SNES / SFC - Mega Man X - NTSC - Fastest Total Completion - 39:19.54 - Jacob Fields

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. SNES / SFC - Mega Man X - NTSC - Fastest Total Completion - 39:19.54 - Jacob Fields

04-21-2018, 08:53 AM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Fastest Total Completion
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=9804
    Rules
    Any Controller Settings [No Passwords Allowed!]
    Special Rules: The Required items: 4 Upgrade Capsules, 8 Heart Tanks, 4 Sub-Tanks. The "Street Fighter" upgrade [Fireball] is OPTIONAL. X-Buster upgrade MUST be collected from a capsule [NOT from Zero]. The Timer begins when you select "Game Start" on the title screen and ends when the final speech box begins to disappear. You MUST Complete the game or your record/attempt WILL be disqualified!
    Submission Message
    Played on SNES model 2, US cart, no glitches.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 04-21-2018, 03:31 PM
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...9-Jacob-Fields

My previous submission in the link above needs to be rejected as a side note.
  3. 04-22-2018, 03:54 PM
    bumping for attention
  4. 04-23-2018, 03:20 PM
    Most Twin Galaxy Members Like to See the Console Systems Submitter's in Video Game Submissions Before they Start the Game Especially On Speed Runs

Here is a Suggestion to Help you
    Everything is Perfect you Just Show the Console System at the Beginning of your Video before you Start Playing that will Solve the Problem

Then Twin Galaxy Members will Surely Be Vote YES ACCEPTED

In Game Timer

SNES / SFC - Mega Man X - NTSC - Fastest Total Completion - 39:19.54 - Jacob Fields
  5. 04-23-2018, 03:45 PM
    1. Is Their a In Game Timer or is This Digitally Timed?

Congratulations Jacob a World Record Awesome and Welcome to Twin Galaxy

1. The Timer Begins when you Select "Game Start" on the Title Screen and
    2. Timer Ends When the Final Speech Box Begins to Disappear.

Final Blow was at 39:35 of the Video The Digital Timer Stopped Final Speech Box Begins to Disappeared at 39:45 of the video Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	121 
Size:	606.0 KB 
ID:	56420

Game Starts at :12 of the video Click image for larger version. 

Views:	51 
Size:	449.5 KB 
ID:	56418
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	51 
Size:	437.7 KB 
ID:	56416
    SNES / SFC - Mega Man X - NTSC - Fastest Total Completion - 39:19.54 Final Time is at 39:35 of the videoClick image for larger version. 

Views:	56 
Size:	699.8 KB 
ID:	56414
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.png  
  6. 04-23-2018, 04:01 PM
    No in game timer unfortunately, I do have a video of the console i shot at the end of the run, i could uplaod that to youtube if needed.
  7. 04-23-2018, 04:35 PM
    here's a video showing the recording software + console, game and tv
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  8. 04-23-2018, 04:57 PM
    Main Reason that Some Players will Use a Pro Action or Game Genie Device or any other Enhancement Device

I know How the Twin Galaxy Members Think

1. So I Highly Recommend That for your Future Speed Run Video Game Submissions that you Show The Console System Boot Up, Setting at the BEGINNING OF YOUR VIDEO.

Then their will Little to No Issues

I JJT Johnny Will Help get Your Video Game Submission Adjudicated and Voted YES ACCEPTED by Twin Galaxy Members

it is not Like the Speed Run Community their Learning to Accept but Need Some Knowledge of the Glitches and Understanding.

Maybe you Can Do a Tutorial Video on Speed Running to Explain Things in Laymen Terms Step by Step.
  9. 04-23-2018, 05:13 PM
    This Rule Should Be Re-Written it Read FINAL BLOW ask @ Dave Hawksett see if he will Change it Because All Other Speed Run Video Games and Fighting Game Always States FINAL BLOW

Special Rules: The Required items: 4 Upgrade Capsules, 8 Heart Tanks, 4 Sub-Tanks. The "Street Fighter" upgrade [Fireball] is OPTIONAL. X-Buster upgrade MUST be collected from a capsule [NOT from Zero].

The Timer begins when you select "Game Start" on the title screen and

Ends when the Final Speech Box Begins to Disappear.

You MUST Complete the game or your record/attempt WILL be disqualified!

I Hate to Say this but Jacob you Stopped the Timer Before the Final Speech Box Begins to Disappear

Jacob you Broke a Twin Galaxy Rule for this Game I am going by what the TG Rule for this Game
    Final Blow was at 39:35 of the Video The Digital Timer Stopped Final Speech Box Begins to Disappeared at 39:45 of the video Attachment 56420

That is 10 Seconds Difference so the Final Time Going by Twin Galaxy Rules for This Game would be 39:29.54 or 39 Minutes 29 Seconds & 54 Milliseconds Instead of 39:19.54 or 39 Minutes 19 Seconds & 54 Milliseconds
  10. 05-03-2018, 12:31 AM
    Sorry buddy, I'm gonna have to vote no on this one. Due to the time you typed in. It doesn't matter if in the video you stopped the timer after the final blow but you should have typed in the correct time which is when the last text box was disappearing (your final input) just as mentioned in this specific rule set. (I personally think this last text box rule is dumb, sure it's your final input but hey it's not like you could lose during this part. You're basically done just like the final blow on any other action game, ending-text box, cutscene or otherwise. But this rule specifically states text box.)

Unfortunately, TG does not have a way to edit submissions so you can adjust values and keep this submission w/o having to re-upload the video but that's just a dream for now. So you would have to resubmit this again for a third time. I'd suggest keeping the same video and just editing the time you type in. That way you at least skip the play through.

P.S. Besides, even if the rule did specify after the final blow, Sigma's HP reached zero when the Rolling Shield made contact at around 39.19.19
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us