Thread

NES / FAMICOM / DISK - California Games - PAL - Footbag [Points] - 191,250 - Ben Webster

User Tag List

Is this a valid score?

You may not vote on this poll
    This poll is closed
  1. NES / FAMICOM / DISK - California Games - PAL - Footbag [Points] - 191,250 - Ben Webster

06-17-2018, 09:54 AM

PAL - Footbag [Points]
    Score Trackhttps://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=30921
    RulesPractice Mode
    Special Rules: Your run MUST go the entire 1m15s and allow for your final score to be tallied up or your score will be disqualified. You may attempt this record as many times as you like, but you MUST complete the run for your record to count! Please inform the referee how many attempts you made before you got your best score recorded for easier viewing / verification.
    Submission MessageHi. I would like to submit the following score on foot bag on California Games that I did on my PAL NES in my home today, Sunday 17th June 2018.
  2. 06-25-2018, 07:28 PM
    Awesome Run and welcome to Twin Galaxies,

I have one problem with the submission and that is that you have not shown the console booting up from the off position (or the console at all) so I cannot vote yes.

The problem with not showing the console powering on at the start and not showing the console at all for this type of submission is that there is no proof that this is a real NES and could be played on emulation. as well as only showing the game already running enables someone to enter cheats before filming the run.(not saying you have cheated here).

Your obviously good at "hacky sack" or "footbag" so I would suggest filming another run only this time film the console from the power off state all the way through to the score being shown, this will prove without any doubt that the score was achieved on a real NES.
    Thanks psychohamster thanked this post
  3. 06-26-2018, 04:39 AM
    Echoing Blair-don't get discouraged, you didn't do anything "wrong", it's just not quite "right".

Make sure to get the cart/system/power on in the shot, at least at the start, and also is helpful to show the controller on video-you only want to have one controller plugged in, BTW.

Do it again, I'm sure you can-you're close enough to 200k to push for that anyway!

Pretty sure I have the high score on this on Genesis, and I just started playing NES competitively, I'm SURE I'll give this a try soon.

Keep at it!
    Thanks psychohamster thanked this post
  4. 06-29-2018, 12:11 PM
    Many thanks for your comments guys. I should have thought that it would be needed to show the cart and console booting up.

I'll have another crack and resubmit.

Do I have to do anything to remove this submission?
  5. 07-01-2018, 03:25 AM
    Just click cancel.
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
Join us