Thread

Atari 2600 / VCS - Video Chess - Quickest checkmate - 01:22.136 - Roger 111

User Tag List

Is this a valid score?

This poll is closed
    This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Video Chess - Quickest checkmate - 01:22.136 - Roger 111

06-17-2018, 01:25 PM

Quickest checkmate
    Score Trackhttps://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=212039
    RulesThe timer begins when the cursor first touches the first piece that you move -- not to be confused with the first piece the cursor touches. If the cursor just moves over one piece to get to another for example then that does not trigger the timer starting. However, if you do move the piece, then the time started the moment the cursor touched that piece whether you selected it or not. The timer ends when you put the last piece in position to achieve checkmate. Whether you officially dropped the piece or not is irrelevant, once its in position the time stops.
    Submission MessageHardware/Settings in beginning, game just after 1:30.
    Got awesome help from a couple great friends, both giving me the same time, 1:22 seconds, so I feel 100% confident in the timing.
    I really used to be good at Chess, but it's been a long time.
    Won't get too technical on the piece positioning(because I can't!), but opened with a Wayward Queen attack, with the intent of pulling off a Scholar's Mate.
    The only problem is the King side Knight, so it took exposing my Bishop for attack before nailing the King with my Queen, and from the opening/gambit intention, I really did spend time figuring out what the AI would go for.
    The game is willing to continue past Check-Mate, BTW, kinda odd, like Checkers, the reason I went ahead and took the King, the game doesn't actually concede.
    This was awesome. I can't believe I won a game of Chess this fast, I'll probably try to mash someone IRL with this technique!
    Thanks Everyone!!!
    Likes Almighty Dreadlock liked this post
  2. 06-17-2018, 01:30 PM
    Eh, the track asked for milliseconds, I thought it would automatically round it to a whole second, I didn't want to put ".000" when it really was ".136".

Plz, let me know if this needs to be rounded, I worry it should be.

Sorry, and Thanks!
  3. 06-17-2018, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    Eh, the track asked for milliseconds, I thought it would automatically round it to a whole second, I didn't want to put ".000" when it really was ".136".

Plz, let me know if this needs to be rounded, I worry it should be.

Sorry, and Thanks!
    Yep.. needs to be rounded. 1:22.000
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  4. 06-17-2018, 01:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GregDeg View Post
    Yep.. needs to be rounded. 1:22.000
    Good deal-I can't cancel, So please, Everyone vote NO on this one, I'll resubmit.

Sorry, and thanks!!!
  5. 06-17-2018, 01:47 PM
    Voting "No"
  6. 06-18-2018, 06:17 AM
    voting no by request

fyi you are correct it was my intention for it to be whole seconds. I see i messed up and never explicitly stated that. but between earlier subs accepting whole sounds and the track founder stating the purpose I hope this can be referenced if theres ever future debate.
    Monthly Marathon 1st Sat of month
    let justice be done though the heavens may fall
  7. 06-18-2018, 10:59 AM
    Checkmate .6.9. sucker
Join us