Thread

Atari 2600 / VCS - Atlantis - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - 7,352,730 - Paul Zimmerman

User Tag List

Is this a valid score?

This poll is closed
    This poll is closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Atlantis - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - 7,352,730 - Paul Zimmerman

04-01-2018, 09:22 PM

NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B
    Score Trackhttps://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2314
    RulesDefault Settings
    Submission Message-Recorded from Atari VCS/2600 to VCR
    -About 30 secs dead air at the beginning
    -About 1 min dead air at the end
    -Each time the score is rolled a "1" is added to the first digit. I rolled it 7 times, thus a 7 at the end before it changes to 0 due to 23 points are added.
    -So at the end, before the escape my score is 7,352,707 which then changes to 7,352,730 after the escape.
  2. 04-01-2018, 09:50 PM
    Video still uploading, prolly watch this in the morning-a preliminary "Oh My!".

Good one, classic game, hardcore score, can't wait to watch this!
    Thanks PAUL thanked this post
    Likes PAUL liked this post
  3. 04-02-2018, 09:50 AM
    Do bonus cities and cannons carry over. Say if you get a million points without loosing any does that mean you get 100 new ones automatically if you mess up a bunch?
    Glen Sampson / GSampson35
  4. 04-02-2018, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsampson35 View Post
    Do bonus cities and cannons carry over. Say if you get a million points without loosing any does that mean you get 100 new ones automatically if you mess up a bunch?
    I make silly mistakes a lot, could just be holding my tongue wrong when I click the mouse button, but your YouTube link takes me to Greg Sampson...
    I subscribed, then unsubscribed, lol(hope I didn't hurt the guy's feelings), found you and realized I had already subscribed.
  5. 04-02-2018, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    I make silly mistakes a lot, could just be holding my tongue wrong when I click the mouse button, but your YouTube link takes me to Greg Sampson...
    I subscribed, then unsubscribed, lol(hope I didn't hurt the guy's feelings), found you and realized I had already subscribed.
    Yeah best just to search my name. I removed the sig. I forgot that I changed from custom url to normal.
    Glen Sampson / GSampson35
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  6. 04-02-2018, 02:17 PM
    7 rollovers gets my vote, great run
    World Record holder for Crossy Road iOS points
    http://www.ronnieweston.com

7. 04-02-2018, 05:26 PM
    One of my favorite Atari titles!! :)

Sound out of sync, the run looks like good.
    Rodrigo Lopes
    Former Twin Galaxies Referee
    Metroid Team Member from Brazil
  8. 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
    Yea, the sound starts before the run does. I don't see that as a problem though. Sound out of sync / no sound, as long as the gameplay is there, no problem.
    Likes RonnieWeston, PAUL liked this post
  9. 04-03-2018, 04:30 AM
    yes, sorry about the out of sync sound. it took 7+ hrs to go from my VCR to my computer (records in real time) and sound was perfect then. after that it took a few hours to upload here. by this time i was in bed. the next day i checked on what happened over night. i saw it uploaded successfully but sound was out of sync after i played it. so it got out of sync going from my computer to here. does anyone know why that happened and/or how to fix since the plan is to upload a record every weekend? on that note, how do we upload a run divided up by 5GB files? it looks like when you upload for a submission you can only upload 1 file? next one might be a long one.
    "Have YOU Played Atari Today?!"
  10. 04-03-2018, 04:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsampson35 View Post
    yes, kind of. at the end of each wave you receive 500 points for each part that survives. also, for every 10,000 points you score, a destroyed part is restored. near the end i stopped playing because i wanted to reach a certain score, which i did. you can see when i stopped playing and as parts get destroyed, i have so many 10,000 credits that the parts restore and continues onto the next wave for many waves. so yes if you earn credits during a wave and do not lose any parts, those credits will be saved until you lose parts during a wave.
    "Have YOU Played Atari Today?!"
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us