This poll is closed
  1. Sega Master System - World Games - NTSC - Caber Toss - 29.400 - Roger 111

07-28-2018, 02:01 PM
    Additional Video Evidence:
    NTSC - Caber Toss
    Score Trackhttps://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=23406
    RulesDefault Settings
    Submission Message
    Hardware/Settings in beginning, toss at 45 seconds. NEO MD Myth used to access SMS hardware in the Genesis.
    Surely I'm wrong, but this is consistently the farthest I can throw it, I'm either doing something terribly wrong, or this is it on this version.
    I think I'm running too fast, but I dunno.
    Thanks Everyone!!!
    Thanks Almighty Dreadlock thanked this post
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  2. 07-28-2018, 11:56 PM
    Got some bad news for you, Mr Poco: your score claim is incorrect.

To represent the 4ʼʼ component of your toss, you need to enter "040" into the milliseconds field.

The "400" you entered represents 40ʼʼ, which is an invalid entry. Highest possible entry is "110" (11ʼʼ).
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, Marcade liked this post
  3. 07-29-2018, 04:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock View Post
    Got some bad news for you, Mr Poco: your score claim is incorrect.

To represent the 4ʼʼ component of your toss, you need to enter "040" into the milliseconds field.

The "400" you entered represents 40ʼʼ, which is an invalid entry. Highest possible entry is "110" (11ʼʼ).
    I'm so bad with numbers that I have no worries assuming you are right, but I'm still confused, TBH.

Seems like inputing .040 would produce a distance of 29.04, which would be incorrect.

The "4" represents the "tenths" column, and(here's where my math is bad and I could be in error!)"0"'s entered into the hundredths and thousandths column don't affect the value of the tenths column at all?

No worries at all, "Cancel" does work for me now, one way or another I can work it out!
  4. 07-29-2018, 05:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    I'm still confused
    Most important point is that there are 12 inches in a foot, so 0.4 feet is not 4 inches, making the ".4" part of your score claim definitely invalid.

The fields you're entering your score into are for seconds and milliseconds, so you have to use the first two milliseconds digits as numerical representations of inches.

To see this system in use, take a look at the scoreboard for the Commodore 64 version of this game. You indicated that you voted 'yes' for one of the submissions, so review that, as well.

Hope that clears things up for you.
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  5. 07-29-2018, 05:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    Seems like inputing .040 would produce a distance of 29.04, which would be incorrect.
    Just to confirm, "29.04" would be the correct score claim for your game.

The "29.04" would not be the actual distance, but a representation of it.

The representation system is stupid, in my opinion, but the precedent has been set, on that other scoreboard.

If adjudicators would like to set a different precedent, on this scoreboard, I'd be OK with that.

If we use accurate calculations instead of representations, the correct score claim would be "29.333", as 29 feet, 4 inches is 29⅓ feet.
    Thanks Rogerpoco, Marcade thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  6. 07-29-2018, 05:25 AM
    Most important point is that there are 12 inches in a foot, so 0.4 feet is not 4 inches, making the ".4" part of your score claim definitely invalid.

The fields you're entering your score into are for seconds and milliseconds, so you have to use the first two milliseconds digits as numerical representations of inches.

To see this system in use, take a look at the scoreboard for the Commodore 64 version of this game. You indicated that you voted 'yes' for one of the submissions, so review that, as well.

Hope that clears things up for you.
    Nope, more confused than ever, tho you are a million percent correct evidently!
    :)

I'm almost angry at myself, thinking my brain isn't working right for me not to understand it, but I swear I don't.

Eh, thanks for catching this, I'm cancelling now, as always I appreciate your judgement and experience, helps a lot man.
    :)
  7. 07-29-2018, 05:27 AM
    Just to confirm, "29.04" would be the correct score claim for your game.

The "29.04" would not be the actual distance, but a representation of it.

The representation system is stupid, in my opinion, but the precedent has been set, on that other scoreboard.

If adjudicators would like to set a different precedent, on this scoreboard, I'd be OK with that.

If we use accurate calculations instead of representations, the correct score claim would be "29.333", as 29 feet, 4 inches is 29⅓ feet.
    OK, now I understand a bit better, that helped clear it up in my mind, I was afraid I had lost it, lol!!

Thanks Again!
Join us