Rules
    ROMSet: GunSmoke
    Bonus Life: at 30K, 100K, 100K+
    Cabinet: Upright
    Difficulty: Normal
    Freeze: Off
    Service Mode: Off
    Allow Continue: No
    Special Rules: This is a Single Credit game ONLY! Inserting more then 1 credit will risk your score being immediately disqualified.
    Submission Message
    inp and wlf files attached

Attached Files Attached Files
    Likes John73, fliplismcs, Max liked this post
  2. 05-13-2018, 03:54 PM
    Great game but a heads-up. Video footage of the gameplay is required for MAME submissions now.
  3. 05-13-2018, 07:19 PM
    Sorry Paul. I've already protested the ruling requiring mandatory video for MAME. It's completely backwards. At a time where TG prizes higher scrutiny of its scoreboard (Todd Rogers, Billy Mitchell episodes), this just encourages less knowledge &/or laziness passing for authority.
    Likes CWK, TRB_MetroidTeam liked this post
  4. 05-13-2018, 07:31 PM
    It’s not too big of a deal. Just playback the .inp, Film it and upload.
  5. 05-13-2018, 09:00 PM
    I use OBS to capture the MAME window when playing back the INP.
  6. 05-13-2018, 09:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by terencew View Post
    Sorry Paul. I've already protested the ruling requiring mandatory video for MAME. It's completely backwards. At a time where TG prizes higher scrutiny of its scoreboard (Todd Rogers, Billy Mitchell episodes), this just encourages less knowledge &/or laziness passing for authority.
    At first I was fully against it for the same reasons you described above. I then went to watch some accepted submissions and got annoyed at the hassle of having to download each INP and version of MAME, as well as find the pertinent ROM. I’m reasonably good with MAME so I wonder what some newbies might think when they see a score but no easy way to watch it.

It would definitely turn a lot of new people away. Having a video might make
    them stick around for a bit longer :)

My apologies for the derail.
    Likes stella_blue liked this post
  7. 05-14-2018, 12:59 AM
    While I don't think video should be required for MAME, I rarely adjudicate any scores without it. It's just far too much hassle to have all the different versions of Wolf installed along with suitable ROM sets.
  8. 05-14-2018, 02:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by terencew View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I didn't know about the change in the MAME submission rules.

So what do I do now? Do I have to cancel this submission and then create a new submission so I can upload the video?

Or can I upload the video against this submission, and if this is correct, how does it get into the TG video store?

The WolfMAME 106 inp is a digital playback file already, just like submissions at MARP.

Thanks
  9. 05-14-2018, 05:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by OOO View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I didn't know about the change in the MAME submission rules.

So what do I do now? Do I have to cancel this submission and then create a new submission so I can upload the video?

Or can I upload the video against this submission, and if this is correct, how does it get into the TG video store?

The WolfMAME 106 inp is a digital playback file already, just like submissions at MARP.

Thanks
    Don't know if admin could attach a recording for you but I do know your rec must be uploaded directly to TG. You could attach a zip file to this thread but it may only be 50mb so probably some serious compression. What you could also do is the next submission you make you could put this recording in that upload and link it to this thread. Else cancel and waste these submission points. Nice game Paul
    Thanks OOO thanked this post
  10. 05-14-2018, 05:18 AM
    Maybe best to just cancel if you don't mind the SP loss. Who knows, TG may just delete this thread due to no video before you get a link attached.
    Likes OOO liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us