Dispute: John McAllister - Arcade - Paperboy - Points [Grand Slam Score] - Player: Phil Britt - Score: 1,136,435

Is this a valid dispute?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. 05-31-2020, 04:37 AM
    I wanted to share an alternative source for the 1986 VGMT manual available via the Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140123...6_VGM_TOGM.pdf

I found it in this 2010 thread that was also examining discrepancies between tournament settings and the settings found on the leaderboard:

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...cores-settings

To echo the frame of the Jedi discussion, I think there's a strong argument that Britt's scores were not were not performed using the settings currently listed on the TG scoreboard, mainly in reference to "medium" versus "medium hard."
    Likes spectre, Barra liked this post
  2. 05-31-2020, 04:52 AM
    In reference to the TAS video I would like to point out that it's a Speedrun. An input file was built to complete the game fast and on the way it does all these impressive trickshots

BUT

no lives were sacrificed in ANY of either Easy St., Middle Rd. or Hard Way, so in theory scores for each street could be higher if lives are sacrificed. As I recall you can only get the end bonus for 5 lives.

Also, it's highly unlikely a human could go full blast and make all these shots but you can take it fairly easy before the bees show up.
    [Twitch: spectredk],[Youtube: spring79],[Twitter: @Sp3c7r3DK]
    aka Jacob Spring and Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record holder on Metal Slug Supervehicle-001
    Likes The Evener liked this post
  3. 05-31-2020, 03:30 PM
    They state in the description that the goal of the TAS is to score as high as possible, so I don't think it was a speedrun but more of a scorerun/superplay.

You are right though they don't sacrifice their extra lives anywhere and instead opt for the 9k bonus per life at the end. I'll post a comment and see if this was intentional or not. Definitely some potential to score higher if not!
    Thanks spectre thanked this post
    Likes spectre, The Evener liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Join us