TI-99 / 4A - Car Wars - NTSC - Points - 44,480 - Stanner Rasmussen

User Tag List

Is this a valid score?

This poll is closed
    This poll is closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. 08-08-2018, 02:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLSeaBass View Post
    What's the preferred emulator for TI-99/4A scores? There's a few games on that machine I would love to play for a TG score.
    There actually isn't one (There are no emu scores for it). I'm going to check out the one Stanner used and see how it is. If anything needs to be pointed out on the emu side, I'll add it to this game's rules. If I do, hopefully anyone else adding emu TI games copies from this game.
    Likes ILLSeaBass liked this post
  2. 08-08-2018, 05:02 PM
    The emulator variation is ready to go:

https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/ca.../1?ref=fbshare

Check the rules regarding the in-game recorder and what should be shown.
    Likes ILLSeaBass, Barthax, nads liked this post
  3. 08-09-2018, 04:24 PM
    Rejecting as stated. This is emu not hardware. I was going to subit for this as I have the ger just havent the time. Nice score :D
    Dan Desjardins
  4. Moving up feature

08-10-2018, 10:51 PM
    I explored some refinements to this. Whether it's a glitch or a feature, I do not know, I don't have source code to analyze.

However, the way I can get it to work best seems to require a crash, though very rarely does it occur at the beginning of the game or without a crash.

So, after the crash, press and hold all 3 keys (Q, UP & LEFT).

When the light goes RED (not green as I have it in the original post #4 above) have all 3 keys pressed.

When the first yellow lights up, release the Q button; keep pressing LEFT and UP.

When the second yellow lights up, release the LEFT button; keep pressing UP.

When the third yellow lights up, press the Q button with UP never having been released.

On GREEN, the car jumps up one road.

It seems you have to time it just right and release the keys at the exact moment the yellows go on, then press Q at the exact moment the third yellow lights up; if it goes green before the Q is re-pressed, it doesn't seem to work.

Also, it only seems to work when I have 1 or 0 extra cars left in the pit on levels 1 and 2; and it worked twice in a row on level 4 with 2 cars then 1 car left in the pit. I already know it works on level 5 since that's the only way I've been able to pass level 5. Still working to figure out level 6 so I can play it indefinitely and just rack up points.

Hope that helps those of you with the original system, can't wait to see one of you post a record score :)
    Likes nads liked this post
  5. Sweet, just need a screen recorder now :)

08-10-2018, 10:57 PM
    Any recommendations on a screen recorder? Or I guess just doing it on my phone should work too?
  6. 08-11-2018, 04:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanner View Post
    Any recommendations on a screen recorder? Or I guess just doing it on my phone should work too?
    I use OBS for all my Atari 2600 EMU subs.
    Its free and very uneasy to use
    Thanks Stanner thanked this post
    Likes Stanner liked this post
  7. 08-11-2018, 04:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nads View Post
    I use OBS for all my Atari 2600 EMU subs.
    Its free and very uneasy to use
    Easy to use
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Join us