You may not vote on this poll
  1. Vectrex - Spike - NTSC/PAL - Points - 26,700 - Roger 111

05-07-2018, 01:42 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:

NTSC/PAL - Points
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2053
    Rules
    An ORIGINAL Vectrex controller MUST be used for all submissions.
    After advancing a few levels, leeching points could become an issue - If it looks like you're intentionally point leeching, your score WILL be disqualified!
    BANNED TACTIC: Getting yourself stuck between the cage and the right side of the screen, resulting in a large amount of points.
    Submission Message

Hardware/Settings in beginning, only game, yay! Richard Hutchinson's Vec-Multi cart used.
    Far and away my best Spike game ever, had to slow down and figure it out, instead of treating it like madness(tho it is...).
    You move the ladder with the 1 button, to four different places on the screen, in a set order.
    If you catch the bow, the enemies freeze and you are safe from contact from them for a short period.
    You kick left with the 2 button, right with the 3 button, and jump with the 4 button, the goal is to grab the key, then reach the safe spot at the top of the screen(which you can move once you are on the top level, with the ladder button.).

So my gameplay idea is solid, just needs a big tweak-I'm playing backwards.
    I am waiting on bottom for the bow-in later rounds this does require kicking a few extra enemies, but the goal is safer progression, not the actual points, and I even lost my last man very aggressively jumping through enemies after that bow. Darnit!
    Once I get the bow, I go up the ladders, three taps to get it to the bottom right position, then two taps to get it into the top right position.
    Like Freeway, kinda, I should be planning my route on the left side, the enemies on the first level seem to always go right to left, and they are fast in the later rounds.

I hope to sharpen this up, but happy with the score, this is really, really hard to play. Spike has been the background on my cellphone for over a year now, haha, prolly explaining why the word is in my regular vocabulary.
    Thanks Everyone!!!
  2. 05-07-2018, 02:50 PM
    Vectrex is starting to Spike my interest.
    salamandermike
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  3. 05-07-2018, 03:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamandermike View Post
    Vectrex is starting to Spike my interest.
    I just figured out how to play one that was a little too deep, gameplay-wise for me before(there is an unintentional pun there...submarine game, lol!), that you may like, may be a little bit, still working on it!

You've got the multi cart-there are several good games w/o scores/untracked-most I like but am not good at, Dondzilla games, several "space shooter" things, we've talked about this on 5200, but I'd def do a "blind sub" mini competition on untracked(or tracked)Vec games, with no expectations of coming out on top.

Wormhole, Omega Chase, Space Frenzy and Starfire(Star Wars Arcade game rip, lol!) are all ones on that list, I have some untracked ones written down somewhere.

Anyway-Gotta go. On an artic rescue mission, stay tuned!

:)
  4. 05-07-2018, 03:40 PM
    Lol, don't get mad(at least I caught it!!!)-I think I got you and John confused for a sec, am pretty sure he has the Vec Multi.
    Oops!

Thanks a Million tho, for sure!!!
    Likes voodoo_chilly liked this post
  5. 05-07-2018, 06:52 PM
    GG
    _________
  6. 05-07-2018, 09:59 PM
    From 4:06 - 4:30 in the video, that's what I was trying to avoid when I wrote the rules. At similar points in the game, the other competitors hit the enemies four or five times mostly. At one point, Dane hit eight without progressing, but he made a move for the bow, and he had the enemy swooping down at him. You hit fourteen enemies without moving. The bow fell to the platform to the right, but you didn't make a move for it. The enemy from above didn't come too close to you during this, so there really wasn't any danger of a loss of life.

I don't think you were thinking about the points you were getting (unintentional)... You had the bow on your mind, but the end result is the same..right?

I hate being the bad guy :(

Pitcrewpoco!
  7. 05-08-2018, 05:09 AM
    Oh-I was also stalling a bit for a safer jump to the key on the bottom right(it was creeping closer), the jump to that tiny ledge seemed like suicide.

Totally, TOTALLY see where you are coming from with the wording of the rules, but if I did break the spirit it truly was unintentional, was like a deer in headlights on the later stages.

Is no worries either way, proud of the score, more proud of the respect of my friends, as always, I can't "cancel", so I'm good with community opinion on this.

Thanks Everyone, and My Apologies!
    Likes RaGe liked this post
  8. 05-08-2018, 05:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe View Post
    From 4:06 - 4:30 in the video, that's what I was trying to avoid when I wrote the rules. At similar points in the game, the other competitors hit the enemies four or five times mostly. At one point, Dane hit eight without progressing, but he made a move for the bow, and he had the enemy swooping down at him. You hit fourteen enemies without moving. The bow fell to the platform to the right, but you didn't make a move for it. The enemy from above didn't come too close to you during this, so there really wasn't any danger of a loss of life.

I don't think you were thinking about the points you were getting (unintentional)... You had the bow on your mind, but the end result is the same..right?

I hate being the bad guy :(

Pitcrewpoco!
    And you aren't the bad Guy, I'd never think that.
    You've never done or said anything I'm aware of that wasn't in the best interest of the games, and you know I respect that!
    Likes RaGe liked this post
  9. 05-08-2018, 01:57 PM
    @Dave Hawksett -
    Sorry to bug again so soon, any chance you could help get admin to cancel this submission for me manually?
    The cancel feature has never worked for me(tho I may be one who needed it the most, ha!).

The Vectrex has some oddities, it is easy to inadvertently break the spirit of play, and the rules were set up to police this pretty closely, and rightfully so.
    I did a bit of truly inadvertent pressing in this game, and wouldn't want anything I do to be out of sorts.

I would imagine there are many votes on this, many of them "yes", so I hope people are given the chance to fix their vote, I don't want anyone losing points over this.

Thanks, and Sorry!!!
  10. 05-08-2018, 02:20 PM
    Played this once before, hadn't a clue what to do and give up..well played voting yes accepted
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us