogers got 1,110,500, or did he?

Accepted.
    There are only so many points to get once the clouds turn grey if you touch them they take points away.
    Glen Sampson / GSampson35
  7. 03-19-2018, 07:43 PM
    accepted...
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  8. 03-20-2018, 03:15 AM
    Accepted!!!
    Rodrigo Lopes
    Former Twin Galaxies Referee
    Metroid Team Member from Brazil
Join us