NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Ski Or Die - NTSC - Snowball Blast [Points] - 27,162 - Roger 111

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Ski Or Die - NTSC - Snowball Blast [Points] - 27,162 - Roger 111

06-29-2018, 07:18 PM
    Additional Video Evidence:
    vzaar-player
    NTSC - Snowball Blast [Points]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=12938
    Rules
    Practice Mode
    Special Rules: You MUST do this in Practice Mode! You may attempt this record as many times as you like, but you MUST complete the race for your record to count! You may abort runs if you screw up. Please inform the referee how many attempts you made before you got the highest score recorded for easier viewing/verification.
    Submission Message
    Name:  NESSkiordiesnowball27162.png
Views: 70
Size:  603.7 KB
    Hardware/Settings in beginning, game at 15:22, Fifth attempt, per the kinda outdated rules.
    Krizz N8 Everdrive used.
    This one will be overlooked as a novelty, but if I had $ to put a bounty, I wouldn't be too worried about it.
    Yes, @Almighty Dreadlock . Bragging again.
    The other tracks on this game were pushovers for me, a few handful of attempts, and done, but this was one tough SOB to crack, I actually have a little more respect for the Guy I beat on this one than I did before, his score was awesome-mine is better.

You obviously aim with the D-pad, and you move from sector to sector, u/d/l/r, by holding the A button and moving the D-pad. You throw snowballs with the B button.
    You are being covered up(turned into a snowman)as you get hit, but if you can hit a shovel with a snowball(the key to lasting long enough to score) you can uncover yourself a bit.
    You want to pick up snowballs every so often, but if you are accurate enough you don't really need to get them every time.
    Ignore the stars-is unlimited bullets for a short period(you always have autofire, just slower w/o the star), but if you are again, accurate enough, they are a waste of precious time.

Here's the cracker-
    There are 225 kids total in the game you have to hit-50 in the first wave, 75 in the second, and 100 in the third-they are worth varying points, depending on how far they are-
    Unless I missed something, I hit every kid from as far away as possible, 100 points a kid, max points 22,500 on the kids.

So, to beat my score, you have to do that-and hit more(silver) "special characters"(Yeti, The Girl, The Dwarf Skier)than I did.
    And I hit a lot of them.
    Don't hit the Ski Instructor, you lose snowballs.

Again, I think this may be overlooked, but may be my "score of the month".

Unless I hit the 5.57 in a few minutes.
    :)
    Thanks Everyone!!!

(Give this a sec-I will have to "Add video evidence").
  2. 06-29-2018, 09:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    Bragging again.
    Man, when you've earned your bragging rights, no one can tell you you're wrong.

Anyone who tries will be silenced by a stern blow from the Joystick of Justice.
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  3. 06-30-2018, 07:46 AM
    Since you didn't beat the top score by all that much, I assume Mr Ferretti used a strategy similar to yours, which is why you had to sweat for it.

So, take a breath, and bask in the glory, for a while. You've earned a rest, play some easy games, set a few disposable records.

This is one of your real records.
  4. 06-30-2018, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock View Post
    Since you didn't beat the top score by all that much, I assume Mr Ferretti used a strategy similar to yours, which is why you had to sweat for it.

So, take a breath, and bask in the glory, for a while. You've earned a rest, play some easy games, set a few disposable records.

This is one of your real records.
    Truly, give or take hitting a few more bonuses, this is close to as high as you can get-you can't really delay for bonuses, or trick it(that I could tell), this is just squeezing the max points out of it.

For sure, I had no video/strategy ideas to lean on, and this is the only way to score this high, I was proud to figure it out, and impressed that he did as well.
    Likes Almighty Dreadlock liked this post
  5. 07-01-2018, 03:49 PM
    I had Skate or Die back in the day. Never knew about this one. Looks pretty cool. Always enjoy your submissions. Way to go! Accepted.
    Is it hot in here, or is it just my score!?
  6. 07-01-2018, 04:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AtariGuy1760 View Post
    I had Skate or Die back in the day. Never knew about this one. Looks pretty cool. Always enjoy your submissions. Way to go! Accepted.
    My NES list is pretty short-I just(finally!)got my Everdrive, the only cart system I have that I didn't have one for-was my childhood system, but all the records are for "Fastest Completion" of games I can't even beat, haha!

Ironically, "Atariguy", all the "or Die" games are actually on my list, I think I can break them down to their simple mechanics-
    'Cause I'm an Atari Guy too!
    :)

Oh, yes, this game turned out to be really good, I think, for it's time, lots of variety, and very fun.

Thanks!
    Thanks AtariGuy1760 thanked this post
    Likes AtariGuy1760 liked this post
  7. 07-02-2018, 06:45 PM
    Nice score, Roger! Accepted!
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
  8. 07-06-2018, 04:51 PM
    Nicely done. It's tough to make out the difficulty of the game; but beating Rudy's score tells more than the video.

I notice you guys won't let a Canadian compete on this snowball game....... understandable !!! :)

Accepted !!!

9. 07-06-2018, 05:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Intellivision Master View Post
    Nicely done. It's tough to make out the difficulty of the game; but beating Rudy's score tells more than the video.

I notice you guys won't let a Canadian compete on this snowball game....... understandable !!! :)

Accepted !!!
    I promise, there are different scoring levels for hitting the close kids, lower points, and ONLY hitting the far away kids, and staying alive, getting skillucky with the shovel to get you more time, this "just" a game, like any other, but I promise, if there are more points, it's miniscule!
    This took a lot of work, and as I said, I respect the Guy a little more than I did, and definitely get what you are saying.

Yeah...
    I moved to Tennessee when I was 16. Didn't snow for two years(Ironically I was in Navy boot camp in Florida, where I had moved from, lol, during the "Blizzard of 93")
    I was almost 20 years old when I first saw real snow...
    (Had went to a resort here in the mountains with the fake stuff-sure as hell looked like a snow covered mountain to me...but that didn't count.).
    I still hate it, everyone should live at the equatorial belt somewhere, lol!
    Likes Intellivision Master liked this post
  10. 07-10-2018, 05:21 AM
    Accepted
    Game Starts at 15:22 of the video
    Game Settings is at 1:15 of the video Name:  image.png
Views: 31
Size:  532.6 KBName:  image.png
Views: 28
Size:  694.3 KB
    NO CHEAT CODES USED is at :50 of the video Name:  image.png
Views: 29
Size:  260.4 KB
    NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Ski Or Die - NTSC - Snowball Blast [Points] - 27,162 Final Score is at 23:57 of the video Name:  image.png
Views: 40
Size:  545.7 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us