Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=121815
    Rules
    Default Settings
    Submission Message
    Name:  5200Ixion214280.png
Views: 124
Size:  1.26 MB
    Hardware/Settings in beginning, game at 8:38. Atarimax cart used.

I know, I know-I'm supposed to be playing golf. I have, and will, but it's so hard to resist the spark in activity on the 5200!
    :) @Fordy - this makes me think of Zeroize a bit, tho they aren't really alike?
    Really neat game, but you have to overlook bad controls to enjoy it, tbh.

You are chasing down the letters "IXION", and there are gaps in the floor-if you push or shoot the yellow ball, it bounces around and clears the floor as it touches it, and destroys enemies.
    The enemies make a hole in the floor when they die, and in later rounds the red ball kills you on contact, and makes holes in the floor if you shoot it and it bounces around.
    That's about it-the enemies sometimes drop a line of dots, ala Pac-Man, I try to pick them up, and in the bonus rounds you are trying to clear the floor as much as possible.
    There is a timer running down the right side and bottom, I've only let it run out a couple times, didn't notice the result, I assume you lose a life.
    I've went over 100k w/o losing a man, so I think I can get higher, but was a pretty decent scramble to get the score.
    I'm aware that I am kinda poking at Dragons on the 5200, but I think they are friendly ones, and that's just what I do, I can't resist.
    :)
    Thanks Everyone!!!
    Thanks Almighty Dreadlock thanked this post
    Likes Fordy liked this post
  2. 04-11-2018, 09:47 AM
    Good game. I count 9 of my 5200 scores I need to revisit. Is this 1 paddle game on 5200...can't remember?
    I really enjoyed the MAME version of Ixion where I programmed it as a 2 stick X-arcade game.
    salamandermike
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  3. 04-11-2018, 09:56 AM
    I couldn't tell-if you were saying "is this a paddle game", I don't think so-I used a regular stick at least(I didn't know there was a paddle for 5200?).
    If you were trying to remember a game that either used paddles or was paddle-like-Castle Crisis. Awesome game and I don't like games like it, lol!
    38,500 on that one, I may have called it a day for now, like I said, I promise I'm not shooting for first on everything, just really exploring the system, loving it.

In fact, one of my personal goals is 20k on Centipede with a stick-it isn't unplayable, to be fair, but I'd guess the trackball really helps. 20,001 points and I'm satisfied, haha!

And Holy Cow, I didn't know Ixion was on MAME, and Robotron style control sounds bad-a$$!
  4. 04-11-2018, 10:05 AM
    May have said this before, not sure how familiar you are with my, uhh work, lol, but I promise-
    I beat a score and I go "Woo, I did it!".
    Someone beats the score-I go "Woo, they did it!!!".

I know, that's just not how it works, but...
    It makes me happy.
    ;)
    Likes nads, ILLSeaBass liked this post
  5. 04-11-2018, 10:21 AM
    I meant stick not paddle. That's my 2600 super breakout talking
    salamandermike
  6. 04-11-2018, 12:36 PM
    GG
    _________

7. 04-11-2018, 01:46 PM
    Looks good. accepted roger!
    John Marks
    Jupiter, FL
  8. 04-11-2018, 06:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamandermike View Post
    Good game. I count 9 of my 5200 scores I need to revisit. Is this 1 paddle game on 5200...can't remember?
    I really enjoyed the MAME version of Ixion where I programmed it as a 2 stick X-arcade game.
    Ok...
    I looked at this in MAME today-WOW!!!
    I cannot, for the life of me get the controls right, it looks like the original controls may have included a spinner?

If I could figure out how to set it up(I have 2 X-arcades, the Tank and the Dual, the Tank has dedicated 4-way sticks), I would give it a go!
  9. 04-13-2018, 01:22 PM
    Well played Roger, never seen this game before, but yeah it does seem to play similar to Zeroize. Accepted
  10. 04-13-2018, 01:43 PM
    Accepted a WR Roger

5 Lives
    Game Starts at 8:35 of the video Name:  image.png
Views: 54
Size:  712.3 KB
    Game Settings Begin at :03-26 of the video Name:  image.png
Views: 65
Size:  779.7 KB

Atari 5200 - Ixion - Default Settings - 214,280 Final Score is at 14:52 of the video
    Name:  image.png
Views: 53
Size:  583.2 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
Join us