Intellivision - Dragonfire - NTSC/PAL - Medium - Points - 15,530 - Gsampson35

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Intellivision - Dragonfire - NTSC/PAL - Medium - Points - 15,530 - Gsampson35

05-14-2018, 07:09 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC/PAL - Medium - Points
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=36907
    Rules
    This variation is for both NTSC and PAL as there is no difference between the two on the Intellivision Video Game Console.
    Select MEDIUM game-mode by pressing button # 8.
    On MEDIUM game-mode, on the first screen the ARCHER throws arrows.
    The FIRST Dragon you encounter is aqua-blue in color. There is no need for the player to show on the video the button pressed to start the game.
    Submission Message
    Dragonfire Skill 2 (Cyan Dragon) on Intellivision. Run starts at 4:37 mark in video. Final score is 15,530.
    Thanks Almighty Dreadlock thanked this post
    Likes ivanstorm, Ragequit liked this post
  2. 05-15-2018, 09:11 AM
    Was that the Room of Certain Doom?

GG.

3. 05-15-2018, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock View Post
    Was that the Room of Certain Doom?

GG.
    Nah I can get higher than this. Most of the time is a fight with the joystick.
    Glen Sampson / GSampson35
  4. 05-15-2018, 01:18 PM
    Fighting with the controls is part of the game - part of the programming.

The game is also out to get you.

Whenever I'm on a run, my knight starts sticking to the walls like a fly on fly-paper ... and the archer magically becomes Robin Hood on his post.

This is one of the most intense games in the collection. The psycho-dragons are just as bad as the psycho-shark in Shark! Shark!

5. 05-15-2018, 01:19 PM
    Nice score, Glen! Accepted!
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
  6. 05-15-2018, 01:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Intellivision Master View Post
    Fighting with the controls is part of the game - part of the programming.

The game is also out to get you.

Whenever I'm on a run, my knight starts sticking to the walls like a fly on fly-paper ... and the archer magically becomes Robin Hood on his post.

This is one of the most intense games in the collection. The psycho-dragons are just as bad as the psycho-shark in Shark! Shark!
    Ive been trying Shark Shark my best so far in that is 96k. Cant seem to get away from the shark when it gets fast.
    Likes Intellivision Master liked this post
  7. 05-15-2018, 02:06 PM
    At 90,000 points the Shark gets to 90% speed. And 75% of the time he won't let you nip his tail too much. I start going for the fish at that point.

At 100,000 points, he's at 100% speed. He won't let you nip his tail even once. I only go for the fish. Rudy keeps going for his tail until his game ends - completely different strategies - equally as effective.

8. 05-15-2018, 06:00 PM
    Glen, for the last 2 hours, every time I press down to crouch, my knight races to the left and runs into the fireball. Half the time that I hurdle over a fireball my knight "hops one inch from the ground" and dies. Every time I get on a run, my man sticks to the walls like he's full of honey (you can see it happen on every one of my videos). I don't remember any of this from 1983. I remember the controls working just fine.

No excuses... but man ... I feel like I only get a fair shot 1 out of every 10 tries.

Are you experiencing anything similar?

Quote Originally Posted by Gsampson35 View Post
    Nah I can get higher than this. Most of the time is a fight with the joystick.

9. 05-15-2018, 06:09 PM
    I switched consoles. It's working more consistently. Not perfect; but much better. I must have worn out the sensors on the disc !!

10. 05-15-2018, 08:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Intellivision Master View Post
    Glen, for the last 2 hours, every time I press down to crouch, my knight races to the left and runs into the fireball. Half the time that I hurdle over a fireball my knight "hops one inch from the ground" and dies. Every time I get on a run, my man sticks to the walls like he's full of honey (you can see it happen on every one of my videos). I don't remember any of this from 1983. I remember the controls working just fine.

No excuses... but man ... I feel like I only get a fair shot 1 out of every 10 tries.

Are you experiencing anything similar?
    Yeah the wall stick thing has happened to me. I find on the bridge if you are pressing diagonal in any way the knight will move from a crouch.
Join us